Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 09:13 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They shoot people for wearing the wrong color clothes and walking down the wrong street. Even for just looking at someone "wrong".
Sounds similar to how redneck culture has traditionally worked. I would talk to Thomas Sowell about that:

Black Rednecks and White Liberals | Capitalism Magazine

https://townhall.com/columnists/thom...erals-n1301128

Old 08-08-2018, 10:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
I-44 is the main drug pipeline. Missouri HP busts big loads of drugs all the time that are headed to Chicago.
Chicago has been a major historical hub for distribution of prohibited substances because of geography and transportation infrastructure.

Black gangs control the retail distribution of narcotics.

The gangs are not fighting over turf disputes. It’s all about individual reactions to being disrespected online and response to being personally challenged. There are tools people use to track the location and movements of those they communicate with via FB Private Messenger. It is considered bad form to disable the feature on your messages in some sub -cultures.

As I understand it, the tool cannot distinguish between inside or outside of a location.

I have posted before about an incident on the west side, a few years ago. A woman posted something nasty about another woman on FB. It quickly accelerated with both 30 something women putting an online call out to their to resolve the interpersonal dispute. Dozens of women arrived with children in tow, with guns and box cutters. A gun battle in the middle of the street ensued in the middle of the day. One woman used her car to impail another against a tree. Just to make sure, the driver backed up and then plowed into her target again

The driver fled on foot.

It’s about a unique sub culture that seems to feed on itself, within a handful of neighborhoods that believe it is necessary to defend personal attacks made to them and their families on social media.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:22 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,465 times
Quote:
It's the culture. Young blacks grow up with parents, older siblings etc, carrying guns and doing drugs. They think it is normal.
Exactly how do you know this?

Do you know them personally?

Old 08-08-2018, 05:02 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,600,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I don't know what he is... and no I don't support saggin pants... but I know everyone who does it, is not a violent criminal.
I'm all for the enforcement of city ordinance that stand against saggin pants.
oh look its the "not all" defense

Old 08-08-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Chicago has been a major historical hub for distribution of prohibited substances because of geography and transportation infrastructure.

Black gangs control the retail distribution of narcotics.

The gangs are not fighting over turf disputes. It’s all about individual reactions to being disrespected online and response to being personally challenged. There are tools people use to track the location and movements of those they communicate with via FB Private Messenger. It is considered bad form to disable the feature on your messages in some sub -cultures.

As I understand it, the tool cannot distinguish between inside or outside of a location.

I have posted before about an incident on the west side, a few years ago. A woman posted something nasty about another woman on FB. It quickly accelerated with both 30 something women putting an online call out to their to resolve the interpersonal dispute. Dozens of women arrived with children in tow, with guns and box cutters. A gun battle in the middle of the street ensued in the middle of the day. One woman used her car to impail another against a tree. Just to make sure, the driver backed up and then plowed into her target again

The driver fled on foot.

It’s about a unique sub culture that seems to feed on itself, within a handful of neighborhoods that believe it is necessary to defend personal attacks made to them and their families on social media.
Black gangs control the sale of drugs, but Mexican drug cartels, specifically the Sinaloa cartel, control 80% of the drug supply going into Chicago. The Sinaloa cartel brings it into Chicago.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sina...ug-game-2013-9

As for the killings, alot of those killings sound no different from what used to take place in the antebellum South. People were getting killed over "disrespecting someone's honor". This is how I see it. Ghetto culture and the redneck culture are not much different from each other. The idea of "you disrespect me, get ready for a fight", it's similar in both cultures. I would say that alot of the violence that takes place among the impoverished Blacks in the ghettos, a sizable part of it transpires from the redneck culture. And you don't have to be White to embody that culture. Go read Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals and you might understand more about this.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:00 PM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sounds similar to how redneck culture has traditionally worked. I would talk to Thomas Sowell about that:

Black Rednecks and White Liberals | Capitalism Magazine

https://townhall.com/columnists/thom...erals-n1301128
Thomas Sowell is a very smart black conservative, scholar, economist, and social theorist who is 100% against the liberal welfare destroying black families.

So naturally, the black community has largely rejected him and called him an Uncle Tom.

He's in his senior years and we are lucky to have this man. Shame on my black community for not appreciating his hard stance against liberal policies.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:27 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump does not care about inner-city blacks. Most politicians, on both sides of the aisle, don't.
Given the level of cooperation the inner city blacks give to their police, I would argue that they don't care about inner -city blacks either.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Thomas Sowell is a very smart black conservative, scholar, economist, and social theorist who is 100% against the liberal welfare destroying black families.

So naturally, the black community has largely rejected him and called him an Uncle Tom.

He's in his senior years and we are lucky to have this man. Shame on my black community for not appreciating his hard stance against liberal policies.
I agree with some of what Thomas Sowell has to say, and disagree with some things he has said. With that said, the entire Black community has not rejected him. I have not heard any Black person say anything bad about him. I've heard more Black people say bad things about O.J. Simpson.

You apparently have missed the point that I was making when I posted those links. I was talking about how redneck culture and ghetto culture are very similar. Either missed my point or ignored it entirely.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Exactly how do you know this?

Do you know them personally?
I don't think said person does.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:08 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
We have an entire lost generation thanks to welfare, ignorance and single parenthood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies