Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 07:32 AM

3 posts, read 1,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Brand new account. Trolls gonna troll.
If the black community wished this to stop, it would. Everyone knows that's the case and why Chicago police can't stop the issues.

Instead they blame everyone else. Very typical in communities of color. The right brings this up but the left doesn't want to rock the boat so it keeps going on and will continue.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:48 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeb4321 View Post
If the black community wished this to stop, it would. Everyone knows that's the case and why Chicago police can't stop the issues.

Instead they blame everyone else. Very typical in communities of color. The right brings this up but the left doesn't want to rock the boat so it keeps going on and will continue.
This take is horrendously stupid. Every couple of months I actually reply to one of these posts in earnest, detailing the roots of Chicago violence and how to actually prevent it. No one ever seems to care, because none of you actually care about Chicago violence. You just use it as a convenient way to best Democrats and express your racial animus without being called out directly on your racism. But, here we go:

Chicago, unfortunately has a long-standing gang culture. This is objectively a bad thing. A few years back, a major gang enforcement operation led to the arrest of every high-ranking gang-member of note. There were no OG’s on the streets to carry out diplomacy and enforce the unwritten (and often written) rules of gang culture. What was left behind was basically packs of child soldiers. Undisciplined teenagers shooting each other over Instagram posts. This is problem number one.

Problem two: Chicago police do not care about shooting victims in poor black neighborhoods. In fact, they don’t care about anyone in these neighborhoods, which is why these crimes are really investigated. At one point, two years ago, the CPD had made arrests in only 70 of TWO THOUSAND fatal shootings. Right or wrong, people have taken to settling these matters them selves because the police don’t care.

I understand that no one is interested in fixing the root causes of violence: concentrated poverty, easy access to firearms, poor schools and mental health services amongst a myriad of other issues. But, you can actually reduce the violence and all it takes is two things:

-Increased police patrols in dangerous neighborhoods with no mandate to enforce drug or “quality of life” crimes. Simply be in the community but don’t harass its residents.

-Investigate every murder as af every victim were a 24 year-old blonde from Lincoln Park.

Chicago’s homicide rate would drop precipitously, but in order for those two things to happen, the police have to except that there a job in these communities is to protect the people, not arrest him. Unfortunately, the police do not value the lives of the people in this community and in fact believe them to be their adversaries.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:49 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
I love all these Chicago shooting/violence threads.

Chicago is gangster city, has been that way for decades even before the days of Capone.

You just don't wish away something that has been an engrained part of society for over a century.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
the innocent people being shot are not thugs... and any attempt to make inference that "all black people are thugs", show's the ignorance of anyone that to make that assertion.

To those making the stupid and ignorant comments, thank you, for identifying the indignity and inhumanity of yourself by the vile nature of your comments.

We know some come to these sites, looking for a drama fix, to pump themselves up with belligerent stupidity, and if that's your think, it does not even deserve a response, why patronize such ignorance. Some have no idea, their ignorance is on global display, as people from other parts of the world reads this website. So, you only insult yourself and are too unaware to even know it.

Those who think they live in some protected bubble, or think their skin will protect, them evidently don't pay attention to the reality that exist. some of the same ones talking that silliness, could very well be the victim of their own family members taking them out, especially if they use the same level of ignorance when communicating with family and others in their environment. I'd bet some of those making undignified comments even consider themselves Christians at least for an 45 min -1hr on Sundays... and here we are on Monday morning, they are back to the same indignities they rush to websites to spew.

For those who take serious the needs for our society to implement security camers and fence protections around the school and various safety measures that do not impede the average honest non criminals in our society to move freely about, need not responds to those making "foolish comments"...

Old 08-06-2018, 07:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Most of these shootings are never resolved.

Too often friends/ families protect their own.

Too often people fear retaliation and remain silent.

Gangs are institutionalized in the USA. The concept of urban terrorist organization is appealing.

A firing squad won’t fly.

CPD took more than 8000 unlicensed/ unpermitted guns off the streets last year. Most were recovered in the 5/25 most violent districts. FBI does the tracing. A broke convicted felon can acquite a gun within a few hours of being released from prison.

It is reasonable to assume that nearly everyone is carrying, legal or otherwise in some areas of the city.

As I understand it, only the Governor or POTUS can call on the National Guard. The Governor has previously rejected the idea and said it would exacerbate issues. The NG do not have Police Powers.

There is a tendency for people to view the NG as an “ occupying force”.

You can put a cop or NG on every corner in the most violent communities - but unless you get the cooperation of the community...

Gang members are sons, brothers, uncles, cousins, bio fathers, lovers, protectors and neighbors of other people who give them cover.

The black population is declining in Chicago as extended families relocate to Southern urban areas- sort of a reverse of the Great Migration of the 40’s- 50’s. They are fleeing the never- ending violence.

While the carnage piles up in 5 neighborhoods, it’s business as usual in the rest of the city. 52 Million people visited Chicago last year. They spent enormous sums of money on hotels, dining, shopping and entertainment.
55 Million visitors and nine were shot. The annual 4 day Lolapalooza event concluded last night. 400,000 attended. No one was shot. People don’t wander into the 5 violent areas.

Chicago has 6 Level 1 trauma hospitals. If you are going to get shot, no better place than Chicago to survive the injury. No shortage of repeat victims. Weather forecasts and holidays/ events associated with alcohol consumption influence staffing.

In the meantime....why are children hanging around street corners at 2:30 AM? Why are people congregating in court yards and parks during the wee hours? Why do fights break out in local bars? Why do local bars have 4:00 AM licenses? Why do people use social media to provoke other people? Why would any one socialize with anyone who engaged in urban terrorism?

Old 08-06-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeb4321 View Post

White communities have not stopped the crime, so explain that with your bias and racist vile. White people continue to molest kids, kill family members, shoot up schools, the teachers molesting students and every kind of crime imaginable, including the fact they kill each other for insurance money, kill each other over inheritance, commit their own parents to facilities, to get their money, and any kind of thing they can think of including the willingness to kill without conscience concern. So, you can stuff that fictional delusion that white is any better than anyone else.
Maybe you should stop watching right wing media and actually read... every day, the cycle of white people killing each other, abducting women and children and any kind of crime one can imagine has been going on since the inception of their presence in America.

So, any attempt to grandstand based on your skin, is nothing more than a self deluding myth of ones own blindness.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:06 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
the innocent people being shot are not thugs... and any attempt to make inference that "all black people are thugs", show's the ignorance of anyone that to make that assertion.

To those making the stupid and ignorant comments, thank you, for identifying the indignity and inhumanity of yourself by the vile nature of your comments.

We know some come to these sites, looking for a drama fix, to pump themselves up with belligerent stupidity, and if that's your think, it does not even deserve a response, why patronize such ignorance. Some have no idea, their ignorance is on global display, as people from other parts of the world reads this website. So, you only insult yourself and are too unaware to even know it.

Those who think they live in some protected bubble, or think their skin will protect, them evidently don't pay attention to the reality that exist. some of the same ones talking that silliness, could very well be the victim of their own family members taking them out, especially if they use the same level of ignorance when communicating with family and others in their environment. I'd bet some of those making undignified comments even consider themselves Christians at least for an 45 min -1hr on Sundays... and here we are on Monday morning, they are back to the same indignities they rush to websites to spew.

For those who take serious the needs for our society to implement security camers and fence protections around the school and various safety measures that do not impede the average honest non criminals in our society to move freely about, need not responds to those making "foolish comments"...
That dude with his underwear showing is either a thug, or is emulating one. This is how you don't get shot in Chicago.

Don't hang out everywhere after dark
Don't look like a thug with your pants on the ground

Old 08-06-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most of these shootings are never resolved.

Too often friends/ families protect their own.

Too often people fear retaliation and remain silent.

Gangs are institutionalized in the USA. The concept of urban terrorist organization is appealing.

A firing squad won’t fly.

CPD took more than 8000 unlicensed/ unpermitted guns off the streets last year. Most were recovered in the 5/25 most violent districts. FBI does the tracing. A broke convicted felon can acquite a gun within a few hours of being released from prison.

It is reasonable to assume that nearly everyone is carrying, legal or otherwise in some areas of the city.

As I understand it, only the Governor or POTUS can call on the National Guard. The Governor has previously rejected the idea and said it would exacerbate issues. The NG do not have Police Powers.

There is a tendency for people to view the NG as an “ occupying force”.

You can put a cop or NG on every corner in the most violent communities - but unless you get the cooperation of the community...

Gang members are sons, brothers, uncles, cousins, bio fathers, lovers, protectors and neighbors of other people who give them cover.

The black population is declining in Chicago as extended families relocate to Southern urban areas- sort of a reverse of the Great Migration of the 40’s- 50’s. They are fleeing the never- ending violence.

While the carnage piles up in 5 neighborhoods, it’s business as usual in the rest of the city. 52 Million people visited Chicago last year. They spent enormous sums of money on hotels, dining, shopping and entertainment.
55 Million visitors and nine were shot. The annual 4 day Lolapalooza event concluded last night. 400,000 attended. No one was shot. People don’t wander into the 5 violent areas.

Chicago has 6 Level 1 trauma hospitals. If you are going to get shot, no better place than Chicago to survive the injury. No shortage of repeat victims. Weather forecasts and holidays/ events associated with alcohol consumption influence staffing.

In the meantime....why are children hanging around street corners at 2:30 AM? Why are people congregating in court yards and parks during the wee hours? Why do fights break out in local bars? Why do local bars have 4:00 AM licenses? Why do people use social media to provoke other people? Why would any one socialize with anyone who engaged in urban terrorism?
Interesting commentary. I'm pretty sure America won't resort to firing squads.

But I am in favor of the cameras in communities, business districts and commercial zones, and large parking lots. and I'd certainly be willing to pay a citizens fee for that services and benefit.

In my community, there has been a couple of shooting, related to love spats, which I don't condone, our biggest issues is the shifts that have increased "litter". I don't consider us to be immune to anything, there has been house burglaries, which is a commonality across the nation, but I don't condone that nor down play it. because I think anyone who breaks in someones home also has the willingness to kill if they think that is their means of escape.

Crimes exist and we need means to monitor areas is what I would be happy to pay a citizens fee to get.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That dude with his underwear showing is either a thug, or is emulating one. This is how you don't get shot in Chicago.

Don't hang out everywhere after dark
Don't look like a thug with your pants on the ground
I don't know what he is... and no I don't support saggin pants... but I know everyone who does it, is not a violent criminal.
I'm all for the enforcement of city ordinance that stand against saggin pants.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
I'm really confused.

Chicago has really strict gun laws. So why the violence?

Also, has BLM weighed in yet? Protests scheduled? David Hogg tweeting like crazy demanding even MORE gun laws for Chicago? Is he running for mayor to clean up the gun violence?

Yeah. that's what I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies