Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
This take is horrendously stupid. Every couple of months I actually reply to one of these posts in earnest, detailing the roots of Chicago violence and how to actually prevent it. No one ever seems to care, because none of you actually care about Chicago violence. You just use it as a convenient way to best Democrats and express your racial animus without being called out directly on your racism. But, here we go:

Chicago, unfortunately has a long-standing gang culture. This is objectively a bad thing. A few years back, a major gang enforcement operation led to the arrest of every high-ranking gang-member of note. There were no OG’s on the streets to carry out diplomacy and enforce the unwritten (and often written) rules of gang culture. What was left behind was basically packs of child soldiers. Undisciplined teenagers shooting each other over Instagram posts. This is problem number one.

Problem two: Chicago police do not care about shooting victims in poor black neighborhoods. In fact, they don’t care about anyone in these neighborhoods, which is why these crimes are really investigated. At one point, two years ago, the CPD had made arrests in only 70 of TWO THOUSAND fatal shootings. Right or wrong, people have taken to settling these matters them selves because the police don’t care.

I understand that no one is interested in fixing the root causes of violence: concentrated poverty, easy access to firearms, poor schools and mental health services amongst a myriad of other issues. But, you can actually reduce the violence and all it takes is two things:

-Increased police patrols in dangerous neighborhoods with no mandate to enforce drug or “quality of life” crimes. Simply be in the community but don’t harass its residents.

-Investigate every murder as af every victim were a 24 year-old blonde from Lincoln Park.

Chicago’s homicide rate would drop precipitously, but in order for those two things to happen, the police have to except that there a job in these communities is to protect the people, not arrest him. Unfortunately, the police do not value the lives of the people in this community and in fact believe them to be their adversaries.
The elephant in the room ...

WHERE IS BLACK LIVES MATTER?

They apparently don't care.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
What if someone from CD kills someone, are we all going to jail?
No shortage of propaganda attempts to persuade people that all Muslims are radical and seek to kill all non- Muslims. Using the broad brush is encouraged.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I really don't care how many thugs are killed there. I'm fine with the violence.
If only those being shot were hood rats. Unfortunately, others become victims, too.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Chicago streets are run by drug cartels. It's common knowledge.
Most of the city does not experience the level of violence that occurs in 5 / 25 Police Districts.

Chicago is a major transportation hub in the US. Trains, planes, trucks and cars make it an ideal hub for narcotic distribution. Black gangs handle the retail end of the operation.

Used to be CPD was able to broker a semblance of peace among gangs. Imprionment and death of gang leaders caused gangs to splinter. There is no longer centralized leadership.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:30 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,971,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm really confused.

Chicago has really strict gun laws. So why the violence?

Also, has BLM weighed in yet? Protests scheduled? David Hogg tweeting like crazy demanding even MORE gun laws for Chicago? Is he running for mayor to clean up the gun violence?

Yeah. that's what I thought.
Almost all the guns into Chicago from Indiana. Most southside neighborhoods are fewer than 10 miles away from Indiana. I see that you made to post in a row about BLM, which is kind of tipping your hand. We see your agenda. If you have any questions about BLM, feel free to go to their website and read their mission statement.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Predictable outcomes of the drug war, welfare and wage controls
The War on Drugs, welfare and wage control are not unique to Chicago.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:33 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
The following is a good post.
More people on CD should post like this

Here is a statement
Quote:
I'm really confused.
Here is evidence to support that statement
Quote:

Also, has BLM weighed in yet? Protests scheduled? David Hogg tweeting like crazy demanding even MORE gun laws for Chicago? Is he running for mayor to clean up the gun violence?
There can be little doubt that the original statement was true

Old 08-06-2018, 08:34 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Almost all the guns into Chicago from Indiana. Most southside neighborhoods are fewer than 10 miles away from Indiana. I see that you made to post in a row about BLM, which is kind of tipping your hand. We see your agenda. If you have any questions about BLM, feel free to go to their website and read their mission statement.
Any firearm bought in a store means the buyer passed a BGC.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:41 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
Quote:
I'm really confused.

Yeah. that's what I thought.
Because, like I said, gangs have been a part of Chicago for over a century. Many of these most violent gangs today trace their lineage to the 50's and 60's, some to the 40's.

Only those living in some fantasy bubble would think that getting rid of gangs and violence in Chicago is as easy as marching in the streets. Some of the kids in gangs today, their fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers, were in the same gang. Gangs are as much a fabric of Chicago as anything else.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:44 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
One wonders why the people of that city keep electing the out of touch Rahm Emanuel to office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies