Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 06:24 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,802,127 times

Advertisements

It is all about control of the message and Jones has the ear of the heartland.

Control... The key word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 06:25 PM

29,239 posts, read 22,513,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Youtube has joined the free speech police. The video channel has been terminated.
It's not a free speech issue.
When anyone puts a video on UTube, they must agree to the Terms of Service UTube has first.

The Terms of Service are a performance contract. The user agrees to follow them or not, but since UTube is a privately owned company, it's their rules, and must be followed. That the service is free makes no difference.

Alex Jones was never forced to join UTube. He violated his Terms of Service, and UTube has a lenient violation policy- 3 strikes and you're out. So he was warned, but his videos were still available.

But when he violated again, 4 times in one day, UTube simply enforced its policies.

The videos still exist somewhere if Jones saved them. Just not on UTube anymore.

It's not free speech. If you want to go play in someone else's yard, and there's a sign that says "Don't poke the watchdog," then don't poke the watchdog.

Because if you poke the watchdog, you will be kicked out of the yard. That's the understood agreement. That's not free speech. Poking the watchdog is a contract violation, plain and simple.

Since poking the watchdog is Jones' stock is in his nature, and has become his in trade, he did it to himself. UTube isn't the only internet site that has Terms of Service; they all have them, and Jones violated his Facebook and all his Apple terms too, so his videos can't be shown on either Facebook or iTunes (or any other Apple-owned website) for 90 days. Same deal, except he still can possibly re-appear on them if he obeys his contract.

But UTube is all done with him. Their Terms still have to obey the laws of the United States, and there are limits on free speech. It has never been unlimited.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:28 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,802,127 times
Meet their next big target that is highly effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5f_IOqZ3X4

10,660 posts, read 4,156,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
That's a stretch... Alex Jones for example has his website and radio as a voice. What we don't do in the US is force people to provide service that are against their personal beliefs... Remember?

Now if the US government forces Alex Jones website down, then you have a fair comparison.
HAHAHAHAHA! LMAO! This is absolute BS. You know what I am ticked about, the fact that the Government, demanded by the Godless trash democrats, is forcing me to pay taxes so they can turn around and use it to fund their baby killing factory. Now that is some messed up crap. So explain to me why i am being forced to pay taxes that fund Planned Parenthood when it is my belief that abortion is murder and is against my religion?

15,092 posts, read 10,182,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't be so hard headed.
Don't be so repetitive of the same stuff your have already been owned on.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA! LMAO! This is absolute BS. You know what I am ticked about, the fact that the Government, demanded by the Godless trash democrats, is forcing me to pay taxes so they can turn around and use it to fund their baby killing factory. Now that is some messed up crap. So explain to me why i am being forced to pay taxes that fund Planned Parenthood when it is my belief that abortion is murder and is against my religion?
Deflection.

Your taxes aren't funding YouTube and the like. There is absolutely nothing in the topic of this thread that has anything to do with abortion rights and PP.

What about protecting the rights of private businesses and corporations is not a Republican conservative view?

Let me ask.. Of LGBTQ group started posting on Godtube and get deleted and banned would you be as upset and vocal?

I would flip it... If you dont celebrate this news you are a conservative in a name only...

Old 08-06-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Meet their next big target that is highly effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5f_IOqZ3X4
I'm worried about Paul Joseph Watson and Mark Dice. Alex Jones is way too extreme, and I can stomach maybe one or two of his videos a year because he does have good talking points, but I love PJW and Mark Dice. But, they are already preparing to be banned and already started channels on other sites.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:32 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,610,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You can't even Google anything anymore without the entire first page being a laundry list of liberal sites.
If you think that’s true go use Yahoo, Bing, or any of the other search engines. Or create your own!

Old 08-06-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Deflection.

Your taxes aren't funding YouTube and the like.

What about protecting the rights of private businesses and corporations is not a Republican conservative view?
But they are funding Planned Parenthood. Why is it ok for liberals to force their crap to be paid for by conservatives, but it's also ok for them to censor conservative voices? I want you to explain this to me? Or are you admitting that democrats and liberals are hypocrites?

Old 08-06-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You can't even Google anything anymore without the entire first page being a laundry list of liberal sites.
No one is forcing you to use Google. If you still do and still whine, you are a snowflake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies