Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 08:06 PM

87 posts, read 102,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That part of the title is word for word taken from ABC News.

ABC news? The same news that called the terrorist attack in lower Manhattan a ‘road rage’ incident? Careful where you get your news from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 08:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krb212 View Post
ABC news? The same news that called the terrorist attack in lower Manhattan a ‘road rage’ incident? Careful where you get your news from
Are you really trying to argue he didn't get arrested for this? That it's all made up?

Old 08-08-2018, 08:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

suddenly the outrage!!!!! the practice had been going on for decades and doing what CC did was perfectly fine.
That's a lame excuse.

What happened to "Law and Order" from the GOP convention? You didn't think it meant all these Republicans would be headed to jail, so now you don't like Law and Order so much.

It's a law on the books and he broke the law. He's been indicted. You don't get off the hook because the law changed 6 years ago. He's a member of the legislature...they write laws.

He knows that new laws are added all the time and that once it's a law, you have to abide by it. You can't say "It's a new law from 6 years ago, 7 years ago I wouldn't have been charged"

Old 08-08-2018, 08:29 PM

33,557 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He was arrested, isn't that being hard on crime? Seriously, do you leftist read anything before you hit the post button?
Just one of many of Trump's swamp creatures.....Following Trump's "best of the best" is like watching The Sopranos, although I'm enjoying watching the wheels fall off the Trump train.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:30 PM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
up until recently inside trading by congress was legal

"Martha Stewart went to jail for it. Hedge fund honcho Raj Rajaratnam was fined $92 million and will go to jail for years for it. But members of Congress can do the same thing -use non-public information to make stock trades -- and there's no law against it. Steve Kroft reports on how America's lawmakers can legally make tidy profits on information only they know, simply because they won't pass a law against themselves"

in 2012- 'A year ago, President Obama signed the STOCK ACT into law at a celebratory ceremony attended by a bipartisan cast of lawmakers.'

'How Congress Quietly Overhauled Its Insider-Trading Law"..... in 30 seconds on a Friday afternoon.

suddenly the outrage!!!!! the practice had been going on for decades and doing what CC did was perfectly fine.
Lol. This is so wrong on so many levels that I'm not quite sure where to start.

First, what matters is what is legal presently, not what the case was in the past (I hear in Stone Age a lot of things were legal, that might not be nowadays).

Second, I think, the purpose of the Stock act law was to address insider trading on a knowledge acquired due to the official's position in Congress. In this case it was due to being on the board of that company (so the typical stuff).

Third, are you saying that Obama was trying to drain the swamp, I'm impressed by this admission.

Lastly, laws apply to everybody (regular folks, politicians and 0.01 percenters), I do not care who is member of what.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krb212 View Post
Where do you get your news from? Obviously your news sources are more reliable.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:02 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I just heard about this.

He was an ardent supporter of the cheeto, and was interviewed many times. And all the time, he was scamming the American people!

Drain the swamp, indeed!

I wonder......IS TRUMP'S White House...…..the HIGHEST CRIME NEIGHBORHOOD IN DC?

Does the mobster Trump even have one single non-criminal associate?

Old 08-09-2018, 06:20 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
"Just hours after Republican Congressman and former Trump transition employee Chris Collins is arrested by the FBI, Trump fires nearly 40 employees from a financial watchdog group that tracks and investigates white-collar crimes."

I guess Trump doesn't want any more of his buddies getting arrested.

https://twitter.com/TAPAlerts/status...35221400805376

Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
"Just hours after Republican Congressman and former Trump transition employee Chris Collins is arrested by the FBI, Trump fires nearly 40 employees from a financial watchdog group that tracks and investigates white-collar crimes."

I guess Trump doesn't want any more of his buddies getting arrested.

https://twitter.com/TAPAlerts/status...35221400805376
Laws should only apply to those with broken tail lights.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Oh please the crime is in both parties...how do you think people run for an office that pays $174K and lives in a high price city like DC and leaves office a millionaire? How do you think Maxine Waters lives in $4 million dollar house?

The point remains the President promised to drain the swamp, then proceeded to surround himself with liars and crooks. How many people who were close to him at one time have now been indicted? I mean you just can't ignore this although obviously that's exactly what you are trying to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies