Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The Mormons I know are for the most part patriotic, with a good percentage having served in the US military.
Their presence in the military is equivalent to their proportion of the population, no more, no less. Many, like Romney, refused to serve in Vietnam.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,470,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Most every Mormon that I know is Pro-Life. Unless Dems change there stance I dont see many switching.
There are pro-life Democrats. Not a great number, could be more. I am one.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:59 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Wouldn't it be more productive to vote for a different candidate / party then just not voting Republican? If they really want to get rid of Trump, it would be far more effective to vote in Democrats candidates.
I don't know that I agree. there is no way I would vote for a democrat today.

some years ago, I was put in the situation of choosing between David Duke and Edwin Edwards. I voted for Edwards because that was the right thing to do. knowing that Edwards with both wildly wrong on politics and morally bankrupt but he was not as bad as Duke on moral issues as Duke is/was an open racist.

in a case like that I could vote for a democrat. but simply because of the politics of Trump? no not on your life. and beyond that todays demcrats aren't simply wrong on the prescription for what is wrong, they are wildly wrong about what is wrong in the first place.

in medical terms, the left thinks the leg has gangrene and wants to amputate the lower torso when the problem is a finger has a hangnail.

so........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies