Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 10:21 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Expand that confirmation to racists in general (of any race). Most people at the bottom of the social structure feel picked on and personally shafted by society so they look for someone else who isn't like them to blame for their failings/bad luck.
Thing is though, and this truly is the thing...

On so many levels, historically speaking for example, white people in America can't really blame racism on their state of affairs in general. Black people, on the other hand, certainly can make that case. So too can minorities in general, "protected classes," and now the LGBT community too. This is the big difference all too many conservative straight white folks can't seem to understand or accept, or maybe they just choose not too for the sake of their ongoing comfort along these lines. Nothing new about that too of course...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Eh. I am a Chinese American who prefers traditional Anglo American culture over all others. I prefer to live in a white majority area, and I am against forced diversity. I am against illegal aliens and allowing DACA's to stay in the US. I grew up in a liberal MA suburban town. I was college educated at an Ivy League university, currently married and very much employed. I am a homeowner.
So what do you have to do with the bottom of the barrel? Many of these White Supremists are NOT the anglo culture that you are used to...or thinking about. The Anglo culture you grew up in was influenced by the upper class of the UK.

The folks we are talking about here come largely from the Scots-Irish who settled in the Cumberlands and then onto Ohio and Detroit and many other places. Unlike your forebears, they didn't read and write nor did any of them have trades. Others were poor whites with no opportunity due to the Slave Economy of the South.

Please put this on your reading list if you haven't read it...and, if you haven't, you need to do a lot more reading about "anglo" history. I've been reading thousands of pages a month for 45+ years and hardly scratched the surface...
https://amzn.to/2MHIu0D

Note - this book was written by one of the people who lived there - and written well before any of this was "political" in the current sense. So you will get a true idea of the players...

Note - those of us in the upper-upper classes (you and I) obviously have a differing slant on things than the unemployed or low-wage slave in the mines or on a low-wage and body/mind destroying factory floor.

Let me guess, tho. You eat chicken and pork and vegetables which rely on immigrant labor. You may or may not have construction work or landscape work or other labor done by those who employ immigrant labor (remember, Mitt Romney had immigrants...illegal...mowing his lawn!)....

The perfect is always the enemy of the good. I believe in laws....and that's why Congress should do comprehensive immigration reform.

Oh, BTW, without "immigration reform" most Chinese couldn't come here until the 1960's. Which one do you believe in...the one we had during our "best years" that the Right wants to bring back (pre-1960) or the more current system which treats humans with dignity??

Let's take it a bit further.....which are you more in favor of:

1. The Chinese Exclusion act (up until 1943)
2. The Chinese limits on immigration as opposed to Anglos (up until 1965)
3. Or the more "liberal and open" borders policies of today?

I'm sincerely interested....sounds a bit like you approve of closing the door after you...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
here is one of your beloved pantifa 'allied forces' at work.

http://imgur.com/QZHlLsJ.gif
I rest my case...

Now it's "beloved" nonsense that I guess you feel needs to be thrown into the mix when mostly my comments suggest that ignorance is a primary problem. Why add more?

There are people who will become militant to fight fascism, racism and right-wing extremists, largely because they feel they are "fighting fire with fire." Unfortunately, the "eye-for-an-eye" mentality is also common when it comes to people at the front lines of these conflicts, but none of this is defense or justification for racism or fascism. It's all about violence, whether to prevent more of it or be a part of it, but that doesn't mean anyone who understands this dynamic is a supporter of violence. Right? I mean duh!

“If we don’t say, ‘Not here, not now,’ this violence will keep happening on our watch,” she said, addressing the crowd of counterprotesters. Young was among those who survived the car attack that killed Heyer and left nearly two dozen protesters injured last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-washington-dc

Tell you what though. I don't know what the star of your video was promoting, but if it was white supremacy, racism or fascism, a good bop on the head might be appropriate. Beats getting run over by a car anyway...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Anyone who judges another person by the color of their skin is an idiot. Anyone who excuses the behavior of a person because of the color of their skin is an idiot.

Anyone who takes advantage of a person because of the color of their skin is a Democrat.
I've got another cutie description of what makes for an idiot, but I prefer to keep the discussion mature, intelligent and civil as long as my patience will allow...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:44 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I've got another cutie description of what makes for an idiot, but I prefer to keep the discussion mature, intelligent and civil as long as my patience will allow...
Sorry the truth triggered you.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:45 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
What does the nickname “European Loyalist” tell you?

He’s not hiding anything.
Said person could try and use plausible deniability though. Yes, his username tells us all we need to know. However, said person might try to be covert in other ways.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:47 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A study by the University of Virginia confirms what most of us have known all along. White Supremacists are the dregs from the bottom of the barrel.

https://www.newsweek.com/charlottesv...-right-1067065

most TRASH..., white, black, or Hispanic are likely to be low-income (or no income), divorced, uneducated, and unemployed, and many are either in a gang or related to someone in a gang

Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Look at you defending white supremacists. These are the same posters that will cry that racism doesn’t exist or the numbers of white supremacists is inconsequential but then come on here to defend those pieces of crap. You show your hypocritical true colors on here everyday. And everyone can see thru you.
People who defend white supremacists often share the views of white supremacists. They do not want to admit it upfront. It's a matter of saving face.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sorry the truth triggered you.
Oh! Don't be sorry! I sometimes enjoy the playground antics, and if not that it's always good to be reminded I've wasted enough time in this forum...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
So wait -- all 26 of those angry White Nationalist protestors yesterday are probably unemployed, uneducated or both?!

I'm shocked LOL. Losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.