Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 11:59 AM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You should hope you don't find out the truth the hard way!
I grew up with them, and I still live among them.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:01 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This is an actual comment from Facebook yesterday:

"I'm not a racist or white supremacist, I just believe in a white ethno-state, you are the one infringing on my rights".

Discussions can be interesting with folks like these...
If someone whom I considered a friend posted something like that, said person and me wouldn't be friends anymore. Furthermore, it would be heartbreaking for me. It is sad to deal with. I've cut people out of my life because I found out they had views that, if not like that, were somewhat similar to that which you mention.

As for the quote, that is basically what a covert White supremacist tries to pull off. The idea of "I'm not racist I just feel threatened". I say this. If a person feels that the mere present of a non-White person is horrible and thinks of non-White people as inferior, said person is a bigot and a white supremacist, period. Said person believes in the tenets of white supremacy. If a person defends white supremacists, said person is basically a white supremacist without the membership card.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
You should hope you don't find out the truth the hard way!
What "truth" are you talking about?

Old 08-13-2018, 12:03 PM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
I would hope so. I'm white, my ancestors are white, and I love my Country. My Country is majority white by a large margin.

What's the problem?
There won't still be a white majority here in another 30 years. White people are going to have to find something else to be proud of besides their color.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:04 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ow_a_23456601/

And you believe him? That's like Bill Clinton pointing to a pretty girl and saying: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman... yet."

But you miss my point entirely. Yes Apartheid was reprehensible and just plain wrong... so was slavery and centuries of racism in America.

But the perpetrators were from a different generation and most are already dead. Meanwhile, the formerly subjugated peoples are still blaming the sins of the past for their current state of affairs and decide the progeny of the racist offenders must be punished.

Then they go ahead and do the same reprehensible and wrong things to those people.

Beating a white person to death because they were white in a black neighborhood is every bit as sick and evil as white people with pointy hats in the Jim Crow era South pulling a black person out of their bed and hanging them just because they were black.

You don't right the wrongs of the past by doing those same wrongs all over again in the present.
Again, I've really got to sign off now, but given a last comment or two before giving this a rest, I think you're the one missing the point...

I read your article and not only does it not support the other comment about what South African government is advocating in the way of killing white people, it does a pretty good job of explaining what Malema IS saying, and rightfully so! Mandela, though a pacifist, was barely able to avoid violence to overturn the Apartheid government without revolution, violence, and this too is what Malema is warning.

The problem doesn't simply stop because a new generation has replaced the one prior. The very serious problems of social and economic inequality remain and the process of promoting social justice is painfully slow. Not really a big deal for those still in power, still with the money, still in positions of privilege and with access to opportunity. For those who are still pretty well struggling just to eat for no real fault of their own, the patience to accept things as they are is very difficult. Unfortunately, this is what brings on the higher chances of violence, when still too many people are feeling subjugated, left behind, and not without good reason.

Fighting against those sorts of injustices is not going ahead and doing the "same reprehensible and wrong things to people" as you suggest, and confusing the two only makes the frustration and violence more likely!

Old 08-13-2018, 12:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I am totally against #3. Close the borders. America now has enough citizens, we don't need anymore of them. And I am more for #2.

Times change. There were a lot less people in the US a hundred years ago. And also, we now have way to much government handouts offered to the impoverished immigrants and illegals that arrive in the US.

And if an immigrant can't be bothered to learn English and only speak English in public and the workplace, then send them back. And that includes Asians too. This is America, and the English language is what binds us together as Americans.

Why can't we adopt the Canadian immigration laws and guidelines? Why can't we negotiate with them to take in some of the Central Americans trying to claim refugee status in the US?
This is your opinion and part of the discussion.

But many would not agree with parts of your outlook. Economics, for better or worse, shows that immigration is needed for "the economy" to prosper. Even specialized and more talented (per capita) countries like Germany rely on immigrants (even prior to the current refugee mess) to keep their workforce strong.

Now - we can debate the "original" question of whether growth is good or whether a consumer society is a good thing (both have vast negative effects on both societies and the environment/world).

But within the scope of what we call normal, immigration is needed...unless all of us US HERE want to breed more and have our children working in factory assembly lines. I'm going to hazard a guess that, if you have children, you don't want them standing on their feet putting chickens in boxes in a Perdue plant. Neither do I (and my children don't)....

But for that to happen, someone has to cut up the pork chops. Currently, that is 90% immigrants.

There are a LOT of policies I could get behind. Anything with common sense that takes into account the current realities...is better than what we are doing. Surely you understand that the "status quo" no matter how hardline the talk...means that Big (and small) Business is still profiting from illegal labor??

So doing nothing...IS doing something. It's being "for" lots of immigration.

You are certainly smart enough to know that Employer Verification Checks could send MILLIONS of workers headed back to Mexico and other countries. And, there is nothing stopping such laws...totally constitutional.

My thinking if that you haven't seen enough yet to be as cynical as you need to be...to understand the forces at work. One would think you'd see Trump signing emergency orders to import MORE workers as opposite to "the cause". Or, to know that the Construction and Real Estate businesses that he has been in his whole life rely on "non-English" speakers. Go down to SE Florida and hang around the construction sites for the big buildings...many with the Trump moniker. No Habla Ingles. Do you think he doesn't know? Do you think he doesn't know about this:
https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-09-...s-us-passports

So, where do Russians fit into your "loving Anglos" worldview? If they have lots of money, is that OK for them to come here? Same question with Jared and his hawking of condos to Chinese (in China) - telling them they can become Americans if they buy one of his condos....ironically, probably built with Mexican labor!

You will become more cynical as you understand more about why things don't get done here.....I promise!

Old 08-13-2018, 12:17 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Extremist white nationalism is bad, but otherwise I see no problems with anyone who prefers America to be a white majority/christian country. I like the way our country is run and show me a black or Hispanic majority country that actually functions at all, let alone functions better than this country.

And what I've seen in the news, there is no way that I would want to live in a black or Hispanic majority neighborhood or area. I don't support BLM or those supporting illegal aliens or DACA's. So why would I want to live in the middle of all of that?

So yes, I will continue living happily in white majority NH.
Extemist white nationalism is only a bit more extremely bad than white nationalism...

I fly my American flag on the 4th of July for lots of reasons including my appreciation for being born in America, but this has little to do with whether the country is majority white or Christian. Not sure what it is with people about this skin color thing, or religion for that matter, but we're all people regardless. Right?

My want is an America that is majority good people. Period.

I used to live in a state (Hawaii) where hoales (whites, non-native Hawaiians) are the minority, so I know what it's like to live and work in a place where most people don't look like me or even talk like me (for the four years I lived there). You know what? Never bothered me in the least! All us hoales enjoyed Hawaii plenty well enough regardless.

I've also done a fair amount of travel, and I have enjoyed the company of foreigners just like I do my mostly white American friends, overseas and here at home. You know what? I like the diversity! The different looking people, the different foods, cultures, languages, sounds and smells. When I walk around town, I don't think about what percent of people walking by me are also white. Why should I? The American with a turban on his head isn't bothering me or any white folks any. The Hispanic serving the tasty Mexican food at Pancho's is plenty friendly and helpful. The Indian woman who works at the linen store seems to have plenty of white women customers.

To be American isn't about being white or what holy book you choose to read. Thinking that is UNAMERICAN in fact. Certainly not how our Constitution is written anyway. Nothing about being white in the Constitution (never mind that about blacks getting only 3/5ths worth of a white vote).

Old 08-13-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Seems maybe you and people who think like you are the problem, but I'm really not sure I understand you...

I'm white. My ancestors are white, and I love my country, same as yours, same as you if not more.

What's the problem? Make for a good chuckle, but really?

Might it be you don't know what is meant by "white nationalism." Maybe you didn't bother to read the article?

For people who love America like me and my family do, getting rid of white nationalism is something like getting rid of the drug problem. A GOOD thing!

Defending, supporting or being indifferent about white nationalism a BAD thing.
My theory is this. Said person might know what white nationalism is about and wants it to happen. From what I gather, White nationalists/supremacists in this country would love to for an ethnostate where no non-White people are allowed. White nationalists/white supremacists feel that the only way Whites can win is if non-Whites lose. That is dangerous.

If we are all Americans here, we should not be giving into any racialized supremacy groups. As for myself, I'm Black and I do not support groups such as the New Black Panther Party. I'm not for that segregationist crap.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:29 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its interesting that they think they are superior human beings and have higher IQ's than minorities. How do they reconcile the fact that they are being outnumbered by inferior people? Perhaps they will have to consider that the thing that they value about themself is not helping them survive.
Build a wall........

Old 08-13-2018, 12:32 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
No surprise there. The same goes for the black panthers, radical moslems, Antifa thugs.
The uneducated label and likely the divorced part would fit, but when a billionaire funds you, you may not be low income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.