Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 11:06 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,867,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thing is though, and this truly is the thing...

On so many levels, historically speaking for example, white people in America can't really blame racism on their state of affairs in general. Black people, on the other hand, certainly can make that case. So too can minorities in general, "protected classes," and now the LGBT community too. This is the big difference all too many conservative straight white folks can't seem to understand or accept, or maybe they just choose not too for the sake of their ongoing comfort along these lines. Nothing new about that too of course...
Not yet anyway. Meanwhile in South Africa the government itself is calling for the killing and looting of white people for the crimes of the previous generation and there are lots of neighborhoods in the US that a white person can't walk through without literally being violently attacked just for being the wrong skin color.

Can't y'all see it's just a giant societal circle-jerk? Groups of humans have taken turns subjugating each other since we split from one tribe into two.

Pride too only perpetuates the cycle of racism; America's racism issues became so big because whites were proud to be white in the first place and flaunted around/forced their "superior" pasty bleached ways on everyone around them. How the hell can non-white Americans hope to combat the scourge of racism by promoting the same stupid ideas only with a different color tint?!

I can't rationalize why racism exists. We are all the same animal, nobody should care what color or sexual orientation everyone else is. I long for a world where people are defined by their character and skills and nobody gives two &@*!s what color their skin is or what gender they prefer to bang with.

We're all gonna get replaced by silicone life in a few decades anyway.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:07 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,953,583 times
https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/st...17474549288960

I don't know about that.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 13,726,356 times
Its interesting that they think they are superior human beings and have higher IQ's than minorities. How do they reconcile the fact that they are being outnumbered by inferior people? Perhaps they will have to consider that the thing that they value about themself is not helping them survive.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:11 AM

73,180 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
True, and also true is that lots of people don't realize how they let their leanings be known by which side of the argument they tend to take, or always take...

Something like considering the subject of spousal abuse and instead of simply flat out arguing that spousal abuse is ignorant and wrong, there are those more inclined to point out examples where she had it coming.

Too many idiots. So little time...
Some people may not realize how they let their leanings be known. In other cases, they know they are letting their views be known, but they try to make it look like it's not a bad thing. Either the use of plausible deniability or gaslighting.

This is the thing. We learn about the KKK in school. We learn about the Nazis in school. We are taught that the KKK and the Nazis are bad and we should regard them as horrible people. However, we have people who refuse to learn who continue to support the KKK and Neo-Nazis. And they will gaslight people like us for disagreeing with them. Why? Because they want those kinds of people in power.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:11 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,797,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i rest my case. you found a reason to justify clobbering someone upside the head with a bike lock.

the victim was praying at the time, so i hope that will make you doubly happy.
Please give it a rest already...

You can take a conversation about anything and turn it into your own personal twisted drama having little to do with the point of the conversation. Here we go from the subject of White Nationalists to whatever the idiot(s) in your video decide to do at any given moment.

Just to be clear for those who don't comprehend even the basics too well. I'm not an advocate of violence, but no doubt there are times when violence is justified, which gets us back to the Allied forces v Axis forces analogy, perhaps the ultimate fight against fascism.

This is in no way an argument that clobbering someone with a bike lock for praying is justified or anything but wrong.

Anyone else need have me waste time to address their special comprehension challenges?

Last edited by LearnMe; 08-13-2018 at 11:35 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 11:14 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,247,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Let's take it a bit further.....which are you more in favor of:

1. The Chinese Exclusion act (up until 1943)
2. The Chinese limits on immigration as opposed to Anglos (up until 1965)
3. Or the more "liberal and open" borders policies of today?

I'm sincerely interested....sounds a bit like you approve of closing the door after you...
I am totally against #3. Close the borders. America now has enough citizens, we don't need anymore of them. And I am more for #2.

Times change. There were a lot less people in the US a hundred years ago. And also, we now have way to much government handouts offered to the impoverished immigrants and illegals that arrive in the US.

And if an immigrant can't be bothered to learn English and only speak English in public and the workplace, then send them back. And that includes Asians too. This is America, and the English language is what binds us together as Americans.

Why can't we adopt the Canadian immigration laws and guidelines? Why can't we negotiate with them to take in some of the Central Americans trying to claim refugee status in the US?

And also, since you list the past immigration laws restricting Chinese immigration. I understand why they were created. And it doesn't bother me and I am not resentful of America for that part of history. America at the time, didn't want to be overwhelmed by Chinese immigrants. They wanted to keep their American identity of being white and speaking English.

I do study history and of what you have pointed out, IMO the reason the Chinese are doing so well in the US is that we are able to leave any negative past behind us and keep moving forward towards a better future. And I go by that saying... "living well is the best revenge". The Asians don't make the same mistake that blacks make in the US. We all think that it's extremely stupid of blacks to keep themselves crippled by their slave history. It's long past and the whites in the US today have very little ties to the slave owners of yesterday. For instance, I know a lot of Irish and Polish American white people. And they came over to the US after slavery ended. So why would they pay taxes towards reparations to the descendants of slaves? And the same goes for all of the white Jews who arrived after WWII. So most white Americans in the US today have no ties to the slave owners and think that blacks should stop whining about the wrongs done to them.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:15 AM

7,448 posts, read 2,845,642 times
Quote:
Please give it a rest already...

You can take a conversation about anything and turn it into your own personal twisted drama having little to do with the point of the conversation. Here we go from the subject of White Nationalists to whatever the idiot(s) in your video decide to do at any given moment.

Just to be clear for those who don't comprehend even the basics too well. I'm not an advocate of violence, but no doubt there are times when violence is justified, which gets us back to the Allied forces v Axis forces analogy, perhaps the ultimate fight against fascism.

This is in no way is an argument that clobbering someone with a bike lock for praying is justified or anything but wrong.

Anyone else need have me waste time to address their special comprehension challenges?
Not too sure you want to offer. On this forum that would be a full time job + overtime.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:18 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
That is strange -Others say I am white -Am not -others say I am a nationalist -I got a flag in the yard on 4th of July ?.. that Makes me a nationalist ?
The rest -I am the opposite
The only thing we agree on is the divorce
And most of those are filed by women- not men
That is something done to you not what you are

Old 08-13-2018, 11:19 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,797,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I would hope so. I'm white, my ancestors are white, and I love my Country. My Country is majority white by a large margin.

What's the problem?
Seems maybe you and people who think like you are the problem, but I'm really not sure I understand you...

I'm white. My ancestors are white, and I love my country, same as yours, same as you if not more.

What's the problem? Make for a good chuckle, but really?

Might it be you don't know what is meant by "white nationalism." Maybe you didn't bother to read the article?

For people who love America like me and my family do, getting rid of white nationalism is something like getting rid of the drug problem. A GOOD thing!

Defending, supporting or being indifferent about white nationalism a BAD thing.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:24 AM

19,766 posts, read 12,332,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some people may not realize how they let their leanings be known. In other cases, they know they are letting their views be known, but they try to make it look like it's not a bad thing. Either the use of plausible deniability or gaslighting.

This is the thing. We learn about the KKK in school. We learn about the Nazis in school. We are taught that the KKK and the Nazis are bad and we should regard them as horrible people. However, we have people who refuse to learn who continue to support the KKK and Neo-Nazis. And they will gaslight people like us for disagreeing with them. Why? Because they want those kinds of people in power.
I don't think there is much left of the KKK.

If what you mean is nationalism, this is something that is showing up more in the US and Europe because of effects of mass immigration and the powers have been turning a blind eye to the concerns of the people. No one with half a brain wants a dictator in power. Why not listen to the concerns of citizens (not just extremists) instead of shouting them down.

Disagreement is not gaslighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies