Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 11:31 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its interesting that they think they are superior human beings and have higher IQ's than minorities. How do they reconcile the fact that they are being outnumbered by inferior people? Perhaps they will have to consider that survival of "their" race is not based on the only things of value they have.
It isn't so much interesting as frightening. Remember, this is how Hitler got started. And look at the carnage he caused.

Now for your statement about said persons reconciling being outnumbered by so-called inferior people. That is just it right there. Those persons can't reconcile it. They feel that the existence of their race is threatened by the presence of non-Whites, especially those of Latin American, Middle East, and African origin. They are in fear. They know that White birth rates have been falling. However, falling birthrates can be solved: Simply have more children. However, rather than have more children, persons who are involved in white supremacy want this solution to take place: The "ethnic cleansing" of predominantly White nations of its non-White population. There are those who feel that murder is the way to go about it.

It is fitting that the uneducated, the unemployed, and the underclass types will join up with such groups. They point to being of a certain race as an accomplishment. Why? They have little else to be proud of. They also have a hate of those who aren't them.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:33 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Not yet anyway. Meanwhile in South Africa the government itself is calling for the killing and looting of white people for the crimes of the previous generation and there are lots of neighborhoods in the US that a white person can't walk through without literally being violently attacked just for being the wrong skin color.

Can't y'all see it's just a giant societal circle-jerk? Groups of humans have taken turns subjugating each other since we split from one tribe into two.

Pride too only perpetuates the cycle of racism; America's racism issues became so big because whites were proud to be white in the first place and flaunted around/forced their "superior" pasty bleached ways on everyone around them. How the hell can non-white Americans hope to combat the scourge of racism by promoting the same stupid ideas only with a different color tint?!

I can't rationalize why racism exists. We are all the same animal, nobody should care what color or sexual orientation everyone else is. I long for a world where people are defined by their character and skills and nobody gives two &@*!s what color their skin is or what gender they prefer to bang with.

We're all gonna get replaced by silicone life in a few decades anyway.
Oh stop it...

I was just in South Africa. After getting a good dose of what the British did to the black people in Africa, that whole long sad history of apartheid that defies the imagination, I was amazed at how friendly the local black people were to us white folks who were visiting all considered. Some of that history, pretty well told at the Apartheid Museum, featuring the story of Mandela who finally brought an end to that incredible history of injustice.

I follow the news pretty closely, and I'm not aware of any official South African government calling for the killing and looting of white people. There are cases of rogue thieves and violence of course, but I suspect there have been fewer whites killed in Africa as a result of what you claim than blacks killed in Chicago just this year.

Funny, don't you think? We are forever told that we can never forget the Holocaust and all related to that "crime against humanity." Accordingly, we have all manner of memorials and museums and reminders essentially to teach "never again." Yet, when it comes to the history of what white people have done to black people all over the world and in America too, rather than "never again," it's more like "what's the problem?"

Old 08-13-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't think there is much left of the KKK.

If what you mean is nationalism, this is something that is showing up more in the US and Europe because of effects of mass immigration and the powers have been turning a blind eye to the concerns of the people. No one with half a brain wants a dictator in power. Why not listen to the concerns of citizens (not just extremists) instead of shouting them down.

Disagreement is not gaslighting.
There is still some KKK left. However, I'm not just talking about the KKK alone. Neo-Nazis and other alt-right types are in it as well. White nationalism and white supremacy are basically the same thing. And this stuff has been around going back to the days of nativism.

I was not talking about the average citizen. I was talking about those who defend white supremacists. I was talking about those who gaslight others for seeing the KKK and Neo-Nazis as they are, terrible people. The extremists are who I am talking about.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:49 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Oh stop it...

I was just in South Africa. After getting a good dose of what the British did to the black people in Africa, that whole long sad history of apartheid that defies the imagination, I was amazed at how friendly the local black people were to us white folks who were visiting all considered. Some of that history, pretty well told at the Apartheid Museum, featuring the story of Mandela who finally brought an end to that incredible history of injustice.

I follow the news pretty closely, and I'm not aware of any official South African government calling for the killing and looting of white people. There are cases of rogue thieves and violence of course, but I suspect there have been fewer whites killed in Africa as a result of what you claim than blacks killed in Chicago just this year.

Funny, don't you think? We are forever told that we can never forget the Holocaust and all related to that "crime against humanity." Accordingly, we have all manner of memorials and museums and reminders essentially to teach "never again." Yet, when it comes to the history of what white people have done to black people all over the world and in America too, rather than "never again," it's more like "what's the problem?"
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/201...ow_a_23456601/

And you believe him? That's like Bill Clinton pointing to a pretty girl and saying: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman... yet."

But you miss my point entirely. Yes Apartheid was reprehensible and just plain wrong... so was slavery and centuries of racism in America.

But the perpetrators were from a different generation and most are already dead. Meanwhile, the formerly subjugated peoples are still blaming the sins of the past for their current state of affairs and decide the progeny of the racist offenders must be punished.

Then they go ahead and do the same reprehensible and wrong things to those people.

Beating a white person to death because they were white in a black neighborhood is every bit as sick and evil as white people with pointy hats in the Jim Crow era South pulling a black person out of their bed and hanging them just because they were black.

You don't right the wrongs of the past by doing those same wrongs all over again in the present.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:51 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Seems maybe you and people who think like you are the problem, but I'm really not sure I understand you...

I'm white. My ancestors are white, and I love my country, same as yours, same as you if not more.

What's the problem? Make for a good chuckle, but really?

Might it be you don't know what is meant by "white nationalism." Maybe you didn't bother to read the article?

For people who love America like me and my family do, getting rid of white nationalism is something like getting rid of the drug problem. A GOOD thing!

Defending, supporting or being indifferent about white nationalism a BAD thing.
Extremist white nationalism is bad, but otherwise I see no problems with anyone who prefers America to be a white majority/christian country. I like the way our country is run and show me a black or Hispanic majority country that actually functions at all, let alone functions better than this country.

And what I've seen in the news, there is no way that I would want to live in a black or Hispanic majority neighborhood or area. I don't support BLM or those supporting illegal aliens or DACA's. So why would I want to live in the middle of all of that?

So yes, I will continue living happily in white majority NH.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:51 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I am totally against #3. Close the borders. America now has enough citizens, we don't need anymore of them. And I am more for #2.

Times change...
You write you study history, but you don't seem to have learned much in the way of it's lessons...

Unfortunately, I think you make the common mistake of misunderstanding based on only your personal experience rather than the full picture AKA myopia. I don't have the time to get into all about what you write that needs "further consideration," but let's just say that immigration isn't about what this country "needs" in the way of more people.

When my parents immigrated to America like so many Americans before them, they left a country with serious dangerous political problems. Like most people looking for opportunity and a better life, where to raise a family in a relatively safe environment, they go where there is opportunity. Of course America made a name for itself as the "land of opportunity." Not just a world story or national story either of course. Even in the states we had migrations that met with similar friction and violence, like when the "Oakies" invaded California so they too could have a better life.

Anyway, when my parents immigrated to the U.S., my mother was the first to get a job, and she couldn't speak a word of English then. My father was bilingual, fluent in both English and Spanish, and it took him a little longer to find employment. Eventually they both did very well for themselves as U.S. citizens like so many immigrants before them, they and all their kids with successful careers who have contributed handsomely to the taxes the U.S. government hopes for from it's higher income citizens, to pay for all that Americans enjoy from those benefits, whether welfare or the U.S. military.

Point is, there is far "more to the story" than you and your opinion seem to take into account, having little to do with being Chinese or moving forward or what this country really needs.

That's about all I can add as now I really do need to sign off and get on with doing something worthwhile with my time...

Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't think there is much left of the KKK.

If what you mean is nationalism, this is something that is showing up more in the US and Europe because of effects of mass immigration and the powers have been turning a blind eye to the concerns of the people. No one with half a brain wants a dictator in power. Why not listen to the concerns of citizens (not just extremists) instead of shouting them down.

Disagreement is not gaslighting.
Let's talk USA.....

Has immigration vastly increased here lately...lately being the last 30 years?

I'm wondering what there is to disagree about????

The short and sweet I see in my adult lifetime is that many Mexicans and S and Central Americans have come here for work (this actually started 100 or more years ago in the Ag sector).....and much of it was addressed with Amnesty for Millions by Ronald Reagan.

Then, our businessmen decided they needed more people who would work harder and for less...so as the economy boomed due to construction and other things (1995-2005) we saw a marked increase in undocumented immigration....ONE WHICH WAS ENGINEERED AND APPROVED BY BUSINESS.....and "wink wink" by politicians who do the bidding of big business.

Then, when the recession hit...and up until now, there is a net loss of "undocumented" workers due the massive slowdown in the construction and other trades.

Of course, to that we have to add the violence and stuff...much of which was US financed and otherwise.....(Iran-Contra, Arms for Right Wing Deaths Squads in Central America, American love for Drugs, Panama, CIA, etc.).....

So, please, what has changed? What is there to disagree about? I find only things to agree on.....for example, that McCain and Bush and all the rest who tried to steer us toward actual Congressional Work (I know, a dirty word) should have been successful...except they were shut down by radicals (mostly GOP radicals, who say the good is the enemy of the perfect).....

The net result is the status quo - one can only assume the party in power likes it that way. Business does also.

Lastly, since the Pols successfully use this as wedge - when it's really not one (most sane people would support policies and LAWS, as opposed to the mob and tweets and Bannon)....it's win-win-win for them.

But as far as the vast majority of American citizens, I think they really want Congress to actually do things. Of course, many didn't when we had a Black POTUS, but that's water over the dam. Maybe the people are getting what they asked for?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I would hope so. I'm white, my ancestors are white, and I love my Country. My Country is majority white by a large margin.

What's the problem?
By being in favor of White nationalism, what you are saying is that you want all non-White people kicked out of America, or at the very least, you want Jim Crow back.

I'm Black and you do not see me promoting Black nationalism.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:56 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People who defend white supremacists often share the views of white supremacists. They do not want to admit it upfront. It's a matter of saving face.
This is an actual comment from Facebook yesterday:

"I'm not a racist or white supremacist, I just believe in a white ethno-state, you are the one infringing on my rights".

Discussions can be interesting with folks like these...

Old 08-13-2018, 11:58 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i rest my case. you found a reason to justify clobbering someone upside the head with a bike lock.

the victim was praying at the time, so i hope that will make you doubly happy.
Demonstrates the impact they have, huh...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.