Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 07:21 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times

Advertisements

THis is what happens when there is no more white guilt, which in the case of Koreans, is obviously not a thing. Violent behavior doesn't lead to getting a free latte grande.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:23 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
She shoved him, and then he punched her. She started the physical altercation and he finished it. Some people think they can physically assault some one else and have no repercussions. This seems to be happening more and more with women for some reason as there are numerous similar stories. Maybe it's because they think they can hit or shove a guy and just walk away with a smirk on their face. Hope she and her son both learned a lesson to keep their hands to themselves but I doubt it.

Let me help. In the adult world, acts of first aggression don't justify subsequent responses. The high road - try it, you'll like it.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:57 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well said, why on earth is this country accepting assault? Jesus. I’m starting to understand why my community has disproportionate incarceration and arrest rates. We assault everyone, almost impulsively.

Back in high school I pushed someone and was charged with simple assault. I learned very quickly it was never ok to ever put your hands on anyone.

But these are grown ass adults doing it, sad.
Who is accepting assault? Seriously, who feels it's ok. Not okay for any person no matter their age to strike another and if someone does strike out, I'm sure you should have the sense to not try escalate the situation, not unless the person is actually beating on you, but most people with good sensibilities would call the authorities to intervene, not do what either of these individuals did.

So anyone condoning any of the behaviors on either side has a screw loose. Really sorry the people in the communities you live are disproportionately incarcerated, maybe you might want to move. I've lived in areas that were highly populated by middle class black that little crime occured, seems your environment skewed your view of what the rest of the people are like outside your community. And btw way many in my family are conservatives and republicans and have more respect for their people than the few who sadly display self hate as I've seen a few do around here quite pathetic to witness. I guess some who have were socialized around a community of ghetto minded individuals can only see what they know and think it to be representative of all.. Get to know.

Someone who goes on a forum constantly putting down people of an ethnic group he supposedly has roots connected to, I'm sorry, I have to really wonder who did what to that person. I find so much I don't approve of that I see some black people doing, but, the people I most witness in real life do more positive I don't feel a need to spew hate on the damaged people just as I don't need to constantly focus on other groups who are out there doing things many seem to be clueless of their activities except when it comes to black people. I make it my business to associate with those who are doing positive things in their life, do. Some of you really need to find something positive to focus on; you all are spending way too much time finding fault with people nor you haven't any intention of trying to solve the issues that make the world hurt.

Maybe look into the Michael Steele and Someone else with the intelligence of Van Jones who can maybe give a clue.

For not, I think I've had enough of the political forum, people here are too wound up with hatefulness. Some of you probably need to go outside and smell some roses or something. Take a camping trip, go visit other areas of the world, do some volunteer work, do something outside of your head and really contribute to move the world to a better place for once in your lives.

Peace out.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:59 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
P.S. Question when I put you on ignore, there is a space necessary between the bus and man right? Or just busman?
It's two words. Thank you for saving me the trouble of doing it to you.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:56 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pretty sickening, no excuse for punching a woman like that in front of her son.

For sure there will soon be very vocal protests and possibly boycotts against asian owned salons across the country if this continues. These people are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of physically hostile behavior against customers.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/male...221119278.html
The thread title seems more worrysome than the news.

If the store owner, the kid and the mother,all three were either white or all three were blacks, you probably would’ve not posted this OP, let alone mentioning the races in the title.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:09 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Well, race is very much at the forefront of this country. Has been for a long time. The Left has made it even more so by blaming everything on either racism or sexism.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:30 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Let me help. In the adult world, acts of first aggression don't justify subsequent responses. The high road - try it, you'll like it.
In a Utopia you would be correct. But then the first act of aggression wouldn't have happened either.
In the real world aggressive behavior happens regardless of laws, or who is right or wrong. You lay your hands on another person in anger and you best plan on retaliation. That's why it's always a good idea not to put yourself in that position.
Reality can suck especially when someone is pretending to live in a Utopia, especially a 1 sided Utopia.
In our world. acts of aggression often result in subsequent responses and justified or not has not bearing on it.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:52 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Try it another 1500 times. Maybe you will eventually figure it out. The matter was settled before they left the shop. The 3 year old never got anything out of the building. So he was pursuing and harassing her.

And the authorities after looking into the situation charged only him.

You have trouble being wrong don't you.
Except you didnt tell me what I was wrong about. Did she get physical first or didnt she?

Old 08-17-2018, 05:01 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Why didnt she take the high road? Most people here are condemning both their actions but also pointing out it was her that took it to a physical level first so we shouldnt treat her like a victim. Whats so hard to understand about if you hit someone, dont be surprised if you get hit back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies