Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 02:08 AM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times

Advertisements

A handful of prominent liberal celebrities made some negative statements about certain black conservatives. OK. But that doesn't mean all liberals agree with those opinions. I don't hate conservatives of any color, not at all. Most of my family are conservative. Some of their views are hateful to me, I'll admit, but they are still wonderful people. They have their own reasons for being the way they are. And I still love them.

A person's political views are only part of their identity. I try to see the big picture and judge people by their actions, not their words. All this liberal-conservative warfare makes me very sad because Americans are fighting each other and demonizing the other side. These bitter feelings run almost as deep as they did right before the Civil War. A country that is divided against itself cannot stand, to paraphrase Lincoln. We need to find some common ground as Americans and stop sniping at each other, which accomplishes nothing.

Old 09-09-2018, 02:17 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I only know 2 black people really, I’ve worked with them for over 20 years. Both Republican Conservatives. They aren’t as rare as people think.
Well, there you have it. The expert has spoken.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Liberals: Their pure hatred of black conservatives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why do liberals hate ...
I notice, over and over again, that RWNJ's reference hate a lot. It seems to be projection, as if it is the only emotion they understand.

Carry on ...

Old 09-09-2018, 08:02 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I only know 2 black people really, I’ve worked with them for over 20 years. Both Republican Conservatives. They aren’t as rare as people think.
That may be 100 percent of the black people you know, but it's not 100% of the black people I know.

Your sample size is too small to derive any generalities.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
You can't be serious. The majority? I wouldn't go that far, but many absolutely do talk that way.
I lived in area that is mostly conservative all my life and I do not ever hear people talking about blacks the way you say conservatives do. So I'd appreciate if you'd take your divisive rhetoric elsewhere and it would be nice if you'd be more respectful to these people who are just trying to make their way in life without this kind of garbage.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I grew up in a conservative area and got called racial slurs alot. Just because you don't believe me doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can refuse to believe me all you want. I can refuse to believe anything you say as well. How does you not believe me refute anything I've said?
Yet you try to refute what I've experienced throughout my life. So basically your saying that only your experience counts and because I'm conservative that my experience means nothing.

Now I could tell you a thing about my experience talking with liberals, they're pretty condescending as if it were not for them you couldn't survive. They seem to have this thing about trying to fit in, or trying to prove something. You know... the fake types.

Last edited by petch751; 09-10-2018 at 10:21 PM..

Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yet you try to refute what I've experienced throughout my life. So basically your saying that only your experience counts and because I'm conservative that my experience means nothing.

Now I could tell you a thing about my experience taking with liberals and their thought pattern of blacks, as if it were not for them you couldn't survive. They seem to have this thing about trying to fit in, or to try to prove that they're great. You know... the fake type of people.

Hey, you want to point a finger and accuse one group that's on you. Me, I'm good.
Always telling when a Conservative thinks he can pat himelf on the back for seeing what millions of Blacks are too dumb to see for themselves. I bet the next step down this thought process involves arguing that maybe slavery wasn't so bad since those dumb Blacks refuse to think for themselves...

Old 09-10-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Always telling when a Conservative thinks he can pat himelf on the back for seeing what millions of Blacks are too dumb to see for themselves. I bet the next step down this thought process involves arguing that maybe slavery wasn't so bad since those dumb Blacks refuse to think for themselves...
wow, you're ridiculous.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:00 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, you're ridiculous.
You can do better than that. Explain to us how the 90% of Black voters whose vote you disagree with are blind to the facts that you see so clearly. All those millions of people being wrong about a basic fact must say something about that group as a whole, right?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:26 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Well, there you have it. The expert has spoken.
Did I say that? I said I only know two black people really. Just being honest. Both former military with no time for the BS welfare state the Democrats push on their people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies