Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the police act appropriately?
Yes 23 20.54%
No 89 79.46%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 06:34 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
A more appropriate headline would be "Armed Female is Tasered by Police after Refusing Several Verbal and Visual Demands to Drop her Knife."

She would have learned a few English words in 20 years, including "drop" and "knife". The cop repeatedly mimicked his command by tossing his own knife on the ground, yet she still didn't understand? I'm not buying any of it.

She might even have learned the words "Dandelion salad" to explain her knife and actions to the police. The cops didn't know what she was doing with that knife.. and she couldn't tell them... and she refused to drop it.

This is a BS fable created by and fed to the anti-police crowd.
They did. The caller told them the old lady was looking for plants and was not threatening anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 06:36 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
A more appropriate headline would be "Armed Female is Tasered by Police after Refusing Several Verbal and Visual Demands to Drop her Knife."

She would have learned a few English words in 20 years, including "drop" and "knife". The cop repeatedly mimicked his command by tossing his own knife on the ground, yet she still didn't understand? I'm not buying any of it.

She might even have learned the words "Dandelion salad" to explain her knife and actions to the police. The cops didn't know what she was doing with that knife.. and she couldn't tell them... and she refused to drop it. ZAPPPP! The cops had no choice. Tackling her would have broken bones at her age.

This is a BS fable created by and fed to the anti-police crowd.
In other words, frightened cop fights off ham sandwich

Old 08-17-2018, 06:36 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,479,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They did. The caller told them the old lady was looking for plants and was not threatening anyone.

BS! The police wouldn't have been called or responded if there was no threat or chance of threat.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:38 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,479,600 times
Maybe all you anti-police people should join the police force. Lay down your own weapons when faced with an armed citizen no matter the age. Show the world how big and brave you are. Show us all how to be the perfect cops.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:39 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
BS! The police wouldn't have been called or responded if there was no threat or chance of threat.
Only if you ignore the thousands (probably millions) of cases of cops shooting, clubbing, macing, tazing, kidnapping folks that weren't bothering/threatening anyone.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:40 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
Quote:

Quote:
The caller told the dispatcher that the elderly woman did not threaten anyone with the knife. "She's old so she can’t get around too well...," the caller said, according to the 911 call, which has been made public. "Looks like she’s walking around looking for something, like, vegetation to cut down or something."

Old 08-17-2018, 07:14 AM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
People named "al-Bishara" should not be living in Georgia
I hope that's sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Lots of 87-year-olds have something wrong with their minds. It's our job to look out for them, and hope that someone does the same for us when we're 87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Or...

4 people read the article
32 people just read the headline
Please refer to the sentences in the article (which you likely did not read) which indicate the woman was enough of a threat to be shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Learn English.

Problem solved.
Learn common sense.

Problem solved.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:16 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
(I have pictures I took if need be).

I was in a shopping plaza yesterday where there is a Plasma donation center. I was with my son (who says it's easy money). He texts me that there was a guy inside going nuts. Yelling "Help me, help me". An ambulance was there when we got there. I guess the guy punched one of the EMS guys.

Anyway, the police show up. The officer quickly determined this was a person having a mental health issue. He did not go into defensive mode taking the guy down (though this officer was a big lad and could have easily). He talked to him calmly and asked him to come outside. The guy did.......he paced around while the officer talked him down. In a few the officer asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital where the guy walked back and and laid down on the transport gurney.

It's really not that difficult for a police officer to do the right thing and most times they do. When they do not, and they did not here we need to not brush it off. She was no threat.
Excellent story. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
A more honest title would read "cops tase non-compliant woman who was approaching with a knife".

Her age and the dandelions are irrelevant details which were obviously used to invoke sympathy.
I guess everyone should just OBEY and COMPLY, whether they are suspected of a crime or not...right? LOL

Thats pretty pathetic they felt that threatened by such an old lady with a knife.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:21 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You must have by-passed the common-sense station on I-85 as well.
Since I don't take I-85 to Atlanta, I wouldn't know what's on it.

Most Georgians I know, including my relatives, already have plenty of common sense and compassion, and don't need to acquire either at a roadside stand. They are gracious and welcoming people who don't condemn others because of their ethnicity or other traits and characteristics not of those others' own choosing.

Those who DO condemn others because of these things are called "bigots".

Glad my family and friends don't qualify for that term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies