Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:48 PM

17,710 posts, read 13,525,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Have you ever been in a bathroom stall and needed to throw away a used tampon or pad, but realized there was nowhere to put it?

I have ― almost every single day that I have my period. Why? Because I use the men’s bathroom.

I am a nonbinary trans menstruator ― someone with a uterus that bleeds monthly, but who identifies outside of the fixed categories of male and female. Because of that, I have to navigate the challenges of getting my period every month in a world that refuses to acknowledge that not everyone who gets their period is a woman, and not every woman gets their period.
If that's the way you roll, just carry ziplock bags, or just use the ladies' room. Don't ***** about it

I'm sorry, I just must be old.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:59 PM

8,815 posts, read 10,287,735 times
Can't say I know anyone who identifies as a nonbinary trans menstruator.

But I do use mens restrooms and every mens restroom I've ever been in has a trash bin. Maybe this person could you know, use the trash bin?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:02 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,792,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
If that's the way you roll, just carry ziplock bags, or just use the ladies' room. Don't ***** about it

When it comes to trans issues, anybody whose worldview was fully formed before 2015 is "old."

Old 08-20-2018, 10:14 PM

21,522 posts, read 10,648,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

I know. Remember when people didn’t tell the world about stuff like periods and who they slept with and no one cared? I miss those days.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,959,103 times
to those claiming the OP is a woman, because only women menstruate, you are all wrong on this. it sounds to me like the OP was born an hermaphrodite, meaning they have BOTH male AND female genitals. usually the choice is made for the child when they are very young by the parents, but in many cases, the parents leave it to the child to make up their mind when they are ready.

people, try reading up on hermaphrodites and educate yourself. i realize it is confusing in this day in age when idiots who are one sex or the other decide to identify with the opposite sex, but hermaphrodites dont get that luxury.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:29 PM

21,522 posts, read 10,648,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
to those claiming the OP is a woman, because only women menstruate, you are all wrong on this. it sounds to me like the OP was born an hermaphrodite, meaning they have BOTH male AND female genitals. usually the choice is made for the child when they are very young by the parents, but in many cases, the parents leave it to the child to make up their mind when they are ready.

people, try reading up on hermaphrodites and educate yourself. i realize it is confusing in this day in age when idiots who are one sex or the other decide to identify with the opposite sex, but hermaphrodites dont get that luxury.
That’s not what it sounded like to me. Here is the direct quote:
I am a nonbinary trans menstruator ― someone with a uterus that bleeds monthly, but who identifies outside of the fixed categories of male and female. Because of that, I have to navigate the challenges of getting my period every month in a world that refuses to acknowledge that not everyone who gets their period is a woman, and not every woman gets their period.
He said indentifies outside of the fixed categories of male and female. I’m still trying to figure out what other category there is, but I didn’t get any sense that he was a hermaphrodite.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:44 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,792,619 times
I see no evidence that this person is a hermaphrodite. She's a biological female with gender dysphoria who is coping quite well thank you, carving out a niche as a menstruation activist, posting pictures of herself manspreading on a park bench with a bloody crotch. Hooray for 2018!

Old 08-21-2018, 03:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 26,293,781 times
Ought to be smart enough, male or female, to know you don't wear white pants when you have your period

Old 08-21-2018, 04:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 12,686,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s not what it sounded like to me. Here is the direct quote:
He said indentifies outside of the fixed categories of male and female. I’m still trying to figure out what other category there is, but I didn’t get any sense that he was a hermaphrodite.
If you have Showtime, you might give the series 'Billions' a look:

https://nylon.com/articles/first-non...a-kate-dillion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Kate_Dillon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billio...Recurring_cast

Old 08-21-2018, 05:11 AM

4,081 posts, read 2,170,329 times
Great--since she's nonbinary, she can use the women's restroom when she has her period and the men's when she doesn't, thus experiencing the best of both worlds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies