Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 05:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If they had used the government's e-verify they would had caught the guy

They chose to use another 'outdated' system.
They didn't use anything. Let's just cut right to it. Everyone knows that certain industries use a lot of illegal help and everyone knows lies are used to justify it.

Quote:
That's not e-verify as established by the federal govt.

That's called twisting the truth to fit the narrative.
No, it's called lying and the odds are absolutely nothing will be done to address it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not necessarily. Read the CBS News article I posted. 54% of illegal aliens pass e-verify when vetted. Mostly because they're using forged/stolen ID and SS#s, just like Rivera did.
In this case they DID NOT USE e-verify.

That whole discussion is irrelevant.

They are lying to us and we are allowing them to.

And if the more than 50 percent stat is true --then why doesn't Mr. Fix It President who is so concerned about the border -- FIX IT.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:21 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,361,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are a lot of Americans earning a living under the table.
And?

But, Mommy, all the other kids are doing it!"

Are you saying just became some other people do it we should NOT go after illegals?

Millions of people speed every day. Should we abolish all speeding laws.

A very POOR attempt to deflect from the issue at hand.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And?

Are you saying just became some other people do it we should NOT go after illegals?

Millions of people speed every day. Should we abolish all speeding laws.

A very POOR attempt to deflect from the issue at hand.
Nobody is supporting letting illegals get away with stuff.

Yes improve policies and procedures and FOLLOW THE EXISTING laws to enforce immigration.

We don't need a wall. A wall will do no good if e-verify doesn't work or isn't used.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
And?
It was a simple reply to another point. And? I don't care.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:24 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
In this case they DID NOT USE e-verify.

That whole discussion is irrelevant.
No, it is not irrelevant that 54% of illegal aliens pass e-verify when vetted. E-verify doesn't work, mostly because illegals use forged/stolen ID.
Quote:
And if the more than 50 percent stat is true --then why doesn't Mr. Fix It President who is so concerned about the border -- FIX IT.
Dems "resist" everything POTUS wants to do. It's on them.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Nobody is supporting letting illegals get away with stuff.
Yes they are. The government does and is and most likely will continue to as the government is not interested in the wrath of Wall Street if they would actually address the issue.

Quote:
Yes improve policies and procedures and FOLLOW THE EXISTING laws to enforce immigration.

We don't need a wall. A wall will do no good if e-verify doesn't work or isn't used.
Politics and wall street profits are the only thing that matters, not people or the truth.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:30 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,361,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nearly every single one of us would jump at the opportunity to provide a better life for our families if provided the opportunity. It's why people came to this country to start with.
And the sky is blue. So what?

I DON'T blame the peopl for WANTING to come here. I blame the politicians state, city fed, etc. for ALLOWING them to get here and and STAY here.

It is funny to see so many of the same people complain about our country, claim is is NOT GREAT, (fill in the country name) does this and that,why don't we, burn the flag, disrespect the flag etc, then brag that our country is SO GREAT millions of people want to come here!

Old 08-23-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:

I DON'T blame the peopl for WANTING to come here. I blame the politicians state, city fed, etc. for ALLOWING them to get here and and STAY here.
Seems to me that you are wanting to do that and are doing that in a very partisan way.

Quote:
It is funny to see so many of the same people complain about our country, claim is is NOT GREAT, (fill in the country name) does this and that,why don't we, burn the flag, disrespect the flag etc, then brag that our country is SO GREAT millions of people want to come here!
I'm not interested in vague rants.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Federal, state, local governments,but also businesses and consumers - people like us -- created this climate where illegal resident thought it was okay to come here.

I do think we have to secure the borders, make it clear undocumented workers are not welcome.

Let's start by admitting , farmers in particular, don't really care if they are illegal or not....that they want cheap labor.

This farm belonging to the family of a Republican politician chose not to really e-verify. They are complicit in this.

And Trump and his administration are refusing to face that issue.

How much you want to bet that farm has a surge of e-verify applications in the next little while...hmmmmm

The family of the victim should sue the farm and the federal govt. for not demanding e-veerify.

That would get the point across -- better than a wall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies