Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 05:37 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,394,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
100% intentional. Every leftist does it on purpose to blur the lines and normalize their illegal actions. Remember the ultimate end game for the left is to import new voters. Rule of law means nothing to them.
Conservatives have been highly tolerant of illegal immigration as well. They make money off of it...they often run the companies and farms that benefit or receive campaign donations from those that do. For what it is worth Obama actually stepped up enforcement. But to argue that the way that the Trump administration has handled things as being humane, or to argue that we should uproot and boot millions of hardworking people that we in so many ways encouraged to come here and who have led law abiding lives here for, in many cases, decades, and boot them, many of whom have spent their wholes lives here, and to paint them all with the same broad brush as a psychopathic killer...I could never get behind those things...and I am very proud of that.
Now, tighter enforcement of future immigration coupled with a more reasonable immigration process...that is a different story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 05:37 AM

59,328 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
How many people were killed last week by NON illegals or citizens?

Extreme reaction over one extreme case.
"Extreme reaction over one extreme case"

What you are IGNORING, on purpose IMO, is this is NOT just 1 CASE and the reaction is NOT extreme ENOUGH!

I wonder how YOU would be saying id this was YOUR child?

The left media has said little about it.

One woman on a left TV news shows said,"this woman" in a very derogatory way when talkng about it.

It is ironic how many times the dem politician say, " we need to pass this law if it saves ONLY ONE LIFE"

Old 08-23-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The reason he was here was because someone would employ him. Someone that is now trying every excuse he can come up with to try and cover for the fact that he hires those here illegally to work for low wages.

Those doing this hiring are not simply "Democrats" or "Liberals" but everyone and the fact is No One is addressing the actual problem. The employers. We won't do that because we will not risk upsetting Wall Street.

I doubt it but maybe something like this is cause people to stop accepting the constant lies surrounding the problem. Lies that are also coming from the current administration.
How many corporate CEOs have been locked up for flouting our immigration laws? We all disagree on a lot of things on this board, and have a pretty poor record of being civil and understanding toward one another, but I bet we can all agree on what the answer to that question most likely is.
Televised images of a few major corporation CEOs being led out of their board meetings in handcuffs would work wonders.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Never heard of a cash job ? or working off the books ? Plenty of employers like those employees because they pay no SS tax or benefits. Also many use SS#s from relatives and do they buy things ? If they do they pay tax. If they own property or cars they pay tax.

The law they broke coming here was lightly (or not at all) enforced from the 1980s through mid 2000s. In fact many whole classes were given Temporary Protected Status which was only recently expired. Immigration is such a divisive issue that Congress has sat on their respective duffs for decades rather that fix the border AND status issues. It makes no sense for anyone in the USA to kick out people who have been working and/or law abiding for years - especially given this is a country of immigrants. In other news illegals commit crimes just like legals...
"It makes no sense for anyone in the USA to kick out people who have been working and/or law abiding for years"

B.S. There is NO Statute of Limitations for being an illegal alien for a REASON.

" Also many use SS#s from relatives", and you think that is OK?

"If they do they pay tax. If they own property or cars they pay tax" Which is FRAUD AND ILLEGAL.

You just PROVED I wa right when I said "they commit crimes EVERY DAY they are here"

So to say it is minor is flat out WRONG.

With people like you wanting to protect them, it is no wonder why we are in the situation we are!

Old 08-23-2018, 05:45 AM

89,293 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Again, I'm going to remind everyone that a study commissioned by Homeland Security confirmed that 54% of illegal aliens are able to pass e-verify when vetted, mostly because they're using forged/stolen IDs and SS#s.

Ironically, the IRS knows who many of these illegals are and where they live given their W-2 and 1040 filing info. Just use that data base to round them up and deport them. Problem solved.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,775,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There is a difference between simple or even stupid mistakes and purposefully misleading reporting. MSNBC purposely distorts and misleads.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Extreme reaction over one extreme case"

What you are IGNORING, on purpose IMO, is this is NOT just 1 CASE and the reaction is NOT extreme ENOUGH!

I wonder how YOU would be saying id this was YOUR child?

The left media has said little about it.

One woman on a left TV news shows said,"this woman" in a very derogatory way when talkng about it.

It is ironic how many times the dem politician say, " we need to pass this law if it saves ONLY ONE LIFE"
The woman's family has been critical of those on the right using her murder to paint all illegal aliens with the same brush as their loved one's murderer and of those on the right trying to make political hay out of it.
If it were my child why would I want millions of innocent people to be stereotyped based on the psychopath who killed my child?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why would they bother, it doesn't affect the upcoming election or what might happen to Trump? That is all they care about, while many of us are heart broken about the Mollie story and to think the AH is an illegal. Just like, I bet MSNBC didn't understand ICE getting involved in the case of the guy in Ca that was arrested the other while taking his wife to the hospital. They probably were more concerned about the poor guy and his illegal wife. Every other network covered the Mollie story or at least all the networks I watched yesterday.

"]why would they bother, it doesn't affect the upcoming election or what might happen to Trump?"

Actually it COULD.

With more and more liberal states issuing driver's licenses, it is NOT inconceivable for illegals to VOTE.

In FACT , some states ARE ALLOWING illegals to vote in local elections already.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:51 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,775,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
She didn't. Watch the video.
I did watch the video. She made a semi-sincere condolence to a family that has not broken any laws but that has been permanently separated from their daughter and then launched into the "real problem" being illegal aliens who have broken the law being temporarily separated from their children. She has plenty of opportunities to make her case for open borders, but don't do it in the same breath as offering condolences to a family whose daughter was just murdered by an illegal alien.

The net effect of what Warren said was that the murder of that young women is secondary to the interests of illegal aliens.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Why is illegal immigrant even capitalized on the thread title? What's that even have to do with this? So 1 person who was here on a government's E-Verify system is the voice of all so called illegal immigrants? Generalizing much? Border patrol is one of the least concerns this country should have right now with all the other political mishaps at the higher levels.

Sadly, I wasted my time by going over to Fox News last night & their homepage was plastered with Rivera's face just fueling the hatred their viewers have. Ugliness

"So 1 person who was here on a government's E-Verify system is the voice of all so called illegal immigrants?"

The fact that you even typed this shoes how LITTLE you REALLY now about the issue.

You must get your "news" ONLY from the alphabet TV stations!

"Ignorance is bliss", as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies