Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 08:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"The poll revealed that 59 percent of registered voters approve of Mueller’s investigation, marking an 11-point jump from respondents who said the same in a July Fox News poll." -- The Hill

https://twitter.com/foxnewspoll/stat...02035805700097

I guess Trump's constant whining about "witch hunts" isn't helping.
Why does an un-elected partisan sniper have an "approval rating" in a democracy? You'd think he was elected or something. This dynamic is poison for our democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 08:26 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Why does an un-elected partisan sniper have an "approval rating" in a democracy? You'd think he was elected or something. This dynamic is poison for our democracy.
I think you spell poison for our democracy as T-R-U-M-P.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:33 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Was disappointed to see the July number at under 50%. I'm glad the majority of Americans are finally getting a clue and being more supportive of Robert Mueller. He is an admirable, dedicated and ethical person who has had an impressive career.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think you spell poison for our democracy as T-R-U-M-P.
No, Trump was elected.

His position as POTUS is the definition of democracy. Your view that an elected President is "poison" for democracy is virulently antidemocratic.

However, giving an un-elected partisan sniper, Mueller, an "approval rating", which is meant to imply an increase in justified political power in the minds of voters who see the rating, is dangerously antidemocratic.

Your post is content free and close to trolling.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
No, Trump was elected.

His position as POTUS is the definition of democracy. Your view that an elected President is "poison" for democracy is virulently antidemocratic.

However, giving an un-elected partisan sniper, Mueller, an "approval rating", which is meant to imply an increase in justified political power in the minds of voters who see the rating, is dangerously antidemocratic.

This president is most definitely poison for our democracy. And don't even get me started on what I think he has done to our democracy.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
This president is most definitely poison for our democracy.
Still waiting for you to post anything with actual content and not simple unsupported assertions that are equivalent to trolling the thread. Start with countering my rebuttal. Betcha can't.

Quote:
And don't even get me started on what I think he has done to our democracy
Please start telling me. It'll be the first thing that you've said that has any content whatsoever.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:59 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
No, Trump was elected.

The guy who lost the popular vote. In a straight up in democracy would that happen?

Partisan? He's a republican and a conservative with an impeccable character.

You see conspiracies where there aren't any.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Still waiting for you to post anything with actual content and not simple unsupported assertions that are equivalent to trolling the thread. Start with countering my rebuttal. Betcha can't.

Please start telling me. It'll be the first thing that you've said that has any content whatsoever.
Here's a start:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f8830a4b0a50

Hope that's enough "content" for ya.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
The guy who lost the popular vote. In a straight up in democracy would that happen?
Sorry, that's not the country that we live in. Thus you have an invalid point. If you want to be an American, then a representational democracy is the system that you are obligated to. Is for very good reasons that still apply today. And its what we have. Period.

Quote:
Partisan? He's a republican and a conservative with an impeccable character.
ROFL. He let two innocent men die in jail in Massachusetts. His "impeccable" Dudley Do-Right framing by liberals is a politically interested and fantastical (false) caricature.

Moreover, sorry, we aren't playing the "lets forget the past two years" game and ignoring when so called Republicans were apoplectically against Trump in the election season. Mueller is surrounded by democrats and is an anti-Trump establishment Neocon like the rest of the people around him. Ply your disegenuous perspectives somewhere else. There is nothing "conservative" about the Neocons that have their roots in the Leninist New York Intellectuals group.

Quote:
You see conspiracies where there aren't any.
Are you sure that you are up for this conversation? Because in addition to not knowing what type of democracy that we have, and falsely believing in some Mueller ethical fairy now, you're introducing concepts that don't apply to the conversation.

No one is touching on any conspiracies, genius. What the conversation was about was the appropriateness of assigning an approval rating to an un-elected partisan appointee.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Here's a start:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f8830a4b0a50

Hope that's enough "content" for ya.
Yeah, its not. You still haven't typed a single thing and I'm not clicking on your zero explanation Washington Post link, assuming that it isn't behind a paywall. You are an ultra lazy forum participant, in my observation. Explain your own perspectives or don't pretend like you are participating and are making any points whatsoever that qualify as more than trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies