Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 02:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
MERRICK GARLAND.

That is all.
So that's reason to destroy a man's life? Wow. That's callous in the extreme.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:02 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You are WRONG and we have the proof of that.

Clarence Thomas was accused the same way - by the same people. Those same people are now working "pro bono" for Blasey-Ford. There was an FBI Report -- it cleared Justice Thomas and YET ......

All these years later -- they STILL say he was Guilty, they still say he is "tainted".
The dirt they smear and the Harm they do is never erased.

The Leftists are Evil Scum and those that support them in their Dirty Deeds are just as Guilty of the destruction of Real People's Lives and Families.
The bolded = exactly what I was thinking when I read that post from BCD.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:03 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
At the time I never did cocaine either, but this was a great song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU
Well, right on. I sang along with the radio like I knew what it was all about too.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Can't imagine what he's like when he's really drunk after that loud display on Thursday.

That was loud and obnoxious.

No sir, YOU are here to answer the questions.
Besides using words like boofing, Devils Triangle and FFFFourth of July, the guy is a jerk. When asked about his drinking, he got all defensive and asked the questioner about their drinking. He's the subject of the hearing but he's obviously an immature child.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:04 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
I have known a lot of people who black out when they drink too much. It’s a very real possibility that he doesn’t remember. Still no excuse though, he should of come clean about his past behavior. He needs to be honest with the American people.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:05 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So because she works for a Soros-funded organization, that means she couldn’t have been raped? How do you figure? Are you saying that only conservative women should be believed when they say they’ve been raped? Or what?
Well at least Ford isn't claiming to have been raped, by anyone ever. Let's please keep this in mind. She's claiming that a drunk guy groped her thru her clothes at a party where she had also been drinking. Then - well, she left and nothing else happened.

Seems like much ado about nothing to me but apparently she needed to be MEDICALLY TREATED after this trauma - and she also needed years - YEARS of counseling - and two front doors. OMG. Please.

She may have been sexually assaulted - many times over the years for all we know. She sure acts like someone with a lot of unresolved issues.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I have known a lot of people who black out when they drink too much. It’s a very real possibility that he doesn’t remember. Still no excuse though, he should of come clean about his past behavior. He needs to be honest with the American people.
So you think he hasn't? You think Ford was honest with the American people? I personally think he was honest.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So that's reason to destroy a man's life? Wow. That's callous in the extreme.
If the man's life is destroyed, it was because of his own words and actions. He chose the words and we've seen how obnoxious he behaves, not only when being questioned, but by the way he dismissed the father of a Parkland shooting survivor.

This man is obnoxious to the extreme. There is nothing about his behavior and history that says Supreme Court Justice.

And yes, Merrick Garland will be used as a hair shirt on Republicans forever. He did nothing to deserve the way Republicans treated him and Orrin Hatch is the one that said he would be a great candidate. Obama took Orrin Hatch at his word and Hatch stabbed his friend Merrick Garland in the back.

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Of course I am looking to pull apart Ford's testimony! Everyone should in order to get at the truth. Especially since she has no actual evidence to back her claim.
I have been listening to so many comments from lawyers...basically, since she has talked about this since '02...
plus other things...they all believe her.
Being choked up and emotional didn't convince me, btw....it was the therapy notes 2012, the telling the hubby in '02, the 2 front doors....personally I think her therapist did not do a very good job!
She should have had EMDR to rid her of her PTSD, already!
I get that she was only 15 and the hand over your mouth so you couldn't breathe well is huge,
plus, the laughing was brutal to the psyche.

But, could we bring in some Christian forgiveness and perspective!
Or just 'human', atheist perspective and forgiveness?
Should she have continued with this? He was a stupid 17 year old...contact him personally...get an apology...gee, whiz.

Her therapist should have suggested that. ( I know a lot about therapists, btw.)

I feel the same about Al Franken...'Yeah, let's ruin everyone for life for one mistake'.
The punishment does not fit the crime.

I still don't want him as SC Judge ...don't get me wrong. But, this public spectacle is terrible for everyone!!!

23,611 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Great, so you think rbg should step down then, yes? She was "not 100% sober" while in her robe during the SOTU address...

Any other answer than, "yes" shows you are a hypocrite....
RBG is often found passed out it seems. She even admits, now, she loves to drink. According the left, if a person drinks then they suffer with blackouts. A person cannot help but wonder how often had she ruled on something while she was blacked out. No telling how long she must have suffered with this drinking problem and blackouts, so all over her past rulings should be suspect. She is not fit to be on the SC, and never was. She MUST either step down or be impeached .. surely those on the left will agree..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies