Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 10:14 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Issue her a subpoena and grill her. If she is not coming, issue a warrant and bring her handcuffed. This circus must end.

At the same time, issue a subpoena to Mark Judge to appear at exactly the same time, on the same day.

Just to be fair, issue one for Kavanaugh, too, to appear at the same time on the same day.

I wonder how many times it has to be stated: The FBI will not (and quite possibly CAN NOT, due to jurisdictional issues) investigate the incident, given the lack of evidence. Ford and her lawyers (they should know better, even if she doesn't) are making a blatant "smoke and mirrors" attempt to side-track her testimony before the committee. It makes me wonder who is coaching Ford from the sidelines. It appears to me somebody is, and they are, to quote an old aphorism, "Dumber'n a box of rocks".

Old 09-21-2018, 10:18 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
No, which only strengthens my point.

If the FBI would be allowed to investigate, they WOULD question Mark Judge under oath to get his version of what happened that day.

Regardless of whether or not GOP senators on the committee, President Trump, or City-Data Trump supporters want Mark Judge to testify or not....the FBI is unbiased and they would ask Mark Judge all the questions they have to in order to find out his view of what happened.

it is quite obvious that Trump, the GOP-led senate committee, and City-Data Trump supporters DO NOT want Mark Judge's story under oath heard, so they will fight tooth and nail to prevent an FBI investigation.

As posted above: Mark Judge was interviewed under oath by the Senate Judiary Committee investigators and gave testimony about all of these topics.

He is already on the record, under oath. There's no reason for him to be personally involved in this circus and have HIS life and reputation destroyed as well.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:18 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
No, which only strengthens my point.

If the FBI would be allowed to investigate, they WOULD question Mark Judge under oath to get his version of what happened that day.

Regardless of whether or not GOP senators on the committee, President Trump, or City-Data Trump supporters want Mark Judge to testify or not....the FBI is unbiased and they would ask Mark Judge all the questions they have to in order to find out his view of what happened.

it is quite obvious that Trump, the GOP-led senate committee, and City-Data Trump supporters DO NOT want Mark Judge's story under oath heard, so they will fight tooth and nail to prevent an FBI investigation.

Mark Jusge already testified under oath

Old 09-21-2018, 10:20 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This isn't and shouldn't be a popularity contest with baseless allegations being the deciding factor.
This is politics. It isn't rational. The whole idea that# metoo would pass, and has been ridiculed as of late, and now this. And now more ridicule. It is getting some hackles up, a little reminder of where we still are. That translates to some female anger votes for dems in November. It goes far beyond Kavanaugh and Ford.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:20 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Issue a subpoena for Mark Judge. He has been named a witness to the assault, but the GOP doesn't want to hear from him. Why, I wonder? Afraid he might tell the truth?
To what end? So he can say over and over again “I don’t recall anything like she described happening” because after he says that what more is there to ask him? Did you ever go to parties with Kavanaugh? Did the two of you ever get drunk? I suppose they could do the same with Patrick Smyth, who was also named as being there so he can also say he doesn’t remember what she decribed happening and the female who has yet to be named.

Do you really think Mark Judge, who publicly said in a book years ago that he spent high school in a drunken haze, and has already submitted a statement that is subject to perjury laws, is suddenly going to say “I don’t remember 3/4 of my high school’s years, but you got me, I remember Brent Kavanaugh with his hand over her mouth”?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-21-2018 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Spell check word choices

Old 09-21-2018, 10:21 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
This is politics. It isn't rational. The whole idea that# metoo would pass, and has been ridiculed as of late, and now this. And now more ridicule. It is getting some hackles up, a little reminder of where we still are. That translates to some female anger votes for dems in November. It goes far beyond Kavanaugh and Ford.

So you think females are stupid enough to think we need to throw out due process?

Old 09-21-2018, 10:22 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Now her lawyers are insisting that SHE be allowed to testify LAST. Not in America cupcake. The ACCUSER goes first and the DEFENDANT goes last to answer the allegations. They don't even want lawyers present who could ask relevant questions.

If the Senate were to so stupidly agree to this, Ford would just renege on the offer AFTER everyone else has testified.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:24 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Brett Kavanaugh's friend Mark Judge was in the room when Christine Ford alleges Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.

The GOP-led committee will not allow Mark Judge to testify on Monday.

Why?

Because he has already said he wasn't in any such room. Ford testifies first.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:25 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Staff contacted Mark Judge and obtained a statement under penalty of felony. Staff contacted third person allegedly at party described by Dr. Ford and obtained a statement under penalty of felony. Staff contacted fourth person allegedly at party.

— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) September 20, 2018

Old 09-21-2018, 10:27 AM

78,428 posts, read 60,613,724 times
This whole charade has jumped the shark.

If you have something to say, then testify because that's how it works.

Demands like wanting to have the defense go BEFORE the accuser are so obviously unacceptable as to clearly be a ruse to delay and try to then claim that they never got a chance to be heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies