Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 01:37 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times

Advertisements

A U.S. federal judge on Saturday rejected key elements of President Donald Trump's May executive orders that would make it easier to fire federal employees and reduce their ability to bargain collectively.
Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, said in a court order that Trump's orders — which also would reduce the amount of time low-performing employees had to improve their performance before being fired — "undermine federal employees' right to bargain collectively."
"The President must be deemed to have exceeded his authority in issuing (the orders)," Jackson ruled.
U.S. judge rejects Trump directives easing ability to fire federal workers

HOW I LOVE it when that SUBHUMAN PILE OF EXCEMENT IS THWARTED!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 08-25-2018 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 01:58 PM

447 posts, read 558,344 times
So federal employees with poor performance rating can not and should not be fired. Things like that will only push people to Trump's side.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
If this is what draining the swamp was about than I don’t want it. Washington isn’t getting better it’s gotten worse with the draft dodger bonespur in the WH.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:40 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
I agree with Trump on this one. Young Federal employees don't want to work. All they do must of the day is look at their cell phones. Striking down Trump's executive order creates mediocrity in the Federal government's workforce.

Last edited by tillman7; 08-25-2018 at 02:59 PM..

Old 08-25-2018, 02:51 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
So federal employees with poor performance rating can not and should not be fired.
brain-trusts like the OP think that's great.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
You need mandatory drug testing now Reagan tried

But if Reagan could not get support mr trump is wise to pick his battles
His greatest achievements will be his campaign promises
Mr obama kept none but was enormously popular
I think mr trump is enormously unpopular but will keep all of his promises
Who is my favorite?

Old 08-25-2018, 03:43 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
More judicial overreach !!!

Keep appointing those judges Mr. Trump for 6 more years.

The only thing thwarted is service to the American people.
Gov. employees are there to serve US, NOT THEMSELVES.

Also thwarted is the desire for bigger gov.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:57 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
More judicial overreach !!!

Keep appointing those judges Mr. Trump for 6 more years.

The only thing thwarted is service to the American people.
Gov. employees are there to serve US, NOT THEMSELVES.

Also thwarted is the desire for bigger gov.

NOT ACCORDING TO TRUMP THE AUTOCRAT! That's the kind of government you want?????

Old 08-25-2018, 03:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I agree with Trump on this one. Young Federal employees don't want to work. All they do must of the day is look at their cell phones. Striking down Trump's executive order creates mediocrity in the Federal government's workforce.
I'm not a fan of that broad brush. Some are probably lazy and most probably do the best they can.
Trump signed 3 Executive orders.

The Executive Orders certainly put the UNION bosses in a tizzy.
THEY don't work at all - they get Free Space and just work on Union Stuff -- At the Taxpayers expense.
President Trump's E.O cut that back to them only getting to loaf on Union business for 25% of their "workday" ...... the HORROR!

Another E.O. forced the Unions to negotiate new contracts within 7 months of the expired contract.
Apparently -- they don't think that is FAIR.

Last one allows the termination of poor performing employees (which is rarely allowed under a Union Contract). This was for repeat poor performance reviews and gave them a last chance 30 days.

These Union Federal Employees (same for all Government Union Employees) - have Unionized against the people who actually HIRE them and PAY their Salaries & benefits. WE are the people that they fight in their sacred Union Negotiated Contracts ....... and they find us Deplorable and unworthy to dare to expect them to put in a full day's work and be terminated for consistently poor performance.

Here's the real Issue with these Negotiated Union Contracts -this is true for both Private and Public Unions. It's not just that they are difficult to fire, although that is a big problem in Public Sector Unions.
The largest problems with the Unions are their "RULES".

The Contracts should be made Transparent and PUBLIC .... People should be able to see what we are paying for and the Special Rules for the Elite Union workers that we fund.

Expect some really nasty responses -- there are a LOT of them on this board.
In all fairness - when I go into some of their Forums, there are also some that disagree strongly with their Contracts against the American People that pay their salaries/Benefits/fund their "rules"

The Government argued strongly against the Lawsuits that the Unions brought - a pretty strong argument was that the District Court Judge did not have Jurisdiction on this case [b]according to the Civil Service Act and Statute. Judge Jackson disagreed (she was appointed by Obama in 2013 and reportedly on his Short List for the Supreme Court.)

The new E.O's have not even taken place yet .... not sure why Standing was granted when the rules are not yet in place -- Judicial Activism struck again in Washington D.C. this time.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:04 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
So federal employees with poor performance rating can not and should not be fired. Things like that will only push people to Trump's side.
But for those suffering from TDS, anything that Trump does or wants for our country that will correct long standing problems like this example, is a good thing if he is stopped.
I was not a fan of Obama, but if he did something to correct a problem, I didn't want him thwarted just because I didn't agree with him on many issues.

Wanting to get rid of the dead wood to make our tax dollars go further with competent employees seems like a no-brainer.
Yet for all we know the OP is one of these buffoons who know it is almost impossible to get fired as a federal employee, and does not want to be held accountable to actually do their jobs correctly.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies