Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Evidently you didn't read the rest of what I wrote. A white nationalist is a person who wants a "white nation." By default black nationalists want whites to have their own nation too. They are white nationalists as they believe in separatism - same as the whites do.

I think it's interesting how the OP and maybe yourself believe this is "PC" when actually it is very non-PC lol. It is out of the ordinary but it does occur.

There is even an historic relevance to the fact that white nationalists and black sepratists groups (black nationalists) have the same goals - to separate the races.
How? the fact that I want an X nation doesn not mean I want a Y nation, why would they care how the rest of teh world comes together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 04:31 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
I'm puzzled how a black man can be a white nationalist. Makes no sense to me.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think it's if a black person doesn't say what liberals demand they say then they lose the liberals' protection. So liberal's label them with the worst label they think there is a "white nationalist".

Old 08-29-2018, 06:55 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
"White nationalist" is too much of a catch phrase these days. If there is some (white) dude that simply wants to live around his own race, that is somehow "white nationalist." If a black guy wants to live in a black neighborhood, is he a "black nationalist"? Too many people equate outright militant racists, white nationalists, "I want to live in a white neighborhood" people, those who don't like black people for whatever reason, those who are just more comfortable around "their own," etc. There IS a difference.

As for the guy in the video. Very interesting take. I've never really heard it put quite like that by a white person or black person. Also... he sounds like Scatman Crothers in "The Shining."

Last edited by ChrisC; 08-29-2018 at 07:04 PM..

Old 08-29-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
By your logic a white nationalist is also a black nationalist, in a sense.

Essentially you can just drop the labels "black" and "white" and call them all nationalists.

Bingo. I know it hurts your head, but you are beginning to understand.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It was explained pretty clearly above.

If you are a black person and you state that you want black people to live away from white people, aren't you also saying that you want white people to live away from black people?

Old 08-29-2018, 07:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
"White nationalist" is too much of a catch phrase these days. If there is some (white) dude that simply wants to live around his own race, that is somehow "white nationalist." If a black guy wants to live in a black neighborhood, is he a "black nationalist"? Too many people equate outright militant racists, white nationalists, "I want to live in a white neighborhood" people, those who don't like black people for whatever reason, those who are just more comfortable around "their own," etc. There IS a difference.

As for the guy in the video. Very interesting take. I've never really heard it put quite like that by a white person or black person. Also... he sounds like Scatman Crothers in "The Shining."
It's more about the recognition that multiculturalism and diversification via mass, global immigration is not working to the benefit of most whites and America. Maybe it works to non-white people's advantage to live and populate themselves in white countries. If I wanted to live in a country not majority white and white lead, I'd seek to emigrate. Leftist can call me whatever they want, but I have no interest in supporting demographic change and everything that comes with it via mass, globalized immigration.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:15 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
How? the fact that I want an X nation doesn not mean I want a Y nation, why would they care how the rest of teh world comes together.
This stuff is on Wikipedia...... Modern history has episodes where the NOI - the leading black separatist/nationalist organization actually accepted money from and agreed with neo-nazi white supremacists in regards to them both agreeing that blacks and whites should have their own "nation."

From wikipedia:

Quote:
Relationships with black separatist groups

In February 1962 George Lincoln Rockwell, the leader of the American Nazi Party, spoke at a Nation of Islam rally in Chicago, where he was applauded by Elijah Muhammad as he pronounced: "I am proud to stand here before black men. I believe Elijah Muhammed is the Adolf Hitler of the black man!"[82] Rockwell had attended, but did not speak at, an earlier NOI rally in Washington, D.C. in June 1961,[83] and once he even donated $20 to the NOI.[84] In 1965, after breaking with the Nation of Islam and denouncing its separatist doctrine, Malcolm X told his followers that the Nation of Islam under Elijah Muhammad had made secret agreements with the American Nazi Party and the Ku Klux Klan.[83]

Rockwell and other white supremacists (e.g. Willis Carto) also supported less well-known black separatist groups, such as Hassan Jeru-Ahmed's Blackman's Army of Liberation, in reference to which Rockwell told Los Angeles Times reporter Michael Drosnin in 1967 that if "Any Negro wants to go back to Africa, I'll carry him piggy-back."[85]

More recently, Tom Metzger, erstwhile Ku Klux Klan leader from California, spoke at a NOI rally in Los Angeles in September 1985 and donated $100 to the group.[86] In October of that same year, over 200 prominent white supremacists met at former Klan leader Robert E. Miles's farm to discuss an alliance with Louis Farrakhan, head of the NOI.[84] In attendance were Edward Reed Fields of the National States' Rights Party, Richard Girnt Butler of the Aryan Nations, Don Black, Roy Frankhouser, and Metzger, who said that "America is like a rotting carcass. The Jews are living off the carcass like the parasites they are. Farrakhan understands this."[84]
note the underlined.

This stuff is not secret to people who know anything about what race based nationalism really is. Whites and blacks who follow a separatist ideology both agree that whites and blacks should have their own nation. They don't agree entirely but there are other (many) instances where they agree in theory and so them being separatists means they in fact can be black and a white nationalist. Someone can be white and be a black nationalist, etc.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:16 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post

Actually you wanting an X nation of your people actually does mean you want a Y nation of other people. They are one and the same.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't mean to TRIGGER anyone, but here goes a little nugget I stumbled across.

Black Confederate H.K. Edgerton Gives History Lesson After Democrats Tear Down Another Civil War Statue of Silent Sam at University of North Carolina.

Black Confederate Gives History Lesson – Citizen Pressroom
He is right the Confederate Army was integrated. Research into this is an ongoing process, where as, every time someone makes a post, I must revisit the Cornell University Library site again ... I clicked on browse then I entered my search terms (negro confederate) and I found more information on the subject. All of the documents are scanned in, but through google I found much the same documents published else where.

Example: An act to amend an act entitled "An act to increase the efficiency of the army by employing free Negroes and slaves in certain capacities", approved February 17th, 1864.

I found a free e-book with the information on google books.
The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union - United States War Department
They were paid 11 dollars a month ...

And to The Employment of the Negroes as Soldiers
Quote:
It may be recalled that during the opening days of the war, slaves captured by the Union forces were returned to their disloyal masters. Here there is sufficient evidence in the concrete that slavery was not the avowed cause of the conflict. If there was the uncertain notion of the cause of the war among northern sympathizers, how much more befogged must have been the minds of the southern slaves in the hands of men who imagined that they were fighting for the same principles involved in our earlier struggle with Great Britain! To the majority of the Negroes, as to all the South, the invading armies of the Union seemed to be ruthlessly attacking independent States, invading the beloved homeland and trampling upon all that these men held dear.
The loyalty of the slave while the master was away with the fighting forces of the Confederacy has been the making of many orators of an earlier day, echoes of which we often hear in the present. The Negroes were not only loyal in remaining at home and doing their duty but also in offering themselves for actual service in the Confederate army.
History is complicated because people are complicated; I have found Edgerton to be spot on, except for Donald Trump. For that, Edgerton should conduct some research ...
PS: the title of your thread in conjunction with the civil war, is wrong. Just so you know.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 08-29-2018 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: ps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies