Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 04:11 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times

Advertisements

Actually Obama and other liberals have often spoken about this subject. I remember hearing something similar on NPR of all places.

Many conservatives around here are just too invested in their own media to take notice so I agree with the OP in that since it wasn't/isn't on Fox News, you don't pay attention.

Interestingly to me, many liberals pay attention to Fox News, so they know what you all are consuming. They all follow Trump on social media and read/watch internet sites related to conservatives. Seems conservatives are less likely to do this versus liberals - seek to get the other side's POV directly from the other side. You all wait for your media to tell you what (they think) the other side said and due to that you get a very skewed view of liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 04:16 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I couldn't watch the vid, but if he's picking on the PC culture then good on him. I was never a fan of his, I think he was pretty ineffective, but kudos to him for being honest, if he indeed was.

I have no problem saying something good about a political leader if he gets something right. The blind hatred on both sides for the opposite political leader is something that should be chilled out a bit and people need to use their common sense when necessary and drop the partisan crap.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
I think if Obama mentioned the word "SJW", this speech would have gone more viral.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:21 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You probably didn't hear this soundbite on Fox News because it doesn't fit the narrative that conservative media wanted to portray about Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZVCbW63lc
When Obama is right, he is right. I agree with him on this issue.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:53 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
The poor SJW liberal or conservative mother-in-law that is disgusted by this speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies