Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,442,122 times

Advertisements

Our town fought Home Depot taking over a property just steps from an elementary school.
We fought them and they did the same thing. Threw orange t shirts and soccer balls and free bus rides for anyone who needed money...to our down town meetings...which were shut down by the fire marshall due to over crowding...such dog and pony obstruction. Same ol same ol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 07:12 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,526,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No former president could draw such large crowds.
Nice Freudian slip.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:13 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,881,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Speaking of empty assertions, you weren't complaining over the "hope and change" Obama rallies.
And how many of those did he have, outside the initial election and re-election cycle?

Old 09-04-2018, 07:15 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,115,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Yeah - I think it's crazy.

Maybe it's because I live in an liberal city, but I don't know anyone who supports this administration and its nonsense.

Then again, maybe I'm just another liberal elitist - who knows?
it shows that you, your area, and many liberal cities are comply out of touch with a substantial percentage of the country.

This is why you (as a group) were completely surprised that Trump won.

Step outside your echo chamber, and get in touch with the rest of the country. If you do, you'll understand that this administration's policies are far from nonsense.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:23 PM

30,333 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Who Are All These Trump Supporters?
At rallies, a new understanding of America emerges

By George Saunders

The speeches themselves are nearly all empty assertion. Assertion and bragging. Assertion, bragging, and defensiveness.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-trump-rallies
Calling it like it is is not "anger". The only anger that we have been seeing is from the left who cannot accept the 2016 election results, to this day.

I love watching the Trump rallies for many reasons, but one of the top reasons is knowing that people on the left lose their minds every single time he holds one.

Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump went through the motions at the last one in W Virginia but complained that the energy and crowd weren't there.
Evidence that you didn't actually watch it and instead get your opinions from Fake News. He addressed the Fake News articles stating that he was complaining about the energy and crowd by telling everyone that he did not say that. The Fake News said it.

Indiana rally on August 30th.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-05-2018 at 11:21 AM..

Old 09-04-2018, 07:27 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,795,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
it shows that you, your area, and many liberal cities are comply out of touch with a substantial percentage of the country.

This is why you (as a group) were completely surprised that Trump won.

Step outside your echo chamber, and get in touch with the rest of the country. If you do, you'll understand that this administration's policies are far from nonsense.
Actually, my father has always been a leftist but my extended family is hardcore conservative. I'm definitely aware of these views - but they seem grounded in fear and not rationality.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:30 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,437,832 times
We love when Muller announces another indictment or charge, a person writes a book or files suit related to Trump and his circle. We enjoy when the right loses their mind every single time one comes down.

Most people don't lose their mind over Trump rallies. They change the channel. Simple.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,423,503 times
Trump's only "skill" is that of a carnival barker...then he goes back to the White House and can't back any of it up. Big mouth...loud mouth...foul mouth...that sums him up...except for all the lying on top of that.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:50 PM

63,055 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I agree, the shorter section has utility. But, some of the proposed sections make no sense - especially due to geologic issues.

There should be a rigorous cost benefit analysis - but there isn't because it's Trump. It's just "illegals are bad, let's build a big wall and make Mexico pay for it."

I don't know what proposed sections you are talking about. If the 700 mile long wall weren't feasible congress never would have approved of it in the first place.

There already is a rigorous cost/benefit analysis. Illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year vs the $25 billion wall. Do the math. Trump never said that Mexico would write a check for it but they would inadvertadly play for it. I really don't care as it's still much cheaper for the tax payer even if we do have to pay for it and it's well needed.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Old 09-04-2018, 07:54 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,707,608 times
It's funny when the "New Yorker" writes something about America like they know anything beyond that bubble in NYC. They still haven't figured out why Hillary Clinton's "Blue Wall" never existed.

I thank the OP for spending his/her day perusing the Internet for this kind of stuff so we can laugh at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies