Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 03:54 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times

Advertisements

'Member when Obama's campaign manager and friend of 30 years plead guilty to conspiracy against the United States? No?

Hmmm, me neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 03:56 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Still with the Podesta thing???
That all you got???
That all you got?

Seriously? I'll let you catch up and see if you want to rephrase.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:57 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You're kidding, right? LOL
Of course he is not
They opened another hearing on the Clinton email server on the day Cohen made his allocution...

Old 09-14-2018, 03:58 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
He'd better sing, and loudly.
I wonder how the asterisk president will feel about his sycophant now.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:59 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Reports are that Manafort brokered the deal without his lawyer present.

I guess that means that the Mutual Defense agreement is over.

Trumps lawyers do not know what Manafort will say.
I wonder if Trump feels how we felt when him and Putin met together without anyone but their interpreters.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
'Member when Obama's campaign manager and friend of 30 years plead guilty to conspiracy against the United States? No?

Hmmm, me neither.
Hey, way to jump the queue there! Get a reference to Obama in there before they can deflect to him as usual.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
That all you got?

Seriously? I'll let you catch up and see if you want to rephrase.
Nope, I don't need to rephrase

First it was Tony Podesta was getting a plea deal because of his brother--which would taint Mueller's investigation
Now we know Mueller served Podesta up to another arm of the Justice Dept and that trial will proceed as that office deems fit or makes plea deals...
So Podesta is sort of a non-germain topic at this point...
Especially on a thread about MANAFORT making a plea deal with Mueller...
And I would think that Mueller got exactly what he wanted even though he was shopping right before the stores closed for Christmas...

Old 09-14-2018, 04:00 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Meh, Trump is sitting there with presidential pardons in his back pocket if he needs it.

I can’t get outraged over every news story.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:01 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Manafort does appear to be a criminal and Trump is not made to look better for having hired this guy as his campaign manager, albeit briefly.

That being said, nobody has been convicted on anything having anything to do with Trump, much less with Trump conspiring with the Russians to steal the 2016 presidential election from Hillary Clinton.

Manafort is the only person convicted on anything other than a process crime related to the investigation itself. And those convictions are related to his own personal business dealings.

Also, anyone who says this current case is related to Russian collusion is a pure liar. Manafort was lobbying for Ukraine and did not register as a foreign representative as required by law. Ukraine is not Russia, and Ukraine is not even accused of interfering in our election. The charges against Manafort, while serious, have NOTHING to do with the core mandate of the Mueller investigation.

Lie and deny any of that, if you cannot restrain yourself.
Among other things, Mueller wants information about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower which Manafort attended (this is not a lie), and he wants to know about the May 2017 oval office meeting the president had with Kislyak and two other Russian oligarchs in which no american press was allowed (this is not a lie). Manafort might be able to provide useful information on those two incidents because he was present at one and might know something about the other since he has interactions with some of the same Russian big shots that the president does.

Old 09-14-2018, 04:02 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Meh, Trump is sitting there with presidential pardons in his back pocket if he needs it.

I can’t get outraged over every news story.
Sure, I mean it is only conspiracy against the United States. Who cares about a lil' treason amirite? More importantly I'm pretty sure there is an NFL player kneeling somewhere, or maybe Hillary sneezed or something important like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies