Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:08 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Do you just repeat prior comments, pretty much verbatim word-for-word, with no additional commentary whatsoever, because you don't read any prior comments? Or because you think repetition works better? Or you've really got nothing else to offer?

Regardless, the perspective you describe is that of most typical Trump supporters I think, and as such, there simply is no reconciling the perspective that sees Obama quite differently vs Trump. Amazing to what extent some can see white where others see black, but no doubt "perspective is everything!"

Regardless the facts, reason and logic that at least SOME people try to offer up to justify their perspective. Hopefully there are more of those sorts of comments still to come in this thread, something new to think about, if this thread should continue at all...

Until tomorrow, here's to a better tomorrow! Cheers!
Any President who defends a teenage thug that violently attacks a police officer is very stupid and divisive. Not good for America.

And then several times he called Islamic terrorism "workplace violence" or the actions of "lone wolves." What was he thinking? Actually, I don't want to know. Just glad Obama is gone.
Good riddance.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 09-24-2018 at 12:17 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 12:23 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Any President who defends a teenage thug that violently attacks a police officer is very stupid and divisive. Not good for America.

And then several times he called Islamic terrorism "workplace violence" or the actions of "lone wolves." What was he thinking? Actually, I don't want to know. Just glad Obama is gone.
Good riddance.
So this idea of Obama's divisiveness is based around hyperbolic distortions of his actual positions and actions such as you are putting forth.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:25 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitydreamer View Post
i regret that obama ever was president. I am glad that he no longer is. And i hope that america never has a president like obama again.

He was extremely divisive and anti-american.
+1

Old 09-24-2018, 12:38 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
I miss the America before Clinton....and am very pleased with the direction we're going now that we have Trump.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:09 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I miss the America before Clinton....and am very pleased with the direction we're going now that we have Trump.
I agree with you 100%.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:26 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I regret that Obama ever was President. I am glad that he no longer is. And I hope that America never has a President like Obama again.

He was extremely divisive and anti-American.
Perhaps you think Trump isn't divisive at all with his constant angry Twitter rants. Pot meet kettle. He has made statements opposing our free press, threatening them with actions and encouraging people at his rallies to shout at them and call them names. It is definitely not pro-American in my view. A free press just happens to be in our Bill of Rights.

Then there is his belittling of any women that claims a Republican male sexually harrassed or assaulted them. When it's a claim against a Democratic male, of course he is all in and says the Democratic should resign immediately. He has also attacked Republican women with vitriol at times: Carly Fiorina on her appearance, Ted Cruz' wife on her appearance, Megan Kelly..."coming out of her wherever". Let's call a spade a spade. Clearly, he is a misogynist.

His disrespect for the FBI, Robert Mueller, Jeff Sessions and the rule of law has been on display as well. He has also called the leaders of Puerto Rico liars after their death toll report of nearly 3,000 people from Hurricane Maria. It is an American territory.

It is clear he is not divisive and really tries to unite our nation as a proud American.

Seriously though, I hope America never has a President like Trump again. He has been our most divisive President. In the next two years, he is well advised to learn from his mistakes in the first two years, but I predict that won't happen.

Last edited by chessgeek; 09-24-2018 at 04:49 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 04:29 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
my life has not changed at all. I do wish all the whining and persecution complexing would stop.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:57 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
my life has not changed at all. I do wish all the whining and persecution complexing would stop.
Do you also think President Trump should cut down on his constant, several hundred or so whines on Twitter? He has whined far more in less than 2 years than Obama did in 8 years. That's yet another reason I prefer pre Trump America. Maybe the President could at least try and set an example going forward. Were you equally adamant about the whining being stopped and also the birther lies when Obama was President?

I can't imagine the persecution complex and pity party that Trump would have if he was falsely accused of being born outside the USA. Obama was frankly probably too classy and polite dealing with it.

Last edited by chessgeek; 09-24-2018 at 05:07 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 05:01 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Do you also think President Trump should cut down on his constant, several hundred or so whines on Twitter? He has whined far more in less than 2 years than Obama did in 8 years. Maybe the President could at least try and set an example going forward. Were you equally adamant about the whining being stopped and also the birther lies when Obama was President?
I did not vote for trump, and I don't have twitter. people who are on twitter are losers. should trump be "tweeting?" nope. he's an idiot, but so are the people who follow him for no other reason than to get outraged. those idiots are being trolled and they can't even tell. were "birthers" marching like little children ever 15 seconds and backing up traffic?

Old 09-24-2018, 05:20 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
That is absurd.
Yes it is very absurd that people think the economic recovery didn't start in 2009. The Obama hate is strong in some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies