Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2018, 12:53 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Hmmm.... turns out trying to make societies more controllable by dumbing down the population and making them more dependent has some negative consequences we didn't foresee. Guess we're stupider than we thought too.

-Signed,
The "Illuminati"

A Police officer's career, doesn't pay much....starts at 40,000 in some areas...others start at more....

but, not a lot of people want to make it a career any longer, with all the BLM and all the other things that are against them.

Well, guess what they did...they are lowering the bar on the tests and some of the drug questions to get a less educated person in.

So, what does that tell you about they're qualifications....government makes them hire a certain percentage of minorities...even on road work, you've got to have a certain percentage of minority companies...and then the same goes for workers....so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I thought I was going to be witness to an all girl rumble. Both my wife and I conceal carry so we do everything we can to not get into situations or escalate them. Hence both remaining calm. Now our friend..she was ready to throw down ! LOL
LOL, you and your wife probably have much more right than officers these days....

I'm glad you do....

Old 10-02-2018, 04:09 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
IMO, nothing helps one's self esteem as much as knowing one is competent. Kids know this everybody gets a trophy is BS.

Teachers are no longer from the top 10% of their classes like when I was a kid. One of my daughters who wanted to go into teaching graduated with honors from a prestigious university. She would not tell her classmates her intended career path due to them making fun of her. Teaching was not even considered. any body who would do it was an idiot asking for trouble and low pay, too.

The county sheriff makes no secret of the fact that they do not hire the smartest people. Because as soon as they are trained and work a couple years they move on to another career. That's a problem for them and the citizens.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:00 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
years ago, if you made a mistake on the job, or took too much time off, you were left go....
now a days you never hear of anyone getting fired, there are no consequences for actions....
plus, the mistakes that are made within Customer Service and Data processing are just incredible.
You got any stats on these ridiculous statements?

Old 10-02-2018, 08:19 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
So basically this thread is people talking about how terrible everyone--except for themselves--is. Ok.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:10 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Hmmm.... turns out trying to make societies more controllable by dumbing down the population and making them more dependent has some negative consequences we didn't foresee. Guess we're stupider than we thought too.

-Signed,
The "Illuminati"
What will they do when their newly elected Communists show up at their estates to eat them?

Old 10-03-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
^^
Bafflegab which addressed not one point.

But thanks for the laugh.
No actually he is correct

Old 10-03-2018, 02:31 AM

I wish and hope that someday everybody in this country will be at the top of their intellect performing in a very positive way this thread was simply just to point out that we could be better in my opinion we've progressed in a lot of ways and in other ways we have not and those have nots are what we should be looking at Like it or not believe it or not is Charlie up to you but at the end of the day we could always do just a little bit better.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:16 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I thought I was going to be witness to an all girl rumble. Both my wife and I conceal carry so we do everything we can to not get into situations or escalate them. Hence both remaining calm. Now our friend..she was ready to throw down ! LOL
I have been in more than a few situations that pretty well compelled me to do something about "people behaving badly," usually nothing more than a few choice words, but there is always the possibility of someone getting physical. I'm not one to start that sort of thing, but I am always concerned that even if I just sound off, some knucklehead might be packing and decide he doesn't like what I'm saying. That's always a concern, for just about anyone I think...

But hey, let's not let this thread also get hijacked by the subject of gun violence in America!

Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sacrificing some to benefit others? Sacrifice the smart kids to benefit the struggling kids. How do you NOT see that's exactly how the US populace has become SO dumbed down?
Amazing how we can twist these arguments more than just a bit to fit our own personal notions...

I never suggested anyone be "sacrificed," for example. How do you not see that interpretation as not only incorrect but a dumbed down version of my comment(s)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies