Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 10:51 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
See what I mean? Trump ripping people off: Fine. Trump lying: Fine. Trump assaulting women: Fine. Trump saying he and the NK dictator are "in love": Not a problem. Trump adoring Putin (ex-KGB who still murders his opponents): Fine.

What problem? I don't see a problem. It's just you "nanny state liberal Democrats." (And just for the record: it's those "nanny state liberal Democrats" who keep some of the red states from collapsing).

Cult.

Gotta hand it to FOX, though: all these many years of brainwashing their viewers to despise all Democrats and "liberals" has really paid off.
Oh but you're mistaken. It didn't take Fox for many Americans to despise Democrats and liberals, all it took was Hillary Clinton.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:52 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I have no pony in this show. Yes, its true, I would rather a ultra conservative judge not sit on the SC because I do not agree with his social platforms. I also have stated that I do not believe anything has proven so far that he should not be given the seat. Listen, I voted for DJT (because I hated HRC more than life itself admittedly to an unhealthy degree). I voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the last local election. I really do not side with either party. In my mind, both are mostly rotten to the core.

All that said, I am not unhappy Grassley has tasked the FBI to open criminal investigations into anyone who provided false information. Good. It should start with Swetnick and end with Kavanuagh. If the FBI finds any of them provided false information they should be punished.
Grassley's move is a not-so-covert message to Judge and others that if they change their testimony when they speak to the FBI they will be prosecuted.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:52 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
It's not just Trump's lying; it's his general debauched character, which includes his lies, his assault on women (most of whom he's paid off), his theft of people's money with his fake university, his ripping-off of people who worked for him, his refusal to even educate himself about the Constitution or even his job, etc. Even a cursory review of his long, sordid history would tell anyone who he really is. The list goes on: just ask the folks in NY, who've been watching "The Trump Show" for 40 years. It's mind-boggling that Republicans bought his I'm-for-the-little-guy crap. And they remain useful to him, so from time to time, he holds one of his little "rallies," where the faithful gather in hopes of touching his robes, and he spouts off more fear-mongering, race-baiting lies to keep them riled up, while he enjoys their obedient worship of him--and then he flies back to one of his many golf courses, satisfied that he's still got them in his pocket until he needs them again. Donald Trump is a con man, always has been, has just never conned on this scale before. There's a reason he couldn't carry New York--and it's not the "elites" who didn't vote for him, it was the common New Yorker who didn't vote for him, throughout the entire state, because they know him better than anyone.
I live in NY. I know the reasons. I agree with most of your character assassination of the guy. I do. I was previously responding to someone who claimed that "Because Trump is a liar President that his followers think its ok to lie". I was just pointing out that all Presidents lie. Some more than others. Some better than others. They all lie. And when a liberal President lied, his followers all got in the cattle line and defended them too.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:53 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
NOPE.
that is YOUR claim.
WHat has happened is Kavanaugh exposed his true self on the stand, and you know it.

Thus we are simply adding temperament to the LIST of reasons he should not be appointed to our highest court.

sex crimes.

repeated lying under oath.

lack of self control/ poor temperament.

we could add, excessive drinking, bar fight, gambling debts...

but sex crimes, repeated perjuries , poor temperament are more than enough to disqualify ...

Pretty scarey -- hope you never get on a jury.

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
See what I mean? Trump ripping people off: Fine. Trump lying: Fine. Trump assaulting women: Fine. Trump saying he and the NK dictator are "in love": Not a problem. Trump adoring Putin (ex-KGB who still murders his opponents): Fine.

What problem? I don't see a problem. It's just you "nanny state liberal Democrats."

Cult.

Gotta hand it to FOX, though: all these many years of brainwashing their viewers to despise all Democrats and "liberals" has really paid off.

Ailes and Murdoch were a match made in hell, they along with the Koch boys have done more damage to this nation than any "foreign" adversary has ever managed to do.

If not for those two POS, Republicans would not be the party of hate and fear. Instead our nation would have truely become that "shining city on a hill".....

but instead we got Trump Ryan Mitch Sessions. a fool, a libertarian, a racist and a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Oh but you're mistaken. It didn't take Fox for many Americans to despise Democrats and liberals, all it took was Hillary Clinton.
Oh but you missed the point, didn't you. The right wing's rabid hatred of H. Clinton was precisely the result of a FOX main talking point--for many years. And they got it done.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:54 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Leftists have turned themselves into a total JOKE -
The longer they continue, the less credibility they have.

The Hysterical Meltdown Continues .........

Exactly.

Reverse the roles. If EVERY one of the witnesses Ford cited as being there at the assault had agreed with her, would the dems think Kavanaugh had any credibility, whatsoever?

And yet, the opposite IS true. EVERY one of the witnesses Ford cited as being there at the assault, have said her statements are FALSE, and what Ford claims Brett did - DIDN'T happen.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:55 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you mean you can't rebut the poster's points so you pretend the poster was not capable of producing the post.....
You know the poster is correct. You know Kavanaugh is a hyper partisan ill tempered man.

there are now 30 documented lies Kavanaugh told under oath, even if only a 1/4 are real that alone is enough to disqualify anyone.

But Kavanaugh not only repeatedly lied to make himself look good, he also has numerous people stating he sexually assaulted them .

You guys have a big list of extremists to pick from surely a few of them are "clean" just pick one who did not rape, start bar fights etc...
Ford is criticized for not having mentioned Kavanaugh by name until she supposedly saw his name on Romney's SCOTUS short list in 2012. One reason to discount the theory this is some plot is that surely there were a bunch of other potential nominees for her to set some stage to later torpedo?

But the one she picks turns out to have behaviors (the drinking) that make a sexual assault more likely. And she knew this how? To answer my own question ... she knew of Kavanaugh and that matched his high school reputation. Fine ... and agree that doesn't make him a proved attempted rapist.

Still ... the coincidence ... a woman who wants to play very dirty politics ... who just happens to know a potential nominee who's behaved in a manner that leaves him more open to a smear ... and who starts to set the stage in 2012 ... but this same woman is supposed to be so ditzy because she can't remember various details?

Because that's so unlikely (really) many concede that "something" did happen but it just wasn't Kavanaugh. How that might play out isn't at all clear from this thread ... but it plays back to a ditzy-but-no-plot scenario.

Part of the reason I tend to "believe" Ford is not so much because she has some airtight case (there IS no corroborating evidence) but because the alternate theories make even less sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
bull. he didn't lie. you seem to think if he didn't stand up strip down to a toga and chug a keg on live TV he told a lie.

both what you just said here and that article I just read are less honest than BK was. BY FAR

Kavanaugh lied--many, many times. You can refuse to acknowledge that, if you wish. But denying that the sky is blue won't change its color.

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Kavanaugh's judicial demeanor has been on full display for 15 years as a Federal circuit Court judge.
Ah, but he's been in control from the bench for all those years. He never was being interrogated the way all the defendants in his courtroom were.

Now we see how he reacts from the other side of the bench. There was nothing reasoned or judge-like about the way he behaved when he wasn't sitting in the high seat of judgment, but was rather on the hot seat himself.

I'm certain anyone who spoke to him in his courtroom the way he spoke to the Senators questioning him would have found themselves in contempt of court very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies