Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:50 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
That's strange. An article on the front page of the Billings Gazette this morning said that the
FBI was in the process of interviewing swetnick.
Could be they are setting up a perjury charge.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Initially when her story broke he said either he didn't know her or didn't remember her.

I am pretty sure in his testimony he said he knew of her but didn't really know her.

I'm not willing to sift through all the testimony to find it.
He never said that he knew her. He said that it was possible that he knew her, but he doesn't remember her. He said that they did not run in the same circles.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Initially when her story broke he said either he didn't know her or didn't remember her.

I am pretty sure in his testimony he said he knew of her but didn't really know her.

I'm not willing to sift through all the testimony to find it.
I think you are right, but at this stage who remembers who said what. There have been so many stories and contradictions. I think I am going to sign out now and turn of the tube.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:54 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
Susan Collins is toast.

She will vote to confirm and get tossed out of office in 2020. Or she might not vote for him and get thrown out in the primary.
Looks like poll entry 50-54 just got a bump.

Source on this info? Don't see this info yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
McConnell is speaking now. He is recounting everything and must be going to announce something at some point?
I say they are going after Dianne Feinstein full on.

Prediction, Feinstein resigns or is ousted soon.

Also, McConnell is warning FBI to not let the Democrats move the goal posts this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Him telling the truth here doesn't hurt his stock any, even against us Republicans.

He's just pointing out there's no longer any incentive to reach across the aisles which is correct. He reminds us that when they do, the opponent just puts this in their next campaign add.

This is true.

We can't knock him for that.

Flake also gives at least three reasons why he should hate and not vote for Trump.

1) Trump is a birther. True.

2) McCain. True

3) Trump called out Mexicans. Big fat lie.

Trump called out illegal aliens, naming Some... Some of them as murderers, rapists.

For #3 above, I neither trust Flake, nor believe anything else he says because this is what the left does... Embellishes Trump's faults or mistakes and passes them off as truth via an on bended knees media, repetition and desperation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Lovely.

I would pass a biscuit if it ended tomorrow. Srsly, when does anything ever go Trump's way from this crowd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
from National Review

"If you follow Twitter closely, you’ll notice that the debate over Brett Kavanaugh moved significantly from the central question of last Thursday’s hearing — did he commit sexual assault? — to a raging debate over whether he lied about high-school slang, college drinking, and inside jokes, and whether he was just too “angry” to be a Supreme Court judge."

funny. exactly the same thing happened on this forum
They have the audacity of claiming we watch too much FOX News. Oh, so every other channel, cbs, msnbc, abc, cnn, etc. is better? Are they any different from each other?

Well, it all plays out here.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-01-2018 at 02:35 PM..

Old 10-01-2018, 01:55 PM

189 posts, read 110,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
How about some evidence?

Evidence that he is unfit to sit on the court because of his inability to maintain a standard of judicial restraint and his inability to hold his temper? Just watch the hearing. There is plenty of evidence of that. He is too emotional. He should have his hormone levels checked.

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yeah I agree fury is a bit drama. He used the phrase "Hell have no fury". It wouldn't have been my personal choice of words.
Good Grief -- no wonder the Leftists are so removed from Reality. You actually believe this stuff.

Judge Kavanaugh NEVER "used the phrase "Hell have no fury" ......
Pay attention now -- It did NOT happen.

The quote the Judge used was a LOT better

That phrase was used - you got that part correct - it was used by Jonathan Capehart in a syndicated (that means sold to other news media) column. I always worry about using those big words.

Opinion: Hell hath no fury like an entitled white man denied
Jonathan Capehart, The Washington Post Published 6:17 am PDT, Saturday, September 29, 2018

But the histrionics of Graham and Kavanaugh showed once again how hell hath no fury like an entitled white man denied. No humility. No contrition. No humanity beyond his narrow interests.
Strong words broadly brushed, I know. But I'm done tiptoeing around powerful men like Kavanaugh and Graham when their bruised, tender feelings will have an impact on my life and my country.

Don't you people EVER get embarrassed by these totally false statements?????????

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Kavanaugh said that he does not recall ever meeting Ford, and that if they ever did meet, they did not converse or have a relationship beyond that initial introduction. There is nobody who has contradicted that, other than Ford.
Similar to what I remember hearing. Don't recall either of them saying they were actually introduced. You can know of someone including their name without being introduced if someone else knows them and tells you who they are.

Seems like there was also something about either the girlfriend at the party or another girlfriend dating either Mark Judge or another friend of his. So that's another way they could have known of each other.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:58 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Oh my gosh, I've ruminated over high school shenanigans more in the past three days than I have in the past 30 years. I bet every one of Ford's and Kavanaugh's well heeled friends wishes they'd never known either of them.

189 posts, read 110,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
It is kind of funny. I was thinking that most of the Congress, let alone the Supreme Court are older, in many cases, considerably older than Brett Kavanaugh.

Many are in fact Baby Boomers who were young in the 1960s. Can you imagine if we looked into their past and seen what they did when they were young? Not just 20 something or college kids. No back into when they were teenagers, hell why not back into when they were in grade school?

I doubt if we would have many of our current members still sitting in the Congress or the courts!

Well, I think that used to happen.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/08/u...na-clamor.html

Perhaps we had higher standards back then.

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The best actor/actresses can manage to draw tears from their eyes when crying, Dr Ford was choking on her word like she was crying but never gave up a tear. Bad actress and bad liar.
Look at her when she's fake holding back tears. Look at how far down she has her chin into her chest. Try it out yourself.

Put your chin down into our chest while talking and see if you don't, also, have a shaky breaking voice as if you were on the verge of tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies