Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 04:57 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Any decent patriotis American who believes in fairness and truth in our justice system should feel the same.

You should be concerned about this no matter on which side of the political spectrum you are.

If you don't - and are willing to employ a scorched earth policy to ALL out institutions to advance your political belief - disenfranchising half the country - this country is finished.

Kavanaugh needs to be above partisan politics if the Court is to retain any semblance of fairness and impartiality. Pretty much a joke these days, but they should at least try.

He's clearly shown pettiness and bias. Inadvertently, he has shown he is unfit for the SC - or any bench for that matter.
The underlined and the bolded directly contradict each other. The left has collectively gone insane. The "scorched earth" aspect of this whole nomination process has been entirely on the side of the democrats. Now in desperation your last refuge is to attack Kavanaugh for showing emotion in the face of the left's savage and merciless character assassination of him. It's bloody insane.

"He got mad at us when we tried to destroy him! He's unfit for office!" It's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life. You're either completely and willfully full of **** or you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Now this is a perfect example of a partisan hack....LOL
Do you disagree with Trump on how he handled that?

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh come on! Jeff Flake is very obviously angling to switch parties and either run in the Democratic presidential primary or for some state office. He's already a dead man walking in the senate because he couldn't get the votes from the Republican party in Arizona.

We'll see how you feel about voting for him in the primary. Somehow I doubt you'll be pulling that lever.

Does every vote have to involve a political motive? Freed from party pressures, maybe he's just voting his conscience.

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
So basically, the backup plan here was to deflect from the assault allegations to his conduct during the interview?

It's all starting to make a lot of sense now.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:58 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The underlined and the bolded directly contradict each other. The left has collectively gone insane. The "scorched earth" aspect of this whole nomination process has been entirely on the side of the democrats. Now in desperation your last refuge is to attack Kavanaugh for showing emotion in the face of the left's savage and merciless character assassination of him. It's bloody insane.

"He got mad at us when we tried to destroy him! He's unfit for office!" It's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life. You're either completely and willfully full of **** or you're as dumb as a box of rocks.
I am going with the rock one. Do I get a vote?

Old 10-02-2018, 04:59 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
But in all fairness, they are just repeating what Schumer says on the Senate floor. Sometimes I wonder if they put out a memo with the talking points or the drones just repeat like a parrot.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:59 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

How are you so sure he's innocent? I'm not ready to call it especially since there is going to be more information coming forward. If he is guilty then what would you call how he acted?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Senate Dems on Kavanaugh.

1. Oppose him almost unanimously from start.

2. Call him “evil.”

3. In hearings, virtually ignore his actual record on the bench.

4. Afterward, leak uncorroborated accusations of sex crimes.

5. When he fights back in anger, attack his “temperament.”

democrats are a joke!!!!! the ones that should resign from the Senate is that old mummy in makeup Feinstein......she held up to the letter for 2 months and at the last minute threw that to the public and outer Mrs. Ford on 37 years old uncorroborated accusations of sex crimes to slander and destroy the judge.

she is the one that should quit and a few other dirtbags in the Senate

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
...for the good of the country.

He does not have the judicial temperament or character to be a Supreme Court judge, a lifetime position.

He was crying, screaming, and disrespectful during hearings. We all saw it happen live. If that had been a woman, she'd have likely been called hysterical or even crazy.

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, his should step aside because of his outrageous, unflattering judicial behavior and multiple accounts of untoward behaviors in his past. This to save his family humiliation and the rest of us...from the anger and partisan attitude he exhibited and might continue to exhibit on the Supreme Court.
You'll lose, he'll win.

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
https://twitter.com/senorrinhatch/st...90920792342530
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies