Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times

Advertisements

The whole thing was a train wreck. Mitchell should have questioned Kavanaugh, too, and that's just for starters.

I believe something happened to Ford. The only question is whether or not Kavanaugh was involved, and it seemed to me that subjecting him to the same questioning she faced might have been helpful in ascertaining that.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:47 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Because one side has a life time of judicial service, been through 6 FBI background checks, has a stellar, impeccable record while the other side has a story with more holes in it than a beehive, is obviously being used as a political pawn, has had her entire social media history scrubbed from the internet and has zero corroborating evidence to back her accusation.

See, that was easy.
So it had nothing to do what was said or not said or how it was said? It came down to who looked better on paper? Who the person was, not what they said?

Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
It would be interesting to see how the left would spin it if Ford was later found out to be completely wrong on the events that occurred. That would be some major crow. Would they apologize? Would they turn on the #MeToo movement?

They are investing a LOT of emotion and support for Ford. To have that turned upside down would be interesting to see.
The reverse would also be interesting to see.

The thing is, as many, many women have attested to here, you don't forget the person who assaulted you. You may not remember every detail of your surroundings, but you remember the face that is above you when they are assaulting you.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
It would be interesting to see how the left would spin it if Ford was later found out to be completely wrong on the events that occurred. That would be some major crow. Would they apologize? Would they turn on the #MeToo movement?

They are investing a LOT of emotion and support for Ford. To have that turned upside down would be interesting to see.
It seems some are jumping ship on Dr. Ford and moving in the direction that he is unfit to serve because he was angry during his "job interview". I do not want Kavanaugh on the seat because I disagree with his social stance on issues that he will have the power to weigh in on. Not because he got angry on the "stand" or that he got drunk in high school. I really do not care what inside jokes he and his 16 year old buddies had either. Unfortunately, the Dems screwed the pooch in the last election and my opinion on the matter is mute.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
What needs to "trickle out" is ANY connections with the Katz Law Team and the Democrats from California. The SJC did really, really well to call in the Arizona expert to do the questioning - she didn't ask the questions that I would have liked, but she DID manage to show the inconsistency and to point out the LIES she could easily show.

A real "tell" on the Blasey Ford thing is that a single member of HER family has supported her allegations and NONE of them (Parents, 2 Lawyer Brothers - all living in the D.C. area) were at the hearing.

She stated under Oath to Mitchell that she had not even discussed any of this with them while she spent a week with them in August 2018. She was sneaking off "interviewing Lawyers".

That's not any part of "Normal". Blasey Ford acted like she was a 15 year old kid trying to hide something from Mommy & Daddy when she testified. NOT NORMAL
According to her husband, Ford "never received the respect and appreciation she thought she deserved from her parents."
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...ing-of-support

Tie that into her #1 most striking memory of the night in question, and it wasn't someone holding their hand over her mouth, or her fear of being raped or killed - it was "they were laughing at my expense." I think there's some serious issue with her emotionally and perhaps mentally, but I doubt that BK caused it. I think it runs a lot deeper than that one night at a party when she and everyone else was drinking.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:50 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He wasn't a defendant in that hearing, he's the nominee.
I understand. Which is why "due process" does not apply in a job interview.

Kavanaugh is supposed to be a man of the law. He lied consistently and behaving in a blatantly partisan manner. For those reasons alone he should not be confirmed.

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So it had nothing to do what was said or not said or how it was said? It came down to who looked better on paper? Who the person was, not what they said?

Well, when an accusation is made, it usually has some evidence to corroborate the story, so, when there is none, what is left to make judgement?

It isn't unlike a criminal trial where the defense's main witness is discredited because they have a history of lying/drug abuse, criminal record etc...

This isn't hard.

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The reverse would also be interesting to see.

The thing is, as many, many women have attested to here, you don't forget the person who assaulted you. You may not remember every detail of your surroundings, but you remember the face that is above you when they are assaulting you.

How about any detail, time, place, when, where....etc...

How about knowing if the letter you wrote to the senator difi is accurate without reading it again?

Old 10-01-2018, 09:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Well, to be fair, we know precious little about Ford since her background has been scrubbed.

Personally I think that was one of the reasons for the delay in presenting this to the public by Feinstein, to get some time to scrub her background and "online persona" but then, I'm a natural skeptic.

She met her husband on an online dating site for pete's sake. She was online. Now she's not. Interesting.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/russe...stine-husband/

Old 10-01-2018, 09:53 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
In a real court, they would have been cross-examined. Mark Judge can say anything he wants through his lawyer but that's not under oath being cross-examined. That's a whole different thing.
Mark Judge gave a sworn statement, lying means a felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies