Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:53 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This is my favorite Democrat argument. We smeared him and pi$$ed him off so he is now biased. Please.
The Democrats publicly smeared, slandered and humiliated Kavanaugh in a completely cowardly, dishonest, unprincipled and incredibly viscous manner. He responded by becoming angry and fighting back and they are insisting that is evidence of something being wrong with HIM.

These Democrat leftists are completely despicable, thoroughly nasty, thundering a-holes. It is they who are the problem here, not Judge Kavanaugh.

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
So what’s going to be happening in the center ring when Trump brings forth nominees for the soon-to-be-late Ginsburg, the now 80 y.o. Breyer, or the replacement for a strategic retirement by the Honorable Justice Thomas? 2024 gives plenty of time for all of these. He could even nominate Hillary just to initiate a proper investigation into her past. Oh, what’s that? Right... she has no law license...

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
The so-called report is absolutely worthless. No prosecutor would move forward on an accusation alone. All it shows is that a thorough investigation is needed. But it was 30 years ago and it would be extremely hard under any circumstances to come up with evidence that could prove the case either way. That is why we have statutes of limitations. It's, as SNL put it, a "she said, he yelled". We have to use our own gut on it. My gut is that BK did exactly what she said he did in one of his many, many drunken blackouts and has no recollection of it.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
According to her husband, Ford "never received the respect and appreciation she thought she deserved from her parents."
https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...ing-of-support

Tie that into her #1 most striking memory of the night in question, and it wasn't someone holding their hand over her mouth, or her fear of being raped or killed - it was "they were laughing at my expense." I think there's some serious issue with her emotionally and perhaps mentally, but I doubt that BK caused it. I think it runs a lot deeper than that one night at a party when she and everyone else was drinking.
Wow. I thought the most compelling moment of her testimony is when she described what it felt like listening to these two guys laughing at her as she was being held down and molested. I can't imagine what that felt like. What a disgusting thing to chide her on.

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The privilege of behaving in a way that he would never tolerate from anyone else in his own courtroom.
But he wasn't in a Courtroom and the situation he was put in would never make it to a Courtroom so your statements are pointless. He would never tolerate someone making unfounded and irrational accusations against someone else in his courtroom to begin with.

2,908 posts, read 3,874,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, to be fair, we know precious little about Ford since her background has been scrubbed.

Personally I think that was one of the reasons for the delay in presenting this to the public by Feinstein, to get some time to scrub her background and "online persona" but then, I'm a natural skeptic.

She met her husband on an online dating site for pete's sake. She was online. Now she's not. Interesting.

Kathryn, its not being skeptical, its pointing out the obvious.

They did the same with Hilary's email.. pooof, all gone.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:56 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Mark Judge gave a sworn statement, lying means a felony.
Let him be cross-examined under oath. Are you afraid he won't stand up to it?

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Wow. I thought the most compelling moment of her testimony is when she described what it felt like listening to these two guys laughing at her as she was being held down and molested. I can't imagine what that felt like. What a disgusting thing to chide her on.
I though the most compelling moment of her testimony is when she identified three fact witnesses who all unconditionally refuted and failed to confirm anything about her story.

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
It is not a criminal case, so it is irrelevant.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Who's chiding? I'm observing and taking note. As a rape survivor, I find it fascinating that out of all the things that supposedly happened to her, the overwhelming memory that is seared into her mind is two guys "laughing at her expense." It does seem to tie into her husband's statement that she felt she never received the respect and appreciation she deserved from her parents.

For a person with a degree in psychology, she sure seems to be rudimentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies