Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 10:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actions have consequences.

If you accuse someone of something as hideous as this, you better have proof. As hell hath no fury, in a day of reckoning.

Face it, Communism is in fear of it's extinction.
Do you understand how courts work at all, BentBow?

He would have to recuse himself.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think we are all saying that at the very least, we should assume she was actually molested.

Nobody knows who did it. Maybe he did. Maybe it was someone else and she was mistaken.

I'm amazed that so many people want to dismiss her and have no problems with him lying about how much he drank or his partisan commentary during the hearing.

Does anyone understand what is ACTUALLY desirable in a SCOTUS justice?
Yes, what is desirable in a SCOTUS Justice is for them to follow the Constitution as much as possible instead of trying to legislate from the bench.

Sometimes there are grey areas in the law, only then should judges follow their liberal or conservative opinions. Otherwise, they should the legislating to the elected representative of the American people in Congress.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
She told you herself her community......which is a very rich privileged one...…..is very supportive of her.

Lets put the death threats in perspective...…….sure that would be frightening...….but we all know that most of them are crazy nutjob keyboard warriors who will not be leaving their basements to harm anyone. Any serious ones, hopefully LEO is on top of it. And, like I said hopefully they make examples out of some of them on both sides.

All that being said, she also told you she has friends who can provide security...….sounded like professional security to me...….she didn't sound overly concerned. She and most likely many of her wealthy friends have more than one home. She apparently has lots of choices where to hang out in comfort until the crazies move on.

When this is over...….she will go back to her wealthy privileged cushy life...….in a place where she is surrounded by a community that will hail her as a liberal hero. What has she lost?
Her privacy. She isn't going to be living in a fortress.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:58 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia. View Post
Let's say he didn't rape her.
And somehow it's proven without a doubt
The way he's behaved, he in now way is fit to be SCOTUS

No matter what it's a double edged sword.
He should not even be a Judge little lone...

Let's say I call you an unfit mother because I claim to have seen you beat your child. You are found innocent, but you were really pissed off when the accusation came forward. Would the state be right to take your child because you got, what seemed to some, irrationally upset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Yes, what is desirable in a SCOTUS Justice is for them to follow the Constitution as much as possible instead of trying to legislate from the bench.
Okay... so he sat right there in the hearings and made it clear that he's not intending to treat anyone fairly if they seem like they might be Democrats.

How can anyone expect him to be an effective, impartial justice after saying all that crazy mess?

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actions have consequences.

If you accuse someone of something as hideous as this, you better have proof. As hell hath no fury, in a day of reckoning.

Face it, Communism is in fear of it's extinction.
If you didn't do there would be no proof so we know you are not speaking about your innocence here. There may not be proof if you did do it. Are you saying if the woman can't prove what you did to her you would release fury on her for coming forward?

Old 10-01-2018, 11:00 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Let's say I call you an unfit mother because I claim to have seen you beat your child. You are found innocent, but you were really pissed off when the accusation came forward. Would the state be right to take your child because you got, what seemed to some, irrationally upset?
Not everyone is cut out to be a Supreme Court justice.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Is she in the running for the head of Health and Human Services, perchance?

You'd need to throw the job interview in here for it to work, S5.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Not everyone is cut out to be a Supreme Court justice.

Kavanagh has a spotless record sitting on the second highest court in the nation for 12 years.

But, I guess we'll take a bunch of biased message board posters word for it.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Is she in the running for the head of Health and Human Services, perchance?

You'd need to throw the job interview in here for it to work, S5.

There would have to be a lot more variables added to equate it to this fiasco that we are witnessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies