Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 10:10 PM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Kavanaugh once farted in an elevator and then acted like it wasn’t him when he asked, “What’s that smell? Did someone fart?” CNN on the case!
The location they need to investigate fits them perfectly.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:11 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I wonder if Kavanaugh egged any homes on Halloween when ten years or younger?

CNN will call it Breaking News, if it happened.
Speaking of Halloween, we know who the top two scary masks will be.

Barbara Boxer, a former democrat California Senator is gushing about how since Kavanaugh raised his voice during the hearing, we can see how he could and would attack women.

A senator. Thank God an ex one, but we pay her $170,000.00 / year? What a GD rippoff.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I find it odd that so far to my knowledge anyway nobody out of all these people remembers the house or where it was, and such different accounts of who was there and who wasn’t, who left, how anybody got home or got there.
I would think there would be a general consensus of at least a half dozen people who could answer these questions and have the same answers. How hard can it be. I think there’s more people who remember stuff but in view of this blowup they’re afraid to speak out as now they’re all adults with careers, mortgages, families, and they don’t want to get involved whether it would help Kavanaugh or Ford. They want no part of it .
So far only one person has any recollection at all of this supposed party.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,388,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A person accuses a guy of attacking her 40 years ago at a place she can’t remember, a date she can’t remember, and everybody who she said was there said it didn’t happen. It’s astonishing that at least 30 percent of the population believes that on nothing more that “she must be believed!”
The potential witnesses did not say, "It didn't happen." They said they did not recall the incident. It's not the same thing. If someone were to ask me about a high school party I attended three decades ago, I would likely not remember specifics either, but that shouldn't be taken to mean that something someone else recalls as happening did not happen.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
No kidding. His professional reputation was already in the gutter. Now it’s subterranean.
With us anyway. It may be good for his practice though, but I think his presidential aspirations may be down the tubes now.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:19 PM

13,808 posts, read 8,039,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The left is going to claim the current week long investigation is invalid and too narrowly focused. Then they will call for a new "comprehensive" investigation with an open ended time frame at which point the nomination process will stall out until after the midterms. They only need one RINO such as Flake to go along with the plan.

Actually I think Flake did the Republicans a favor.

I don't believe Kavanaugh did this or there was ever such gathering.

But right now this is all about public perception.

At the end of the week and nothing new is found Kavanaugh goes to the court.

Expect the dems to switch gears and make this into an issue of Kavanaugh’s temperament.

But I don't think that will work. Kavanaugh was pissed off at the hearing and for many watching justifiable so.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:22 PM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The potential witnesses did not say, "It didn't happen." They said they did not recall the incident.
makes them a worthless witness.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I think they know her accusation is bunk. That’s why they waited last minute, used the media to create a frenzy, and didn’t address this in closed hearings earlier in the process when they had the letter. They knew this wouldn’t hold up,and only wanted a reason to cause delay which is why every single one of them asked for that delay. Every single one. And along comes the ambling idiot Jeff Flake who was bamboozled by his good friend Coons to deliver for them.
Yeah, but I’m starting to think this is a good thing as long as they stick to one week. It could end up repairing his reputation instead of being confirmed with that question mark on him.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:24 PM

20,128 posts, read 16,183,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The potential witnesses did not say, "It didn't happen." They said they did not recall the incident. It's not the same thing. If someone were to ask me about a high school party I attended three decades ago, I would likely not remember specifics either, but that shouldn't be taken to mean that something someone else recalls as happening did not happen.
Fine, you want to play semantics? This is the official statement from her life long friend:
Quote:
However, as my client has already made clear, she does not know Judge Kavanaugh and has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford
She did not say she didn’t recall meeting Bret Kavanaugh, she very positively states she does not know Bret Kavanaugh. This was supposedly a party of 5 people.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:25 PM

15,878 posts, read 6,346,191 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh once farted in an elevator and then acted like it wasn’t him when he asked, “What’s that smell? Did someone fart?” CNN on the case!
I think you mean he boofed. Have you boofed yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies