Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:24 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,455,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Now that woman has some issues, she makes Ford look sane and credible, lol.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:25 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,414,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Another Kavanaugh classmate speaks out. That anger he displayed during the hearing appears to just be another Thursday for him.

Kavanaugh’s Yale Friend: He Was an ‘Aggressive,’ ‘Belligerent’ Drunk
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kavana...eport?ref=home

“When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive,” the statement reads. “On one of the last occasions I purposely socialized with Brett, I witnessed him respond to a semi-hostile remark, not by defusing the situation, but by throwing his beer in the man’s face and starting a fight that ended with one of our mutual friends in jail.”

He will be making his statement officially tomorrow but provided it to The Washington Post today.
The only problem is that anything short of a Jeffery Dahmer-esque incident, Republican’s don’t care. They’ve actually said it. The President himself has set a new precedent for perceived bad behavior. Not even a sex tape would move the needle, that is where we are today.

Time isn’t on Kavanaugh’s side though. Republican leadership is fully aware of this, hence the rush to confirm.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:26 PM

21,536 posts, read 10,667,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Entire west coast. It was a pretty big thing at Oregon State when I was in grad school there - from 1981 to 1986.
Makes sense to me. Maybe it was big all over for all I know. It was this article and documentary I recently saw that it was big in those areas, but I could easily see Oregon getting it too. I wonder if it made it to Seattle? I always thought they were big on heroin up there, but maybe that’s just rock stars. Too bad Kurt Cobain didn’t do X to combat his depression instead of heroin. Maybe he’d be alive today.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:27 PM

366 posts, read 111,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
About Kav. temper: Sure he was pissed off at the hearing. Most people who saw their reputation being trashed by an untrue and particularly ugly allegation would be.

But why would Ford lie? I understand there are people in this country who wake up every morning bitter and obsessed with the fact Trump is president.

I think as time goes by it will come to light Dr. Ford is a bit of a nutter. And unlike others who hate Trump with an passion this woman was going to take her hatred/obsession to another level.
750k in gofundme money for a start

Old 09-30-2018, 09:29 PM

16,102 posts, read 6,444,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
About Kav. temper: Sure he was pissed off at the hearing. Most people who saw their reputation being trashed by an untrue and particularly ugly allegation would be.

But why would Ford lie? I understand there are people in this country who wake up every morning bitter and obsessed with the fact Trump is president.

I think as time goes by it will come to light Dr. Ford is a bit of a nutter. And unlike others who hate Trump with an passion this woman was going to take her hatred/obsession to another level.
Did you ever look into that article you posted that stated Dr Ford lied about the therapist/remodel timeline?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:30 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,097,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This reply is to L8Gr8Apost8 (and anyone else who keeps claiming that Kavanaugh was not open to an FBI investigation) who posted on the other thread:

I had to give the link in a rep comment since the other thread was closed and this wasn't open yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXAHAOdGOE

This is his full opening statement, not what has been cut down by certain media. At 02:24, he clearly states that he had told the Senate that he was open to any kind of investigation, "Senate, FBI, or otherwise". So can we please stop pretending that he was not open to an FBI investigation?

And since that appears to be the biggest problem most had with him, those who had a problem with him, was that he was not "asking" for an FBI investigation - which people don't do, are those people going to accept it when the FBI comes back and says they have re-closed the case?

He couldn't make the FBI open an investigation. It had to come from Senators. The left had all that time to do so, why didn't they? Why did they pretend that Kavanaugh was the only one who could do it?

Di-Fi sent the letter to the FBI and they investigated her allegations. They then returned the letter to the Senate and closed the case.

Now we have to sit here through another week of the same investigation that they already did because the Dem Senators lied about Kavanaugh not "asking" for an investigation. It was already done.

Absolutely nothing is going to come out of the investigation. What we do have now is yet another week for the left to pull out anyone they can find to make allegations, and then get them paid off through GoFundMe accounts.
Absolutely on this. Also as many stated in the other thread I believe that the Dems will want more investigations and will try to pull people out of the woodwork. I also believe that no matter who the nominee is this same witch hunt would take place as it’s killing time that’s the true goal here.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:31 PM

21,536 posts, read 10,667,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I do not know, there is working in the WH, and there is access to the president, two different things, but I imagine yes, but not know.
I think he had access to the president.

23,856 posts, read 13,847,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Makes sense to me. Maybe it was big all over for all I know. It was this article and documentary I recently saw that it was big in those areas, but I could easily see Oregon getting it too. I wonder if it made it to Seattle? I always thought they were big on heroin up there, but maybe that’s just rock stars. Too bad Kurt Cobain didn’t do X to combat his depression instead of heroin. Maybe he’d be alive today.
I'm sure it did. Portland and Seattle are sister cities when it comes to pop culture.

34,232 posts, read 17,323,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Nope, no way. They railroad a guy on false accusations and get away with it, that only encourages more of the same in the future. It’s time to take a stand.
Agreed.

Hopefully they stay firm, and these unsubstantiated claims do nothing to change the confirmation of Kavanaugh to come in a week or two.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:32 PM

17,575 posts, read 9,364,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
USA Today is no liberal rag:

"Even with Jeff Flake's FBI investigation, Brett Kavanaugh Is unfit to serve

After his intemperate tirade against Democrats, with his rancorous tone and belief in hostile conspiracies, Brett Kavanaugh has disqualified himself.

Kavanaugh was not simply angry; he was unhinged."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1454562002/
USA Today (this no liberal rag ). put out a story yesterday speculating that Judge Kavanaugh was a sexual predator of CHILDREN and should not be coaching his daughters basketball team.

I call THAT - "unhinged" ..... they were walking that back today, but too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies