Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 10:14 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,565,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I just read your link .

I am now at least 3 IQ points dumber.

if that's what you leftists have, then you need to seriously rethink what it means to think.
He lied. Period. Either deal with it or ignore it, but deflection makes you look dishonest.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:16 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,992,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump made lying acceptable. Now Conservatives are taking that to its next logical step. Even our SC judges now do not have to meet even that most basic bar of telling the truth under oath any more.

This is a direct result of normalizing Trump's misogyny and serial lying. It's become acceptable to a certain faction of the American public now.
Politicians have been getting a pass on lying (by their supporters) forever. Trump is a liar but he surely is not the first. Remember "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" lie?? ring a bell? They all lie.

2,818 posts, read 1,565,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What demeanor should someone have who has been accused of a heinous act, no evidence to support it. No witnesses that support it. The entire democrat party pronouncing him guilty. No trial no nothing.

I would be furious. IF you are honest you will admit that you would be too. Chuck Schumer is a political hack and part of the problem in DC known as career politicians.
I watched a man who coached baseball for years have a melt down when he was accused of abusing a player on his team. The man had a family. By all accounts a good man.
He was accused by a mother who never attended a practice, a game and didn't even know his name. He lost his cool. Anyone would have. He did nothing wrong. Like Ford this woman didn't have dates, places and her sole witness her son, pretty much denied it. Turns out woman was a bit of a drunk and loved her drugs. The crap never happened, but for about 3 months, the man and his family were terrorized. Who knows why she did it?
When your name is being destroyed by the system. When an entire political party is trying to pull a kangaroo court on you.. Yeah you get hot.
But you aren't a nominee for the Supreme Court; he is. His demeanor should represent grace under fire, and should show no partisanship, and he should tell no lies. He failed on all counts.

18,112 posts, read 27,611,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
The fact that he is a judge doesn't mean that he wouldn't perjure himself. Many judges have been removed from the bench for this and other crimes.
Doesn't mean he would perjure himself neither. But you had a point with this, right?

If you want to see what a lie is, in action, in 3d high definition, look no further than Matt Damon. That's an unmitigated unforced bold-faced lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Ford is the one making the accusation. Do you not believe that people are innocent until proven guilty? (don't bother answering...it's a rhetorical question...it's obvious you don't believe that people are innocent until proven guilty).
Of course not. They just want to try and stick it to their enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
BK raised his hand and promised to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Then he proceeded to violate that oath over and over. His supporters nuance his lies, but lie he did. Again and again he failed to tell the truth, or the whole truth, or nothing but the truth. That is indisputable. If a judge can't be held to the standard of honesty under oath, how can any witness? Appointing him to the court after his dishonesty is an affront to our entire judicial system.
It's all disputable. Y'all think Hillary Clinton won the three debates. Y'all think Hillary Clinton won the 2016 Presidential Election for God's sake.

You spin the color of the sky if you were down to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What demeanor should someone have who has been accused of a heinous act, no evidence to support it. No witnesses that support it. The entire democrat party pronouncing him guilty. No trial no nothing.

I would be furious. IF you are honest you will admit that you would be too. Chuck Schumer is a political hack and part of the problem in DC known as career politicians.
I watched a man who coached baseball for years have a melt down when he was accused of abusing a player on his team. The man had a family. By all accounts a good man.
He was accused by a mother who never attended a practice, a game and didn't even know his name. He lost his cool. Anyone would have. He did nothing wrong. Like Ford this woman didn't have dates, places and her sole witness her son, pretty much denied it. Turns out woman was a bit of a drunk and loved her drugs. The crap never happened, but for about 3 months, the man and his family were terrorized. Who knows why she did it?
When your name is being destroyed by the system. When an entire political party is trying to pull a kangaroo court on you.. Yeah you get hot.
I don't think he was that hot. He was tough as nails, not taking any garbage from these hack senators trying to nail bim, failing miserably.

Kavanaugh lead a stellar performance there and kicked all they ass. That's why the left is so pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump made lying acceptable.
You can keep your doctor. You can keep your healthcare plan. $2500.00 per year. You didn't build that. Those jobs aren't coming back. What, like with a cloth or something? No reasonable person would prosecute. Extreme carelessness. Vietnam veteran. Pocahontas. I did not have sexual relations with that woman. It depends on what the meaning of is is.

We see what you hacks are doing. Y'all don't want to talk about Hillary Clinton anymore. You don't want to talk about Ford, nor her nasty lies. You want to keep the focus on Kavanaugh.

You do you. You spend all of your waking moments trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I just read your link .

I am now at least 3 IQ points dumber.

if that's what you leftists have, then you need to seriously rethink what it means to think.
I hear ya.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-02-2018 at 10:49 AM..

8,444 posts, read 4,784,075 times
Since this whole thing is all about delaying the vote until after the midterms, the democrats should put out a list of nominees they would consider voting to confirm if they win the senate in November. And Merrick Garland's name should be at the top of that list. Let the people know what they can expect if they give the dems a victory. You never know, maybe the voters will like what they see.

16,234 posts, read 5,920,453 times
Quote:
His lies, as well as his paranoid and rabid partisanship (accusing the Democrats of a "conspiracy"), flatly disqualify him to serve on the Supreme Court.

As for the rest: we can't know, at this point--and perhaps we shall never know--who is innocent and who is guilty.
His rabid partisanship greatly reflects that of how the Dems came out pronouncing him guilty. If I were him I would have felt the same way and any sane person would. After all he has been accused and the Dems star witnesses can't even name a place, time and her own witnesses don't support her story. Yet that was good enough for the democrat party to destroy the man's name.

As for the lies. I have not debated that and won't now. My issue is attacking someone without a shred of proof. I don't feel our elected reps should be allowed to do that. That sets a nasty precedent that might become the norm. It is how developing countries disease justice.
Example you ask?
The Philippines war on drugs. Accuser says that person is a drug dealer. Bang Justified murder.
How about Iran taking hikers prisoner and accusing them of being spies?
Oh closer to home you say? How many black men were hanged down south for Rapes they didn't commit simply because little Jenny didn't want to admit to loving a black man?

Old 10-02-2018, 10:18 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,170 times
At this point in time, I really don't care about Kavanaugh's conduct over 35 years ago. Although it was and is reprehensible and Ford will be emotionally scarred for the rest of her life, accountability for his actions should have taken place many years ago, IMO. By not doing so, she became an enabler.
The real issue is the fact that Kavanaugh has proven himself to be unfit for the SCOTUS with his Senate testimony. He showed the nation he does not have the temperament, gravitas nor non partisan judgement skills necessary for the position.
The man has demonstrated that he is a partisan, biased, loose cannon unfit to be a judge in any judicial system.

As with all high powered individuals, it's never the crime that brings them down. it's the lying and cover up attempt after the fact that does them in.
It should sink Kavanaugh the same way it sunk Nixon and a host of other high powered individuals. It will ultimately sink Trump also.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,920,453 times
Quote:
But you aren't a nominee for the Supreme Court; he is. His demeanor should represent grace under fire, and should show no partisanship, and he should tell no lies. He failed on all counts.
Yeah I get it. That robe turns them into robots.
No partisanship? Are you serious? Ginsburg doesn't show partisanship? LMAO. Paaaaalease.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:22 AM

17,596 posts, read 9,379,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Who, besides you, said that Ford's family isn't supporting her?
Balsey Ford told Rachel Mitchell in the hearing that she spent a week with her family in August 2018 and that she still had never told them anything about her accusations of attempted rape.

That's pretty odd.

Add to that - NONE of Ford's family members have signed the I support Christine letters.
AND none of the Ford Family appeared at the Senate Hearing .... Mom, Dad, 2 Lawyer Brothers
ALL living in the D.C. area

Sound like "support" to you? Yeah, me either.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:23 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,784,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
At this point in time, I really don't care about Kavanaugh's conduct over 35 years ago. Although it was and is reprehensible and Ford will be emotionally scarred for the rest of her life, accountability for his actions should have taken place many years ago, IMO.
The real issue is the fact that Kavanaugh has proven himself to be unfit for the SCOTUS with his Senate testimony. He showed the nation he does not have the temperament, gravitas nor non partisan judgement skills necessary for the position.
The man has demonstrated that he is a partisan, biased, loose cannon unfit to be a judge in any judicial system.

As with all high powered individuals, it's never the crime that brings them down. it's the lying and cover up attempt after the fact that does them in.
It should sink Kavanaugh the same way it sunk Nixon and a host of other high powered individuals. It will ultimately sink Trump also.

It's like you cut and pasted this out of a talking points email. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies