Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 05:00 PM

16,102 posts, read 6,448,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
But in all fairness, they are just repeating what Schumer says on the Senate floor. Sometimes I wonder if they put out a memo with the talking points or the drones just repeat like a parrot.
Memo.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,634,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How are you so sure he's innocent? I'm not ready to call it especially since there is going to be more information coming forward. If he is guilty then what would you call how he acted?
My guess is that his drinking problem is still very alive and well.

Did no one notice the enlarged, red nose? I mean, he looks like he is still very much a heavy drinker.

10,512 posts, read 5,205,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and when Flake votes to confirm Kavanaugh, let's see how much the Dems will praise him.
I expect Flake to vote to confirm. He's got a history of saying he stands for higher principles but when it comes time to take a stand, he folds and falls into line. I have some hope that this time might be different, though.

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Good of the country?
He is a very divisive figure and if he is approved this will not go away, he will be heavily scrutinized if he is on the court. Every decision he makes will be questioned for years to come, and the OP is right his behavior last week was deplorable for someone that wants a spot on the high court. It would be better for everyone if he went away.

22,162 posts, read 9,725,570 times
Quote:
How are you so sure he's innocent? I'm not ready to call it especially since there is going to be more information coming forward. If he is guilty then what would you call how he acted?
Ok, see, here's the POINT YOU ARE MISSING. It doesn't matter, at this point if he did it. SHE DIDN'T PROVE IT AND THIS COUNTRY IS BASED ON THE PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. Do you seriously want to live in a country where just an accusation can bring a persons whole life down? That's Gestapo stuff. It's scares the bejeejuz out of me. Are you like, really young by any chance?

18,839 posts, read 8,521,153 times
Quote:
Do you disagree with Trump on how he handled that?
What Trump handles is no business of mine....

Old 10-02-2018, 05:02 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
You'll lose, he'll win.
We will all lose, this is not a game.

Do you really want someone on the SC that thinks this is a Clinton conspiracy.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:02 PM

18,839 posts, read 8,521,153 times
An ex-boyfriend of Julie Swetnick's says that the Brett Kavanaugh accuser never talked about being gang-raped but she did tell him about how she liked to have sex with multiple men at a time.

Dennis Ketterer, a former Democratic candidate for Congress, said in a statement that the Senate Judiciary Committee's Republican chairman shared with reporters, that a conversation with Swetnick 'derailed' when she revealed that she 'liked to have sex with more than one guy at a time.'

'In fact sometimes with several at one time. She wanted to know if that would be OK in our relationship,' he said. 'I asked her if this was just a fantasy of hers. She responded that she first tried sex with multiple guys while in high school and still liked it from time-to-time.'

'[b]ased on my direct experience with Julie, I do not believe her allegations against Mr. Kavanaugh,' he asserted.

Ketterer said that he is sensitive to the issue of sexual assault because he is himself a victim of of child molestation.

'I know what it’s like to be sexually assaulted and not be believed. I was 9 years old when it happened at the hands of my grandfather’s best friend,' his statement read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-guy-time.html

Old 10-02-2018, 05:03 PM

30,503 posts, read 23,945,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
...for the good of the country.

He does not have the judicial temperament or character to be a Supreme Court judge, a lifetime position.

He was crying, screaming, and disrespectful during hearings. We all saw it happen live. If that had been a woman, she'd have likely been called hysterical or even crazy.

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, his should step aside because of his outrageous, unflattering judicial behavior and multiple accounts of untoward behaviors in his past. This to save his family humiliation and the rest of us...from the anger and partisan attitude he exhibited and might continue to exhibit on the Supreme Court.
No.

He was not "screaming". Why the dramatics about that? He was crying because he was very upset at the attacks on his family. His entire body of work, everything that he has done, was under attack by an allegation that has, to this day, ZERO proof whatsoever. So what. He's human.

The fact remains, the Dems acted in a very disgusting way, and now the left wants to pretend that the bad actor here is Kavanaugh. No, he's not.

And by having him "step aside" it is absolutely not "for the good of the country" because it tells the scheming, lying Dems that they can continue these stupid games forever. It is absolutely the opposite of "good for the country".

Old 10-02-2018, 05:04 PM

11,184 posts, read 6,538,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
...for the good of the country.

He does not have the judicial temperament or character to be a Supreme Court judge, a lifetime position.

He was crying, screaming, and disrespectful during hearings. We all saw it happen live. If that had been a woman, she'd have likely been called hysterical or even crazy.

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, his should step aside because of his outrageous, unflattering judicial behavior and multiple accounts of untoward behaviors in his past. This to save his family humiliation and the rest of us...from the anger and partisan attitude he exhibited and might continue to exhibit on the Supreme Court.
TY for sharing this novel, unique idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies