Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 05:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am sorry about that. I told my daughters falsely accusing a man of something like that was only third below: murder, rape, purposely getting pregnant without man's consent and the false accusations. The last two are pretty on par with each other.
At it's core ..... it remains what Parent do their best to teach their kids about basics.

Right & Wrong

It's never "right" to do things that can destroy people's lives for personal/political gain. It's always "wrong" to not stand for the oppressed - whether you know them, like them .... or not. Some parents never bother to teach their children those basics, some try and either the lesson doesn't stick OR their kids get sucked into a Rubber Bubble that robs them of the entire concept of "right & wrong".

Falsely accusing a person of something you KNOW is not true is just as bad as doing whatever you accuse them of yourself. Kids need to be taught that early - my kids learned that. One learned it well, the other knows it, but still tries to escape - that virus thing they can catch in certain environments.

We do the best we can ..... it's NEVER good for your kids (or yourself) to subscribe to .....

The Ends Justify the Means - they sure won't "Justify the Means" if LIES are used against you are your loved ones. It's a really tough lesson to learn when you become the Victim of Ideology.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:40 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
The Havard students and alumni protest worked since he will not return.

He lied about terms like Dev*l's Triangle.

Kavanaugh said under OATH that he first learned of Ramirez's allegations in the New Yorker yet the FBI has text messages that shows he was in contact with her friends to support him.

He referred to himself and friends as obnoxious drunks in 1983.

His credibility is gone. But what do we expect if Trump picked him?
Lmao oh I gotta hear this....what did he lie about?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:41 PM

131 posts, read 54,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Still waiting...

Minnesota Democrats scalded by Ellison allegations

Ellison, a six-term congressman and deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee, won Minnesota’s Democratic primary for state attorney general days after a former girlfriend accused him of abusing her — an accusation Ellison denied.

Before the election, Austin Monahan, the son of Ellison’s ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan, posted on social media that he had found a video on his mother’s computer that he said showed Ellison “dragging my mama off the bed by her feet,” screaming profanities at her. Monahan has since said her son’s account is accurate but that she would not release the alleged footage.

Crickets from the Dems on this...
Many men have been released from prison having to spend half of their life in there. When the DNA results came back they didn't match. So the men were set free...but we have to put a stop to that because we must believe the women victim. This is America

Old 10-02-2018, 05:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He actually wasn't a divisive figure. He wasn't the most conservative choice of the four finalists.

All of the noise created by other people have made him a divisive figure. None of his work history turned up anything divisive.

He has just shown up and answered questions.

Everyone else has lost their minds.

Kavanaugh has long been a divisive figure. He almost didn't get his current job because he was considered TOO PARTISAN.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:42 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,393 times
He lies, and even today still seems to be an alcoholic (IMO), also, he seems to have mental health issues (crying/anger) at any moment. Is this someone that the citizens of the United States want on the Supreme Court? He really doesn’t belong there!

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
I'm glad he's standing his ground and I'm glad he's speaking out about this.

This faux outrage is all over a lie told by some random woman who's story has fallen apart by the day.

The Democrats are attempting to hold a man responsible for a sex abuse crime that he never committed....and others believe that he did do it, because someone abused them in the past in a similar situation.

There has been absolutely NO evidence to support her allegation. The only "credibility" that she has is a quivering voice. No witnesses, NO police report, NO forensics, and she didn't even tell ANYONE including her therapist. The ONLY person who she supposedly told about Kavanaugh was her husband :eyesroll:

None of this is prosecutable. However DEMs claim that this is just a "job interview" despite the fact that they are accusing him of a crime. That way they don't have to meet any actual standards and base their beliefs on how they feel in order to keep him out of a job.

and people actually use this crap to justify their reasons.....You can't make this stuff up!

Those who claim that she is credible basically want Kavanaugh to take responsible for EVERY woman who was ever sexually abused by a man because they can feel her "pain" from when they experienced it themselves even IF she can't provide an ounce of evidence.

It's actually ingenious when you think about it.

Last edited by itshim; 10-02-2018 at 05:56 PM..

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
At it's core ..... it remains what Parent do their best to teach their kids about basics.

Right & Wrong

It's never "right" to do things that can destroy people's lives for personal/political gain. It's always "wrong" to not stand for the oppressed - whether you know them, like them .... or not. Some parents never bother to teach their children those basics, some try and either the lesson doesn't stick OR their kids get sucked into a Rubber Bubble that robs them of the entire concept of "right & wrong".

Falsely accusing a person of something you KNOW is not true is just as bad as doing whatever you accuse them of yourself. Kids need to be taught that early - my kids learned that. One learned it well, the other knows it, but still tries to escape - that virus thing they can catch in certain environments.

We do the best we can ..... it's NEVER good for your kids (or yourself) to subscribe to .....

The Ends Justify the Means - they sure won't "Justify the Means" if LIES are used against you are your loved ones. It's a really tough lesson to learn when you become the Victim of Ideology.
How about some boundaries in there?

I taught my kid that no one was ever allowed to put their hands on her without her consent and vise versa. She didn't "owe" anyone being nice about it either lest she hurt their feelings.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:43 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again its not the FBI checks, the man has already been through six of them. its the slander he has had to endure from false allegations and a bunch of demonrats trying to get rid of trump and block the kavanaugh nomination, and all of this happening in the last couple of weeks.
Conjuring up weird conspiracy theories to try to explain away Kavanaugh's creepy past is Trumplings' new favorite activity, it seems.

Quote:
you wouldnt go through that either my friend.
The reality is that I'd never have to.

There isn't a series of mistreated women in my past, looking to air grievances.

Kavanaugh was part of a pretty nasty group of creeps.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:46 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Kavanaugh has long been a divisive figure. He almost didn't get his current job because he was considered TOO PARTISAN.
Yeah you're right, because he was only a District Court judge for say....15 years

Old 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,303 times
Trump's strategies have worked well enough so far. This is probably not the circus he planned, but he may still use it for some advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.