Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 05:24 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think we are all saying that at the very least, we should assume she was actually molested.

Nobody knows who did it. Maybe he did. Maybe it was someone else and she was mistaken.

I'm amazed that so many people want to dismiss her and have no problems with him lying about how much he drank or his partisan commentary during the hearing.

Does anyone understand what is ACTUALLY desirable in a SCOTUS justice?
I always lie about how much I drank. Being taken aback, and acting dismayed only leads to rifts. So I just lie by omission," I had about two(four) drinks".

Old 10-02-2018, 05:24 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Over half the country made that determination and that includes current judges AND the American bar Association.

So .
Yeah, here is what the ABA said about him...

ABA committee gives Kavanaugh a well-qualified rating

Old 10-02-2018, 05:25 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,822,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank God you don't serve in our Congress, no offense.
Thank God you don't. During his initial hearing, Kavanaugh wouldn't answer most questions put to him because he'd claim they were political in nature and that judges should be completely neutral with regards to politics. Fast-forward to his recent hearing, and he went on a full assault on the democratic party. He blew it. There is no way possible for him now to be an impartial judge. He should have kept his composure and stuck to the facts of the matter instead of making it political. No way he serves on the Supreme Court now.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:26 PM

45,554 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He is a very divisive figure and if he is approved this will not go away, he will be heavily scrutinized if he is on the court. Every decision he makes will be questioned for years to come, and the OP is right his behavior last week was deplorable for someone that wants a spot on the high court. It would be better for everyone if he went away.
He actually wasn't a divisive figure. He wasn't the most conservative choice of the four finalists.

All of the noise created by other people have made him a divisive figure. None of his work history turned up anything divisive.

He has just shown up and answered questions.

Everyone else has lost their minds.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:26 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
My guess is that his drinking problem is still very alive and well.

Did no one notice the enlarged, red nose? I mean, he looks like he is still very much a heavy drinker.
He's preparing for his Santa Claus appearance at the SC Christmas party.

Really, where are the allegations from law clerks, lawyers who appear before him, teachers and students where he's taught, etc., anyone who's been a colleague over the last 30 years. Why did the ABA's investigations turn up nothing to validate your 'guess.' Instead, ABA gave him the highest rating, with an excellent reputation for integrity and outstanding character.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:27 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
No. He sounded like a two year old bratty boy having a massive meltdown on national television.
So, if the FBI investigation yields nothing. What then?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
From the looks of his face - his love for beer is still ongoing.
I still love beer, myself.

I overindulged in my college days. And during my military days too, if you can believe that.

But I never used it as an excuse to behave like a creep and mistreat women.

It's not difficult to behave properly.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:28 PM

1,487 posts, read 781,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's a serious stretch to think that a woman would come forward with allegations like these and attract so much attention and wrath (and death threats) over a lie she fabricated. Especially someone who otherwise, by all accounts, very much valued her privacy.
So, are you saying this was orchestrated by another person/group of people?
I believe it could have all been contrived.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again its not the FBI checks, the man has already been through six of them. its the slander he has had to endure from false allegations and a bunch of demonrats trying to get rid of trump and block the kavanaugh nomination, and all of this happening in the last couple of weeks. you wouldnt go through that either my friend.
You don't know if they are false allegations. He should have handled that much better then he did. Crying and screaming isn't what a grown man should be doing. I wonder what he would have done if some idiot like him acted like that in his courtroom.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:29 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, if the FBI investigation yields nothing. What then?

Well he obviously lied under oath. "Beach week Ralph club" was not a reference to him heavily drinking (come on!!!) but instead his "weak stomach". The guy lied about small things that he didn't have to. He should have owned his heavy partying days. Lots of people did the same when they were young. Instead he lied about it and we cannot have a liar on the SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies