Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You keep saying "he lied" but have provided ZERO evidence of that other than you saying it. You do not have insight into those terms because you were not part of his circle.

He did not lie and YOU KNOW IT.
Gosh--maybe if you go to the COLOR font it will be more impressive...and threatening...

Old 10-03-2018, 06:51 PM

18,028 posts, read 27,479,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Yes, he did! Anyone with a brain knows he did. He lied about the yearbook terms.

I think he lied about bufu. What's the statue of limitations on bufu?

Old 10-03-2018, 06:53 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That wasn'''t all he lied about.
He lied about his drinking
No. He did not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOr808UXOgE

Quote:
He lied about his familiarity with hard partying
No. He did not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOr808UXOgE

Quote:
He lied about how Debbie Ramirez felt about him and why and when he learned of her revealing that assault
This accusation is based on one person claiming that text messages were sent. And yet, the FBI did not respond to her allegations. So, the MSM ran like the shrieking harpies that they are, and told all of America that "Brett Kavanaugh may have lied, blah, blah, blah" without any proof whatsoever, and knowing full well that the left will remove the word 'may' and turn something that someone said happened into something that actually happened with no corroborating evidence whatsoever.

Again.

Quote:
He lied about anything when the truth would have put a negative check on the Brett's Faults List--
This is not fact. This is your partisanship showing.

Quote:
....That is just about as tacky and partisan as you could expect from McConnell the Goiter of the Senate...
He has done everything he can to compromise any truth that might be available which to me suggests he knows there is lot of dirt to be had
But he doesn't care what a tarnished man he puts on the Supreme Court
No. This is just about as tacky and partisan as you could expect from the Democrats. They said they would do everything to take him down, and they are showing their asses to the world.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Nope. He had 45 days and resigned instead. Never disbarred just threatened with it.

You are simply demonstrating that English newspapers are a poor place to get US news.

And he paid a $25,000 fee to Arkansas, was fined $90,000 by the judge in the Jones case for the lying under oath and ended up paying Jones $850,000 to go away.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
650+ Law professors have signed a strong petition against BK. WOW! I trust these professors over Trump.

Judicial temperament is one of the most important qualities of a judge. As the Congressional Research Service explains, a judge requires “a personality that is even-handed, unbiased, impartial, courteous yet firm, and dedicated to a process, not a result.” The concern for judicial temperament dates back to our founding; in Federalist 78, titled “Judges as Guardians of the Constitution,” Alexander Hamilton expressed the need for “the integrity and moderation of the judiciary.”
We are law professors who teach, research and write about the judicial institutions of this country. Many of us appear in state and federal court, and our work means that we will continue to do so, including before the United States Supreme Court.

We regret that we feel compelled to write to you, our Senators, to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Sept. 27, Judge Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land.

The question at issue was of course painful for anyone. But Judge Kavanaugh exhibited a lack of commitment to judicious inquiry. Instead of being open to the necessary search for accuracy, Judge Kavanaugh was repeatedly aggressive with questioners.

We have differing views about the other qualifications of Judge Kavanaugh. But we are united, as professors of law and scholars of judicial institutions, in believing that he did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land.

Signed, with institutional affiliation listed for identification purposes only, by the following:

See the names in the link:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rs-letter.html

Am I the only one who hates Trump and despises. Kavanaugh and thinks there is no chance he won't get enough votes???
I am grateful that the. National Council of Churches and these. Law professors have come out to protest Kavanaugh's appointment but unless they have some clout (read votes or money) to use against the GOP senators, their comments are worthless...

Does anyone really think that Jeff Flake is going to vote NO and he was the one persuaded to dig in his heels for an FBI investigation yet he still voted YES out of committee-what good did an FBI investigation do???
Nothing because Kavanaugh was not questioned again
Ford was not questioned again although Grassley is acting like a turd about getting more info from her when he would not allow her therapist or the polygraph operator to testify DURING THE HEARING as they both offered to do...

The GOP has bought so wholeheartedly into Trump's playbook that I am beginning to suspect that even more of them have ties to Russian/dirty money than I previously thought and they believe they need Kavanaugh to protect themselves from Mueller's investigation at some point...
Graham certainly seems to be so afraid of some blackmail being used against him he has literally been transformed into someone 180 degrees from the Graham of the campaign and early days of the Trump administration...
Grassley is just a crotchety old fool--
If there was a picture perfect example of why term limits are better for the country he and Orin Hatch would be the Ben and Jerry mockup...

Old 10-03-2018, 06:58 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This is insane. This is why you lose elections. A man attempts to defend his honor against unfounded allegations and you say its proof he’s a sexual assaulter.
Sorry, all I saw was a partisan hack politician poorly displaying an attempt to dodge questions from 1/2 the room.
All I saw was a combative, sulking, whimpering, raging little boy who in his paranoid mind "wasn't being believed"....because he was being asked a few clarification questions by the adults in the room.
It is indicative of guilt.

And I think he threw back a few for " courage" to come out swinging to distract from the issues.
It s a liars.. go to.

Honor? I think not.
He s a never was.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
And did you expect to see any Democratic voters at that rally--
That would be risking life and limb with that crowd...

And your point is what---that he has people who support him???
Duh...
We know that there are people who are part of the Trump cult...
We feel sorry for them and hope they wake up at some point and realize how they are manipulated

But face it--
Those people were the same hard-shell GOP voters before Trump showed up...
Last time TN was Democratic was probably during the Depression
And that might be what it takes to awaken them...

Old 10-03-2018, 07:03 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Am I the only one who hates Trump and despises. Kavanaugh and thinks there is no chance he won't get enough votes???
I am grateful that the. National Council of Churches and these. Law professors have come out to protest Kavanaugh's appointment but unless they have some clout (read votes or money) to use against the GOP senators, their comments are worthless...

Does anyone really think that Jeff Flake is going to vote NO and he was the one persuaded to dig in his heels for an FBI investigation yet he still voted YES out of committee-what good did an FBI investigation do???
Nothing because Kavanaugh was not questioned again
Ford was not questioned again although Grassley is acting like a turd about getting more info from her when he would not allow her therapist or the polygraph operator to testify DURING THE HEARING as they both offered to do...

The GOP has bought so wholeheartedly into Trump's playbook that I am beginning to suspect that even more of them have ties to Russian/dirty money than I previously thought and they believe they need Kavanaugh to protect themselves from Mueller's investigation at some point...
Graham certainly seems to be so afraid of some blackmail being used against him he has literally been transformed into someone 180 degrees from the Graham of the campaign and early days of the Trump administration...
Grassley is just a crotchety old fool--
If there was a picture perfect example of why term limits are better for the country he and Orin Hatch would be the Ben and Jerry mockup...

You have a valid point but it's better to speak out than stay stagnant in the pool of hypocrisy and corruption in this country under the wannabe dictator Trump. Vote in November.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:05 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,289,066 times
Only ONE copy of the FBI report is to be made available to all senators on Thursday.
Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Only one copy is being made available to senators, and each party will take turns viewing it in one-hour increments, Durbin said.

"Get this - one copy! For the United States Senate," he said. "That's what we were told. And we were also that we would be given one hour for the Dems, one hour for the Republicans. Alternating.
"We tried to reserve some time to read it. That is ridiculous," he said. "One copy?!"
"Bizarre, it doesn't make any sense," he added.
So, we have:
  1. The president shaming a reported sexual assault victim. Not proven otherwise.
  2. Forty reported witnesses who have been attempting to be heard by the FBI but have not been.
  3. The two primaries, Blasey-Ford and Kavanaugh, who reportedly haven't been interviewed by the FBI.
  4. Stonewall Mitch McConnell orchestrating from behind the scenes to pull Kavanaugh's bacon out of the fire and to obstruct anything that would do otherwise.

If this were a court investigation instead of a Senate requested FBI investigation, there would be a name for it. Marsupial related.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Sorry, all I saw was a partisan hack politician poorly displaying an attempt to dodge questions from 1/2 the room.
All I saw was a combative, sulking, whimpering, raging little boy who in his paranoid mind "wasn't being believed"....because he was being asked a few clarification questions by the adults in the room.
It is indicative of guilt.

And I think he threw back a few for " courage" to come out swinging to distract from the issues.
It s a liars.. go to.

Honor? I think not.
He s a never was.
I think after the work they did prepping him for Thursday they knew he had a short fuse and couldn't keep his temper so they just decided it was better for him to start mad (with his opening statement) and then he didn't have to lose his cool under Democratic questioning (although he did actually get more belligerent with some Dems during questioning)...
So I think that was a Don McGahn strategy to try to lessen the impact of a petulant, partisan candidate for Supreme Court looking/sounding like Nikita Kruschev (?) before the UN pounding his shoe on the desk yelling, "we will bury you"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies