Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:09 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,956,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He's probably going to get confirmed now that the accusations have proven to be unsubstantiated. He didn't lie or perjure himself, and he is no more partisan than any other judge who's registered with a particular political party. Although I'm sure he's pissed off about the way he was treated like most of the country is.

So many misstatements in one post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 09:13 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,921,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why didn't that "rule" apply when Garland was nominated by President Obama? He wasn't even given a hearing for over a year...until the Republicans ran out the clock.
LMAO The Dems would be doing it right now if they could,.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:47 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Obama did that and got a second term. WTH

But underneath that aloof exterior lurks a hot temper and foul mouth capable of hurling obscenities, according to someone who knows him very well.

In the new book, “Believer: My Forty Years in Politics,” former Obama strategist David Axelrod reveals how the president once viciously chewed him out as he was preparing Obama for his 2012 debate with Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
“Motherf—-r’s never happy,” Obama said, according to Axelrod, before tearing out of the room.

https://www.amazon.com/Believer-My-F.../dp/0143128353

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2015/02/revealed...5H2TxdMV7hz.99

Let's NOT leave out hillary who the dems wanted to be president and ran TWICE.

But hey, she is dem and all is OK.

" THE NEXT DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE?? IN HER OWN WORDS! (adults only)
XXX LANGUAGE

Wow, she is not only ugly on the outside but a pretty ugly animal on the inside also. Nice language but these are her actual words.

"Where is the Goddamn ****ing flag! I want the Goddamn ****ing flag up every morning at ****ing sunrise."

-From the book "Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler, p.244- Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor's
mansion on Labor Day 1991

"**** off! It's enough I have to see you ****-kickers every day, I'm not going to talk to you too!! Just do your
Goddamn job and keep your mouth shut."

-From the book "America Evita" by Christopher Anderson, p.90- Hillary to her State Trooper body guards after
one of them greeted her with "Good Morning"

"If you want to remain on this detail, get your ****ing ass over here and grab those bags!”
-From the book "The First Partner" p.259- Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident.

"Stay the **** back, stay the **** back away from me! Don't come within ten yards of me, or else! Just ****ing do as I say, Okay!!?"
-From the book "Unlimited Access" by Clinton FBI Agent in Charge, Gary Aldrige, p.139- Hillary screaming
at her Secret Service detail.

"Where's the miserable **** sucker!"
-From the book "The Truth About Hillary" by Edward Klein, p.5- Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer.

"You ****ing idiot"
-From the book "Crossfire" p.84-Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event.

"Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!
-From the book "Dereliction of Duty" p.71-72- Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while en route to Air Force One.

"Come on Bill, put your dick up! You can't **** her here!!"

-From the book "Inside the White House" by Ronald Kessler, p.243- Hillary to Gov. Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female.

This ill-tempered, violent, loud mouth, hateful and abusive woman wants to be your next president and have total control as commander and chief of our Military, the very Military for which she has shown incredible disdain throughout her public life.

Surely the people of the United States can easily do better than this.

Old 10-05-2018, 09:50 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
This isn't about enjoying a beer. I'm not buying you don't know that.

The other guy didn't lie about doing cocaine.

And "enjoying beer" IS no big deal. Look who's in the White House. He's been accused of enjoying lots of beer.

"He's been accused of enjoying lots of beer."

He ADMITTED to drinking a "lot" of beer BUT, NEVER to the point of passing out or forgetting ANYTHING.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Old 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,946,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It didn't happen. I live in the DC area. On local talk radio, a woman called in who knew of Ford back in the day. She said that Ford was a "known tramp" who had to be sent to California to live with relatives because her parents could not control her.
Lol... Clearly the talk radio call in proves it didn't happen.

Way to use some strong logic.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:06 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,086,815 times
Quote:
Why didn't that "rule" apply when Garland was nominated by President Obama? He wasn't even given a hearing for over a year...until the Republicans ran out the clock.
It most certainly did apply, Democrats lost a midterm, lost political power and "Elections have consequences, you lost, get over it"

Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM

13,704 posts, read 20,869,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol... Clearly the talk radio call in proves it didn't happen.

Way to use some strong logic.

I agree with you.

It is about as absurd as weaponizing beer drinking as a tactic.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:22 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,946,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I agree with you.

It is about as absurd as weaponizing beer drinking as a tactic.
I don't disagree. The drinking is really irrelevant for me.

There are other concerning qualities, such as how he has acted today and the words he uses in his defense.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 AM

33,550 posts, read 12,786,051 times
Quote:
It did.

'Elections have consequences' includes Senate elections.

In January of 2009 President Obama had a party majority in the Senate and, on January 23rd 2009, President Obama said to Republican Rep. Eric Cantor "Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won".

Old 10-05-2018, 10:24 AM

13,704 posts, read 20,869,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I don't disagree. The drinking is really irrelevant for me.

There are other concerning qualities, such as how he has acted today and the words he uses in his defense.
Yes I am sure you needed the smelling salts after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies