Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 09:41 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,386,826 times

Advertisements

Burkas should be made mandatory in the US. It's worked elsewhere!

Old 10-03-2018, 09:45 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,990,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There seems to be a lot of controversy around this issue. Although there is little debate that women are not responsible for sexual assaults, do they have a duty to protect themselves? If so, how? Avoiding being alone? Not drinking to excess, avoiding skimpy clothing, what? Many individuals of both genders have expressed this opinion. And if she doesn't protect herself in whatever way is deemed necessary or fitting, is the perpetrator less at fault if an assault happens?

Well, IMO, EVERYBODY has a duty to protect themselves.
It may be a trite aphorism, but the fact is "When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"
Remember, the Supreme Court has said that the police have no duty to protect you. They investigate the crime after it happens, in hopes of catching the perpetrator.
So, if you don't protect yourself in any way you can, who do you suppose is going to step up and do it?
It doesn't matter if you become a 3rd degree Black Belt in Karate, or carry a weapon (legally, of course), or carry bear spray. Do whatever it takes to protect yourself.
"you got to walk that lonesome valley,
You got to walk it by yourself...
Nobody else can walk it for you..."

Even on a crowded city sidewalk, you are on your own!
It is a fact of life, deal with it!

Old 10-03-2018, 09:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,889,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Except we're aware of cases where both parties blacked out and that turned into rape charges.

Common sense works, but isn't so common.
I wouldn't be surprised. I bet women after drinking with a person and blacking out at some point later on have secret discussion among each other if they might've been raped. And sometimes it's reported but is so flimsy the accused is not even contacted.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineyards99 View Post
Hahahaha. I have never seen that either.
Well it happened to me, and she was hot looking and it wasn't a low class establishment, and no complaints.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Except we're aware of cases where both parties blacked out and that turned into rape charges.

Common sense works, but isn't so common.
Yes, but the charges are from the State.

The People vs. John Doe is heard before the court not Jane Doe vs. John Doe. John Doe may or may not have raped Jane but it's The People (State) who is the plaintiff even though John didn't rape everyone in a specific judicial jurisdiction.

Since the government has a monopoly on prosecution, imprisonment, and force in general it has the final say in how the case is resolved.

HINT: This is why private personal contracts, private courts, and private police are VASTLY superior to an involuntary centralized authority...but I digress.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I don’t believe women have those type of conversations. You have been reading too many conspiracy theories.

Rape is usually a very personal matter that people don’t go around discussing.
I completely believe women discuss their sex lives with the female friends and especially discuss any guy they think might have potentially crossed a line even an imaginary one.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Maybe she was looking for clients. After all it was a low class establishment.
It wasn't a low class establishment and no prostitutes ever work in the area. It's not like vegas.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,389,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I completely believe women discuss their sex lives with the female friends and especially discuss any guy they think might have potentially crossed a line even an imaginary one.
Not really. Some women do, but not all. I have never discussed my sex life with friends.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Not really. Some women do, but not all. I have never discussed my sex life with friends.
I'm talking about the kind of women single and drinking alone with guys.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,393,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't know if women discuss rape or any other form of sexual assault with others.

I do have 6 sisters though. The consensual sex talk that went on between them and their friends I overheard growing up would make any man blush.

Whoa!

Not sure what happens in adulthood though. Eventually we all got our own places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies