Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 09:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And I love this extreme nonsense of 'we have to stay inside like prisoners' as though anyone is telling you to do that.
They did. On this very forum. In one of the many threads before exactly like this one. Burkas have been mentioned in this very thread. Burkas.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Nope, but where are the threads about teaching boys and men? They are all like this. Putting everything on the women. That is all that is EVER talked about ANYWHERE.
So start a thread on it instead of hijacking this one since you were so keen on everyone sticking to a specific subject.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Everything said can and should be flipped. Boys and men, when you go into the home of a woman or she comes into yours, that is NOT consent to sex. Every boy should be taught that. And if you can't control yourself, if you feel rapey, DON'T GO/DON'T LET HER IN.

A lot of HS dating is being at one another's houses. How that usually went for me was that there was no hanky panky in my house, because we were afraid of my Dad, but at their houses, their parents DIDN'T CARE.

I had to stay in the LR, and my Dad or SM was likely at any moment to 'pop in'. (They had to take turns staying awake to supervise these dates).

At the boy's houses, we could go in their room, door shut, ignored. That is part of this culture. More permissiveness for the boys.

I stayed the night many times with one boy (we were not having sex, but his parents didn't know that). I didn't even have to sneak. They'd invite me to breakfast.

I was shocked when I dated a man in college and his mother would come home and find his door closed and freak out. She said why on earth would you make her (me) uncomfortable like that?

Which was good, but why was it still about ME? Why wasn't it about his chastity. His reputation, etc.

Because it's ok for boys and men and not women and the math doesn't really allow for that unless every boy and man has sex with Suzy the ****, and treats the other women with grudging 'respect to wait.

This is a societal problem with a lot of roots.
The thing feminist don't appreciate is males are in a Darwinian struggle of sexual competition. Feminist seem to think being a male is just like being a female where you just sit on your butt and reject perfectly fine women over 9 times of 10, except better because there's no sexual mores placed on males.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So start a thread on it instead of hijacking this one since you were so keen on everyone sticking to a specific subject.
I'm discussing this topic. My answer to the question of the thread title is no. I do not have a DUTY to do the impossible. Men have the duty not to assault. Parents have a duty not to teach double standards that in part lead to this problem.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The thing feminist don't appreciate is males are in a Darwinian struggle of sexual competition. Feminist seem to think being a male is just like being a female where you just sit on your butt and reject perfectly fine women over 9 times of 10, except better because there's no sexual mores placed on males.
That is the problem.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
They did. On this very forum. In one of the many threads before exactly like this one. Burkas have been mentioned in this very thread. Burkas.

I just looked it up and you're right - burkas were mentioned. By women. NO man suggested or implied women should wear a burka - this is just the typical overreaction I was referring to.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:48 PM

It's too late when men are made to go to sexual harassment seminars at work. Their behavior is already set. It needs to be taught at home and at school like it is for girls. My teen magazines were filled with all of the anti-rape advice. Magazines for boys do not have similar instructions on how to avoid crossing lines. They teach how to cross lines. How to get her into bed.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I'm discussing this topic. My answer to the question of the thread title is no. I do not have a DUTY to do the impossible. Men have the duty not to assault. Parents have a duty not to teach double standards that in part lead to this problem.
We get it. You feel you cannot do anything that could reduce the odds you might be sexually assaulted. That's your choice. That doesn't mean such measures don't exist - it simply means you don't take them seriously. Again, that's your choice and nobody here cares what you do.

You're completely powerless, the opposite of what I consider a strong, fierce woman. So you'd be a perfect target for a predator, given the people they go after.

Good luck with that.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
That is the problem.
It's not a problem when females control the whole mating process and it's a very iffy proposition that a particular male is selected . Feminist want all the privileges with no responsibilities.

Old 10-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I understand the power structure. It's inherently in favor of females. We can decide when we go to a bar 'I am going to have sex tonight' and we can. It's a little harder for men who are not the kind that easily draw women into one night stands. I get it. It's no excuse to be rapey. And maybe you and other men like you are not accepting women who would accept you. You want the prettiest ones but you are not goodlooking enough or charming enough to draw them - it works both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies