Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 AM

50,898 posts, read 36,586,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Oh good grief
I’m a 66 year old woman — no man has ever forced me to sit down, or forced me to shut up, or gotten away with whatever they wanted......

Have there been men who act like jerks or are abusive? Of course, just like there are women who act like jerks and are abusive also.
It’s really not accurate or fair to take that post out of the context of the poster she was arguing with who began by declaring women will soon be irrelevant and how sorry we will be that we dared open our mouths against our benefactors. She was simply lashing back, which may not be the best way, but context is everything.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:40 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,118,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Your characterization of 'fringe' and 'vile hatred' is incorrect. I have to tell you, I don't think MGTOW is fringe at all. I'm a very blessed man in that I'm happily married with a beautiful family, so this doesn't apply to me personally. But my wife and I are leaning towards not having another child, in case the child ends up being a boy. Because things are so bad for men nowadays that it wouldn't be fair to put a boy in that position.

That's not to say everyone in the movement is a good person with noble intentions. Or even that I support the movement as a whole, because I believe in the power of nuclear families.
Maybe I have just come across too many "redpill ragers" (I didn't make that term up, just seems to describe what I see).
I feel sad about the reason you give for not having another child. I wish I could have a son. But of course it is good for couples to decide about their families.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:59 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,723,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I think I read that English is not your first language. I don't understand what you are saying, ruthless about minor things. The man I love is many things, I would never say ruthless. He can lead but he can also follow. He's incredibly genuine, concerned and loving. He would definitetly be classified as a nice guy. Why wouldn't I want a man who loves me with all his heart and stands by my side always. I do the same for him.

He is strong when I need him but he can show emotion, and express problems around me too. I love all of him and don't expect him to be some stupid sterotype of what a man should be. We are both human beings with the full range of human emotions, various abilities and strengths. We both have careers and share responsibilities. All human beings have masculine and feminine traits. The traits vary in how they manifest in each of us. I do not believe in putting people in a box based on ther gender.

All a feminist really is is someone who believes in equal rights and equal opportunity for everyone regardless of gender. Everyone has a right to try to achieve anything, whether they succeed or fail should be based on their work and ability, not their gender. Many men are feminists too. Some men try to portray feminists as though all who believe in equal opportunity are like the most extreme, far outlier women who say stupid things like "all sex is rape." Very few women buy into that nonsense. All women are not the same, and most are not looking for special privileges, they just want to be fully human and not defined by their gender.
Then why use that label? Just use humanist, equalist or egalitarian at least.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
If you can't acknowledge that (some, not all) women report sexual harassment as a tactic to get ahead, keep their jobs, or get any easy money payoff, you are just being willfully dishonest.

The threat of false allegations looms over the head of every man in the workplace. That's something that is very hard to deal with.
Lol even I know this and I haven't been full time into the workforce yet

Old 10-07-2018, 12:38 PM

720 posts, read 501,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I think a lot of people have handled the big SJW movement toward all liberal interest groups the same way. Many people are simply avoiding situations where they come into contact with feminists, gays and minorities. It’s easier and safer to avoid them then it is to play the game. Who wants to be accused? Have their words analyzed for hidden racial or social meanings. Many white people will simply and quietly go to the polls and vote for republicans like they did in 2016. Our only defense to being ruled by the politically correct is to vote to keep them far from the levers of power.

Sadly I think this is what is going to be the outcome. Nobody is going to want to worry about being called racist, sexist, or homophobe, so people are going to become even more cliquish than they already were.

I don't harbor any ill-will against any group of people, but I do know that in life, being a Good Hang will get you very far, yes even in business. If people like being around you, if they feel like they can talk to you and you'll listen to them and won't be defensive or combative, that will take you far. If people feel like they have to tiptoe around you because you're an EEO complaint waiting to happen, don't be surprised when you're the one everybody leaves you alone.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Default The upcoming silent backlash against women

Any of you Trumplings old enough to recall what happened in 1992 after Clarence Thomas was narrowly shoved onto the supreme court in 1991?

And just think...

That election was a full year after.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Woman

Old 10-07-2018, 01:25 PM

I wouldn't be hyping up female obsolence if we also stopped bragging about how women don't need men anymore

Also, again I wouldn't call anyone a feminist than if I stopped being accused of having sexist beliefs

No just admit it you hate nice guys and want bad guys because they know how to lead, that's the truth... The fabric that is getting created by a lot of social engineering

Also feminism killed the nice guy if you think about it

"increasing his power and rewarding him with more sexual delights than he could have experienced since the days of Itzcoatl. The nice guy is weak and starved, left sexless and alone, a pathetic specimen resigned to the brunt of jokes in beer commercials and crappy sitcoms. If he wants to be procreate, he has no choice but to rise from the ashes a sexist. The more of those beliefs he accepts, the more he’ll get what he wants in the world we currently live in."

Women have had this social conditioning for the past few decades...

Look at black community, there is the big dilemma of wanting a thug or a simp...

Old 10-07-2018, 01:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
What biz owners out there are going to be wild about hiring women after this crazed "I wuz raped and molested by ------- fill in the blank". Liberalism appears to be short sighted, and these crazies getting temp revenge have probably set women back 50 years.

Again, no surprise. Even before this latest spectacle, we read that an increasing number of men don't want to mentor women in the workplace. And those who do, insist on having others present. The informal "business lunch" has gone the way of the dodo--but not for men. And HR departments are advising men to not be alone with women.

With placards reading Men are trash and Believe all women being hoisted by unhinged women, who can blame them? If women's allegations against men are to be believed from the getgo, then it follows that men are guilty simply by virtue of having been accused.

How ironic that this irrational stand by women has undermined their own goal of equality with men.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There is going to be a backlash all right, but it's going to go the other way. Women compromise more than 50% of the population. Our days of sitting down, shutting up, and allowing men to get away with whatever they please is over.

We're in the 21st Century now. It's a new era. Get used to it.

^^
Proof, yet again, that liberals think that women are a monolith.

I hate to burst your bubble, but not only do we not all hate men, but we're also not all liberals.

Not by a long shot.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:42 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,118,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I wouldn't be hyping up female obsolence if we also stopped bragging about how women don't need men anymore

Also, again I wouldn't call anyone a feminist than if I stopped being accused of having sexist beliefs

No just admit it you hate nice guys and want bad guys because they know how to lead, that's the truth... The fabric that is getting created by a lot of social engineering

Also feminism killed the nice guy if you think about it

"increasing his power and rewarding him with more sexual delights than he could have experienced since the days of Itzcoatl. The nice guy is weak and starved, left sexless and alone, a pathetic specimen resigned to the brunt of jokes in beer commercials and crappy sitcoms. If he wants to be procreate, he has no choice but to rise from the ashes a sexist. The more of those beliefs he accepts, the more he’ll get what he wants in the world we currently live in."

Women have had this social conditioning for the past few decades...

Look at black community, there is the big dilemma of wanting a thug or a simp...
If you're going to quote someone's views as you did, you should specifically name them or link to their site. Goes for any topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies