Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 12:42 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No, YOU took the bait. This is what that edited clip leaves off.

"Republicans are afraid of that contrast in a race because they are going to go there to be involved in trickle‑down economics, shutting down hospitals, and the rest of it. So they don’t want them to see that contrast. So they focus on something else. And it’s a diversionary tactic. It’s a self‑fulfilling premise. You demonize and then you – we call it the wrap‑up smear. If you want to talk politics, you call it the wrap‑up smear. You smear somebody with falsehoods and all the rest, and then you merchandise it. And then you write it, and they will say, ‘See, it’s reported in the press that this, this, this, and this,’ so they have that validation that the press reported the smear, and then it’s called the wrap‑up smear. ‘Now I’m going to merchandise the press’s report on the smear that we made.’ It’s a tactic, and it’s self‑evident."

Or watch for yourself starting at 26:30. https://www.c-span.org/video/?430348...support-caucus

So ironic that you are unwittingly (or purposefully) doing precisely what she's talking about in this video.
The Dems have performed this masterfully in the last two months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 12:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, when I think Ruth Bader Ginsburg, she is the face of non-partisanship and impartiality. Please. You and other Democrats aren’t even trying that hard anymore. You love RBG and all of her partisanship and partiality.
I don't think Ginsberg should have said what she said.

But I think that's been nullified byrecent events and now we all know what we're dealing with. A court that is anything bur impartial.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:46 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The Dems have performed this masterfully in the last two months.
Typical, "I know you are but what am I?", right-wing nonsense.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:54 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Racism, sexism and discrimination at play.
One black hire in 13 years? Out of 100 law clerks hires, she hired only one black? Ginsburg is obviously a racist but Dems seem to approve of her.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:55 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Typical, "I know you are but what am I?", right-wing nonsense.
But it was the Ds that ran the obviously coordinated smear campaign. Didn't even try to hide it, well barely. "Beach friend" FBI agents, lol.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:33 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There. Is. No. Democrat. War. On. Men. Why are white men all of a sudden so whiney?
I am not a man, nor am I white. The perception that the Democratic Party has declared war on Christian, straight, white men is rooted in actions and words that make it look like that is exactly what has happened. Just go watch the tape of the junior senator from Hawaii telling men to “shut up”. No one has forced her to walk back from that outrageous response so they must approve. It is not whiney to point out that something is unfair when it is actually happening to you.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:33 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
One black hire in 13 years? Out of 100 law clerks hires, she hired only one black? Ginsburg is obviously a racist but Dems seem to approve of her.
I think the post was about Kavenaughs first day on the job hiring one black ...
...and the rest females ( and, yah, I bet he did )

Old 10-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
'Nuther lazy republican. Stop thieving and putting your name on it. Go away.
Well #1 I'm not a republican. #2 Dems is the party that can't take self responsibility, it's always someone else's fault.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:43 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I am not a man, nor am I white. The perception that the Democratic Party has declared war on Christian, straight, white men is rooted in actions and words that make it look like that is exactly what has happened. Just go watch the tape of the junior senator from Hawaii telling men to “shut up”. No one has forced her to walk back from that outrageous response so they must approve. It is not whiney to point out that something is unfair when it is actually happening to you.
It was " put on your big boy pants, shut up and step up " ,
aka privileged men stop being cry babies and do your job.

Much much more civil then whining out in a rage that a female Senator and the Clintons are out to get you.

Why why why would a female Senator and the Clinton s be out to get Brett Kavenaugh ?

Old 10-08-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It's blatantly obvious, it's in the news all the time. How can anyone tolerate racism like this? BTW I'm not white and I think this is disgusting.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...verse-mentors/

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11161
A California State University, Fresno professor says the literary community "must DEMAND that white editors resign," saying it is intolerable for them to hold "positions of power."

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11157
In a chapter for a new "Handbook of Race and Arts in Education," a University of North Texas art education professor argues that K-12 teachers should work to combat "geometries of whiteness."

https://www.thecollegefix.com/califo...ple-on-campus/
California university works to reduce number of white people on campus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies