Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He was nominated by a President who did not have the majority of American voter's suppport -- and he barely squeaked in.

304 vs 227....he did not win?

Quote:
He's not a popular choice by any means.

When did the popular vote ever matter? Do tell oh and BTW: 304 vs 227

Quote:
It's not complicated.

Evidently it is, because you and many other do not have the ability to understand what 304 vs 227 means.....

Quote:
Look it's still a win for conservatives. I don't think it will change much. But it is a symbolic, emotional win.

It's not an emotional win, a person stood up for himself, why are you mad at that?

Quote:
I'm not knocking that.

Yes, yes you are.

Quote:
But let's not pretend the voters are making some grand gesture.....they haven't yet.

Yes they did and you and your ilk cannot stand it.

Quote:
Maybe in November.

Yes, and people will remember what happened in September and October..it's fresh in their minds....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Well, it seems that we have our answer. No, it's not starting to sink in yet.

Keep doing what you're doing, dems. And we'll keep scooping up those wins.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Well, it seems that we have our answer. No, it's not starting to sink in yet.

Keep doing what you're doing, dems. And we'll keep scooping up those wins.
Be careful who you hate. It might be someone you love.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:21 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Unless the republicans and moderates get out and vote, the dems won't take the hint that integrity matters. We live in a society where people are basically saying with their vote that integrity doesn't matter, all that matters is "mah feelings." As far as Trump's behavior, I'm convinced he just acts the way he does because he knows how to manipulate the press, after reading and watching some of his material from the 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker38 View Post
Trump will have 320 EV's in 2020.

He will pick up Minnesota and New Hampshire at least.
Depends on who the democrats run.. they seem to think they need to run some celebrity figure.. Obama is proof you don't need somebody well known... just get a well spoken person who is perhaps more moderate leaning with some integrity and they could probably win easily since Trump's behavior still turns a number of people off. Obama wasn't 'that' bad, and he was well spoken and articulate. Part of the reason is because there was gridlock with republicans in congress not getting his bills through, which is why I always promote gridlock. The less bills we pass, the better.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:23 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When you've got a case like this - a bitter battle, and the winners winning in a teeny way, but going about fist bumping each other and jeering and belly bumping, that's a huge concern. Graceful winning is essential when the populace is split half and half.

Which is something Trump completely does not get. And it will be the death of us as a country. Even the Civil War/Reconstruction presidents got that truth. If you win, you are graceful to the "losers" in your country, because unity is paramount.

I don't think the right wing/Trumpers understand this vital concept. Graceful winning is so very important. Unless they're fine with breaking the US in two, which is where we're headed.

Graceful winning IS important. Too bad BO didn't read this post. After all, he's the one who chortled, “Elections have consequences. We won, you lost. Get over it.”

Old 10-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Unless the republicans and moderates get out and vote, the dems won't take the hint that integrity matters. We live in a society where people are basically saying with their vote that integrity doesn't matter, all that matters is "mah feelings." As far as Trump's behavior, I'm convinced he just acts the way he does because he knows how to manipulate the press, after reading and watching some of his material from the 80's.
I would think the democrats are saying what matters is the rights that have been fought for since the 70's.

And it's a concern, the passion of the people who want to take them away.

Roe v Wade is indeed on the table, as is the right of gays to marry. Somehow, there is a segment of society who thinks they have a right to tell other people who they can love.

I still don't get that.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
304 vs 227....he did not win?

When did the popular vote ever matter? Do tell oh and BTW: 304 vs 227

Evidently it is, because you and many other do not have the ability to understand what 304 vs 227 means.....

It's not an emotional win, a person stood up for himself, why are you mad at that?

Yes, yes you are.

Yes they did and you and your ilk cannot stand it.

Yes, and people will remember what happened in September and October..it's fresh in their minds....
Oh you know I've acknowledge that Trump has won fair and square so don't give me -- when did the popular vote matter. It matters when folks pretend that there was some sweeping movement from American voters. He won -- yes he did.

'he squeaked in' was Kavanaugh -- one vote changes and it's a tie -- two and he's not confirmed -- that's a squeak.

The emotional win -- is my comment. Unlike some folks i don't believe there will be huge change with Kavanaugh on the bench...so it is a symbolic or feel good movement but I still have faith that the court will do their job according to the letter of the law.

No -- the voters didn't make a big grand gesture. No matter how much you want to believe there was some big statement made.....the votes just don't show that.

And you are most certainly right -- folks may remember what happened in September and October. Right now we have no clear picture of what folks other than the strong base for either party, think. Nobody knows. We may have feelings but we don't know.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 PM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Or is it going to take another victory in November for you guys to get the picture? Your slanderous, wedge-issue, never-Trump campaigning methods doesn't work anymore. People are sick and tired of the lies and hatred that your party constantly spews.

The rest of the country is moving forward. It's time to decide if you want to get left behind.
Democrats aren’t generally known to be as politically active as Republicans. It’s one of the shortfalls of pandering to a lazy constituency

It would take another young, Black, smart, charasmatic Obama for Democrats to turn this ship around. And Michelle already said she wasn’t running.

When liberals called anyone who didn’t agree with them racist, sexist, homophobe, bigots, and basket of deplorables, Americans don’t forget it.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:26 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
The snowflakes really gonna melt once Ginsbergs spot is filled next lol

The Grim Reaper checks his watch every time Ginsberg nods off.....

Tick-tock Ruthie.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Graceful winning IS important. Too bad BO didn't read this post. After all, he's the one who chortled, “Elections have consequences. We won, you lost. Get over it.”
How many times, would you estimate, that Trump has made a statement very similar to that?

I think more than 100 times when he goes to places that are in white poverty.

And Obama won the popular vote AND the electoral vote, so there's a little more moral ground to stand on when you state your victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies