Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 05:48 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times

Advertisements

Unlike men, women will vote for who they feel the best candidate is and we don't vote solely based on gender. There are a few women running that are absolutely bonkers. I won't vote for them just because I'm a woman and they are the same gender as me.

But I can turn this around, OP, and wonder why so many men will only vote for men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:53 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Don't understand why celebrities feel the need to constantly inject themselves into politics and announce to the whole world who they're voting for.

Hillary Clinton had the whole of Hollywood behind her, e.g. Meryl Streep, Barbara Streisand, declaring their love for her, rockers like Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, NBA stars like LeBron James, everyone of them at her rallies back in 2016.

What did it do? It just makes the Democrats look like the party of the elite and kind've backfired when she kept campaigning and hanging out with rich celebs.
Yeah, I hate it when celebrities inject themselves into politics. Especially when one of them actually gets elected.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:03 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Looks like Taylor Swift must be a woman hater, because she is endorsing Phil Bredesen (D) for Senate in Tennessee over Marsha Blackburn (R).

Taylor Swift bashes Blackburn in favor of Tennessee Dems, breaking political silence

If someone wants to try to put a partisan spin on this for me so that I can understand it in the proper "Politically correct" context, that could be helpful here.
Well for some reason women's rights advocate doesn't jump out at me when you mention Blackburn's name whether its closing family planning clinics or violence against women. I am not in favor of rock stars weighing in but tell me what the spin was in Swift's statement. Her voting record on many issues has been deplorable.
'

Last edited by Goodnight; 10-08-2018 at 06:13 AM..

Old 10-08-2018, 06:10 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
There was once a 4chan meme about her being a neo Nazi and perhaps she was feeling it was gaining enough credibility that she had to set the record straight.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
This thread has a pretty dumb premise: that if you vote against a woman, you must hate women. What about a race between two women? I can't count the number of times I have voted against a woman, but not because she was a woman.
I think this thread is trying to flip the "if you voted against Hillary you voted against women" talking point on its head, and in a way it's working. I bet if you look back at the posting histories of some of the lefties mocking the OP's premise here you'll see them singing a different tune back when Hillary lost and this talking point was a more common one. Or at least you won't see them mocking and rejecting it as you do now.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Looks like Taylor Swift must be a woman hater, because she is endorsing Phil Bredesen (D) for Senate in Tennessee over Marsha Blackburn (R).

Taylor Swift bashes Blackburn in favor of Tennessee Dems, breaking political silence

If someone wants to try to put a partisan spin on this for me so that I can understand it in the proper "Politically correct" context, that could be helpful here.

What’s with the hyperbole?

Swift does not care for Blackburn’s voting record. Nothing to do with gender.

Why do you or anyone care how Swift votes?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:34 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Man please.

Taylor Swifts only cares about her bottom line. $$$$$$

Stop giving your money away to these shills and trolls.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
You just did that. I doubt anyone can beat you at that game.

Hates women?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Don't understand why celebrities feel the need to constantly inject themselves into politics and announce to the whole world who they're voting for.

Hillary Clinton had the whole of Hollywood behind her, e.g. Meryl Streep, Barbara Streisand, declaring their love for her, rockers like Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, NBA stars like LeBron James, everyone of them at her rallies back in 2016.

What did it do? It just makes the Democrats look like the party of the elite and kind've backfired when she kept campaigning and hanging out with rich celebs.
Because they are told to?

It's part of the act. Scripted like their acting or songs or performances. It's 'entertainment'

How do people STILL not know this in 2018????

Old 10-08-2018, 06:41 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
Good for Taylor for denouncing racism and homophobic laws and policies.

I'm a woman and I didn't support Sara Palin for any position in the federal government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies