Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 08:46 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Did either of them push for prison reform, or were they silent while Obama arrested drug users, leakers, political dissenters, and immigrants.
I don't know. I was not privy to their conversations. And we are all aware of how negative everyone on the right is towards celebrities talking about and/or becoming involved in politics. You want celebs involved politically or not?

You appear to be implying that celebrities should be involved in domestic policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 09:25 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't know. I was not privy to their conversations. And we are all aware of how negative everyone on the right is towards celebrities talking about and/or becoming involved in politics. You want celebs involved politically or not?

You appear to be implying that celebrities should be involved in domestic policy.
If they can help, I’m not a republican.

But Beyoncé, Oprah, Etc. These are the most insufferable hypocrites of all time.

The meet with the Saudi butcher, give endless love to Obama has he hails blacks and immigrants in mass, and then lectures others about the plight of African Americans.

Pure BS, at least Kanye is doing something.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:28 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
I will continue to pray for Kanye. That poor, poor man has been lost mentally ever since his mother died years ago.

For Kanye West to think that Donald Trump truly cares about black issues, and Donald isn't just using him because he (Kanye) is endorsing Trump......."sad!"

Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna918026

I wonder, did Obama invite him over?

Anyways, good for them, maybe he can get more prison reform done.

Kim and Kanye have done more than any other so called celebrities.
No one knows better the influence of reality TV and celebrity than Trump. The Kardashians are the royalty of celebrity reality TV.

The timing of this dinner, weeks before midterms, says it all.

In the mid 90’s, Alice Johnson was convicted of multiple counts of Cocaine trafficking in conjunction with a Colombian organization based in Texas. She was given a life sentence with no opportunity for parole.

The ACLU launched a campaign to free Johnson in 2014 along with neatly 17,000 others. Eric Holder, then AG, subsequently announced it would no longer pursue mandatory minimum sentencing for non- violent Federal drug crimes on a case by case basis. Conservative media went nuts.

All in, Obama commuted the sentences of 1715 people, most of whom had previously received mandatory sentences for non- violent drug crimes. For whatever reason, Johnson and 15,000 others, did not make the cut.

Republicans substantially criticized Obama for clemency. No shortage of conservative cable, radio and online media went off the rails about how Obama had put so many drug dealers and hardened criminals back into the general population.

Subsequent, CNN took up Johnson’s cause and ran an op-ed on her behalf, whereby she asked for forgiveness and a second chance. Online media picked up on it. Kim Kardashian saw it. She used her celebrity power to make contact with Invanka about the need to help women inmates,specifically Johnson.

Ivanka put a bug in Jared and her father’s ear. They saw the political advantage of making a spectacle about the commutation. I have no recollection of conservative cable TV criticizing Trump’s decision.

Trump appointed Jeff Sessions to AG and did so knowing there was no greater advocate for restoring Mandatory Minimum Sentencing for non- violent drug crimes than Sessions.

It’s all about the optics.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yes, without question. He's a very prominent figure in the world music industry, he's an influencer for millions of Americans and he's in a unique position to help fix some issues that the President would like to address.
This is all about the egos of two men with influence.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
P. Diddy
T.I.
Kanye West.
Chance The Rapper
They are all Grammy award winning rappers, and all supporters of President Trump.
So?

Sad, sad state that so many seem to be easily influenced by any celebrity, no matter who or what they seem to support.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:26 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Kanye is a democrat, pushing trump to the left is a good thing.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:14 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna918026

I wonder, did Obama invite him over?
"Yo I'm the reason metal detectors go off the meter
'Cause I'll run through the airport with the heater (handgun)
Gets the f-g at his plane (shoot him by his airplane), and if I miss him
Put two (bullets) in his brain at the baggage claim"

"Til you leave on a stretcher (shot by a gun) or I leave in cuffs
nig-as wanna live, they done breathed enough
And I bet you next time they'll believe in us
It don't take much brains to know we bust (shoot) things
My gat must bang (my gun must be fired), through your Mustang

-Kanye West

https://genius.com/Kanye-west-all-i-...-i-have-lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIyX6MZzOjc

Obama publicly called Kayne West a "jackass." And Obama probably didn't invite Kanye West to the White House because he didn't want that idiot around him, his wife, or his daughters.
Kanye West still isn

Rappers like Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, the Game, and 2Pac rap about guns with a certain kind of respect and manly glamour. But idiots like Kanye West rap about shooting people in crowded airports and shooting bullets through cars (rappers like Kanye West inspire people to shoot people at crowded parties, festivals, and parades.)

Donald Trump has conservatives respecting Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin, and gangster rappers. I wonder who Donald Trump will have conservatives respecting next?

Last edited by chad3; 10-10-2018 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-10-2018, 11:34 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
It seems like some of you making fun of this have conveniently forgotten that Obama invited to meet the woman who soaks in milk and cheerios and then drinks the milk. Sorry but Kayne is heads above that yahoo.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
There are black pastors groups who have said that Obama never had them there. They also said that Obama would never do what Trump did for boxing champion Jack Johnson.

President Trump is more supportive of black men and women than anyone we have had in office.

Kayne is Trump's friend. He helped Kayne before he ever became President.
The people who get to know President Trump won't be swayed by the lies against him though the leftists will try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6FWSD0bl0
Jack Johnson is DEAD! Little good that did him. Why didn’t white folks treat him better during his life?

And why in the hell shouid we want black pastors invited to the White House? They’re part of the problem in Black America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It means save your sympathy for those still in the hood.

Guess I'm just a smaller baller. All that evil white American oppression keeps me down.

He's a successful black conservative like Kanye West.

Sorry that you hate your own kind so much, you'll learn to get over black conservatives sooner or later. Some of us don't need to wait for a politician's promise to legislate blacks up the social ladder, we prefer to do it in our own lifetime.

A college degree brings more income than a minimal wage hike. But keep on waiting for that magical "hope and change" that's suppose to come one day while life passes you by in the meantime.
Kanye West isn’t a conservative. LMAO.

Man, you guys are easy marks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies