Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 03:03 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess this is the new strategy by republicans, claiming "Mob Rule", Grassley, Trump, Graham, McConnell all on the new message. Since when are protests mob rule, was the Tea Party protests back in 2010 mob rule, how about Vietnam protestors or Charlottesville.

They should be worried, there is momentum to these protests.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2018/1...fear-mob-rule/
You are comparing Tea Party gatherings to the vile crap leftist groups are doing via BLM, Occupy Wall Street, Black Bloc, Antifa, etc.

When leftist mobs riot to stop intelligent discussion/debate to occur, and they celebrate when the speaker pulls out, that is mob rule.
But lets hear how you'd characterize such behavior?

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 03:05 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Let's approach this in a different way, shall we?

99% of all political protests that involve assaulting people, destroying businesses and setting fires are done by the left.
Nope. Wrong again.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:38 PM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You are comparing Tea Party gatherings to the vile crap leftist groups are doing via BLM, Occupy Wall Street, Black Bloc, Antifa, etc.

When leftist mobs riot to stop intelligent discussion/debate to occur, and they celebrate when the speaker pulls out, that is mob rule.
But lets hear how you'd characterize such behavior?

`
We were speaking about the people protesting the supreme court selection, and the republicans claims of mob rule. Antifa and others are fringe groups and I don't believe that is what they were speaking to when they claimed the protestors were a mob, they purposely exaggerated.

Its wrong for any group to halt discussion, those protestors were rightfully removed, Those were the same actions taken by the Tea Part but no one characterized them as a mob, those were mostly small town meetings that were completely shut down. Both were wrong but in this case the protestors were peaceful for the most part and done outside in the mall.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:43 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise
Let's approach this in a different way, shall we?

99% of all political protests that involve assaulting people, destroying businesses and setting fires are done by the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nope. Wrong again.
How?

It's easy to say "wrong" when you haven't a clue why, but "just because".

I agree with the premise because is so GOD DAMN obvious to the rest of s. However, I have an open mind, unlike the progressives.

PLEASE, textplain how, exactly, ringwise was wrong.

HONESTLY... please point us to a violent right protest. I would love to say "that's horrible!"

YOU are what you defend. If you defend violence, incivility, ignorance.... you are all of those.

Going low... makes you a low life.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:47 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
in the past couple years, I have become downright scare of a liberal demonstration. down right scared that somebody going get hurt, windows going get broken and a police car burned. I would stay as far away as I could. Do you think liberals want people to hide from their demonstrations?

Old 10-10-2018, 03:49 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Screaming at each other from the protection of angry screaming mobs around us is really not going to solve any issues. Both sides need a two week vacation, time to write down their thoughts, and the we can all sit at a conference table somewhere and hash it out.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Screaming at each other from the protection of angry screaming mobs around us is really not going to solve any issues. Both sides need a two week vacation, time to write down their thoughts, and the we can all sit at a conference table somewhere and hash it out.

BOTH sides?

There is only one screaming, out of control, angry for years, mob!

Obama... thank you
He, after all, was the actual divider in chief. He is going on the "defense of myself tour" and being so un-Presidential. Seriously, no President has ever been such a low life.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:57 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
BOTH sides?

There is only one screaming, out of control, angry for years, mob!

Obama... thank you
He, after all, was the actual divider in chief. He is going on the "defense of myself tour" and being so un-Presidential. Seriously, no President has ever been such a low life.
No, if you've been to a rally for just about any "cause" out there, there will always be opposing sides screaming at each other..

Old 10-10-2018, 03:58 PM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
in the past couple years, I have become downright scare of a liberal demonstration. down right scared that somebody going get hurt, windows going get broken and a police car burned. I would stay as far away as I could. Do you think liberals want people to hide from their demonstrations?
Sounds like you are speaking about Antifa, not liberals in general, where do you live?
The FBI and LE needs to do a better job taking out Antifa but you are generalizing with your comments.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
No, if you've been to a rally for just about any "cause" out there, there will always be opposing sides screaming at each other..
Honestly, what is it you hope to do here?

Sorry, I was too busy gather signatures to pass the Air Quality Proposition here in California... you know, doing something responsible, rather than yelling and screaming. We got that passed, BTW!

I guess I'm one of the few snowballs, rather than a snowflake.

I used to be a Dem. They abandoned me, so I've returned the favor. I can't be a member of the CRAZY party any longer.

TELL US... do you believe ANTIFA is actually anti-fascist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies