Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 08:44 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Obama knew in 2014 the Russians were manipulating the 2016 election and did nothing. So it's Trump's fault? I suspect Obama was working with the Russians to get Hillary elected. Like just about everything else Obama did, it failed.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ference-241547

lmao
Don't waste your time. You are trying to talk sense to one of the forums most prolific #fakenews and lie pushers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 08:50 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Obama knew in 2014 the Russians were manipulating the 2016 election and did nothing. So it's Trump's fault? I suspect Obama was working with the Russians to get Hillary elected. Like just about everything else Obama did, it failed.

lmao
Who said 2014 is Trump's fault?

He's been in office since January of 2017. It's now October of 2018. What has he done in all that time to beef up security? Oh right, nothing. What have Republicans in congress done? Oh right, they've blocked funding for election security.

When are Trump and congressional Republicans going to own up to their own actions (or lack thereof) and stop with the "but Obama!!!" deflection/whine?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:09 AM

13,235 posts, read 21,860,221 times
Quote:

lmao
Obama indeed underestimated the threat. On the other hand, there was no precedent for what was happening. It's real easy in retrospect to say he should have spotted the threat and recognized the implications, in which case you and the rest of his detractors would have criticized him for causing friction with Russia. It's easy to criticize a decision in retrospect, when you now have information that wasn't available at the time.

But that was then, and this is now. We NOW know that the Russians are in a full-assault on US democracy. That's not an overstatement, it's fact. And not only is Trump not doing anything about it, he's actually weakening our cybersecurity defense by eliminating top cybersecurity roles within his administration. And this is being done at the behest of John Bolton who thinks he knows everything we need to about cybersecurity. That's the real joke here. Keep laughing, comrade.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I suspect Obama was working with the Russians to get Hillary elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Don't waste your time. You are trying to talk sense to one of the forums most prolific #fakenews and lie pushers.
So you think it makes sense that Obama was working with the Russians to get Hillary elected? Oh my...

Old 10-10-2018, 01:23 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Who said 2014 is Trump's fault?

He's been in office since January of 2017. It's now October of 2018. What has he done in all that time to beef up security? Oh right, nothing. What have Republicans in congress done? Oh right, they've blocked funding for election security.

When are Trump and congressional Republicans going to own up to their own actions (or lack thereof) and stop with the "but Obama!!!" deflection/whine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Obama indeed underestimated the threat. On the other hand, there was no precedent for what was happening. It's real easy in retrospect to say he should have spotted the threat and recognized the implications, in which case you and the rest of his detractors would have criticized him for causing friction with Russia. It's easy to criticize a decision in retrospect, when you now have information that wasn't available at the time.

But that was then, and this is now. We NOW know that the Russians are in a full-assault on US democracy. That's not an overstatement, it's fact. And not only is Trump not doing anything about it, he's actually weakening our cybersecurity defense by eliminating top cybersecurity roles within his administration. And this is being done at the behest of John Bolton who thinks he knows everything we need to about cybersecurity. That's the real joke here. Keep laughing, comrade.
State issue and state's rights come into play, that's why the bill went nowhere. The feds (Dems) were trying to take control of state voting systems.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:37 PM

7,832 posts, read 4,579,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
People that know nothing about network security and end-to-end principals don't really have any business discussing this topic.

Tell me, OP. What do you actually think "cyber-security" means?
I'd venture to say any rando knows as much about it as Trump, so I fail to see what high ground you're seeking to take...

Old 10-10-2018, 06:12 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,152,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
People that know nothing about network security and end-to-end principals don't really have any business discussing this topic.

Tell me, OP. What do you actually think "cyber-security" means?
It doesn't matter what I think it means. What matters is that staffers have said that he's basically given no directives to focus on the problem.

Quote:
That's not true. Perhaps you didn't even read the article well. Many people - including me - thing Obama could have done more, and he didn't immediately broach the subject with Putin, but he did in fact move to have experts apply themselves to the problem. Trump did not.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:58 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
State issue and state's rights come into play, that's why the bill went nowhere. The feds (Dems) were trying to take control of state voting systems.
I fail to see how the federal government offering funding constitutes a takeover but okay...

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your opposition to free, fair, secure elections.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 PM

20,774 posts, read 8,618,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So you think it makes sense that Obama was working with the Russians to get Hillary elected? Oh my...
No, Hillary was working with the Russians, corrupt FBI and DoJ to prevent Trump from being elected, but failing that to try to overthrow him in what is being called a soft coup. SpyGate is the biggest political scandal of modern times.

Why do you think dozens of top officials at the FBI and DoJ have resigned, been fired or demoted? Why are they all being subpoenaed to testify? Former FBI attorney James Baker and Lisa Page just flipped. There are grand juries being readied for Comey, McCabe, Sally Yates and possibly Rod Mr Peepers Rosenstein (who refused to testify this week) all involved in signing FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign using the fake dossier (paid for by Clinton for info from Russians via Christopher Steele).

This story is more exciting than any movie or TV series but frightening because it's true.

If you want details read attorney Gregg Jarrett's best seller The Russia Hoax. 1300 five star reviews at Amazon.com.. Plenty of footnotes and facts, not feeeeeliings, to catch you up. Then you will know more than the dimwitted presstitutes in censored opposition media.

Or just start watching Fox News, especially Hannity who was one of the first to report this story a year and a half ago. DailyCaller has been on top of it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Russia-Hoax-I.../dp/0062872745

Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
No, Hillary was working with the Russians, corrupt FBI and DoJ to prevent Trump from being elected, but failing that to try to overthrow him in what is being called a soft coup. SpyGate is the biggest political scandal of modern times.

Why do you think dozens of top officials at the FBI and DoJ have resigned, been fired or demoted? Why are they all being subpoenaed to testify? Former FBI attorney James Baker and Lisa Page just flipped. There are grand juries being readied for Comey, McCabe, Sally Yates and possibly Rod Mr Peepers Rosenstein (who refused to testify this week) all involved in signing FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign using the fake dossier (paid for by Clinton for info from Russians via Christopher Steele).

This story is more exciting than any movie or TV series but frightening because it's true.

If you want details read attorney Gregg Jarrett's best seller The Russia Hoax. 1300 five star reviews at Amazon.com.. Plenty of footnotes and facts, not feeeeeliings, to catch you up. Then you will know more than the dimwitted presstitutes in censored opposition media.

Or just start watching Fox News, especially Hannity who was one of the first to report this story a year and a half ago. DailyCaller has been on top of it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Russia-Hoax-I.../dp/0062872745
Hahaha, put your tinfoil hat back on.

Trump
-------
Manafort
Flynn
Gates
Cohen
Papadopolous
Patten

Hillary
--------
-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies