Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 09:41 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times

Advertisements

First I want McConnell to explain how long it will take all of the eminent domain cases to get through the court systems, next I want him to explain how many American's will be affected by the land seizures, and and last, I would like to see how much it will cost.

Yeah build that wall with the house turned blue... Not. It's nothing more than red meat rhetoric. Two years in and no wall? Two years in and Hillary is still free? In this case two and two equals four. It's as plain as day, neither is going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 10:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I wish they'd "try to help" Trump remember where he left that great health plan instead. That would be of more value to Americans than a wall.

But a wall he can point to and say "mine" will stroke his fragile ego more than a mere 'plan'.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:12 AM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
When are they going to freaking finish that thing already?

Old 10-13-2018, 01:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Every single wall prototype failed. Every one of them.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ego/992770002/

Even if Congress does give him some money, there is no working design to build.

Gee, I guess Mr Real Estate Developer Trump can't even get a stupid wall built ! Maybe they should hire some of those Mexican laborers, they KNOW how to build stuff !

How hard is it to build a damn wall ? The Chinese did it a bunch of centuries ago.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Encouraging signs from McConnell. Looks like he's finally ready to play hardball.

https://apnews.com/8f3393797f4a41dca4c3737bc7cd7e0c
Finally? McConnell has been hard at work trampling all over the Constitution.

Fight? Sure. Bring it on.

Trump and the GOP are going to close down the government over a wall that a minority of the country wants? Lol. That will be great for the Dems.

Go check out the GOP's popularity when closing down the government in 2013. I didn't think ratings could sink into single digits.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:01 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
... the use of eminent domain to take land from local ranchers to build the wall.
THIS.

It amazes me the complete disregard for property rights by the pro-wall people.

Land seizures for the good of the State; where else did that happen? Oh yeah...The Soviet Union and Maoist China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
First I want McConnell to explain how long it will take all of the eminent domain cases to get through the court systems, next I want him to explain how many American's will be affected by the land seizures, and and last, I would like to see how much it will cost.
Hopefully the landowners will fight tooth and nail--up to and including deadly force--to protect their property rights against the government trying to steal it from them.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:47 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
It's amazing how Trump followers believe every word that comes out of that idiot's mouth. He just pulls this crap out of his bag of tricks for his campaign rallies because he knows it's red meat for his base. That, and "lock her up!" and "Democrats (or journalists or fill-in-the-blank) are evil" (he is apparently unaware that he is POTUS for all American citizens, not just those that support him), makes a mockery of the position of POTUS ("Here's me, looking presidential.""), sells off pieces of pristine American wild lands to foreign mining and drilling interests--in order to "make America great again," I guess, and endlessly on and on. He is a complete buffoon and a deep embarrassment to the nation. If George Washington were alive today, he'd clock him and toss him out on his a$$. But, you know, his base, "the mob": they get so much pleasure from joining him in his nastiness, spitting on everyone and anyone who thinks differently. Guess that's what happens when public education goes down the tubes. . . .

Old 10-13-2018, 02:58 PM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
It's amazing how Trump followers believe every word that comes out of that idiot's mouth. He just pulls this crap out of his bag of tricks for his campaign rallies because he knows it's red meat for his base. That, and "lock her up!" and "Democrats (or journalists or fill-in-the-blank) are evil" (he is apparently unaware that he is POTUS for all American citizens, not just those that support him), makes a mockery of the position of POTUS ("Here's me, looking presidential.""), sells off pieces of pristine American wild lands to foreign mining and drilling interests--in order to "make America great again," I guess, and endlessly on and on. He is a complete buffoon and a deep embarrassment to the nation. If George Washington were alive today, he'd clock him and toss him out on his a$$. But, you know, his base, "the mob": they get so much pleasure from joining him in his nastiness, spitting on everyone and anyone who thinks differently. Guess that's what happens when public education goes down the tubes. . . .

The above is a good example of the typical leftist hate and lies.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:57 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I'm thinkin if Repubs keep both legislative-branches, Mueller gets fired along with a lot of other
Deep-Staters.

Last edited by tickyul; 10-13-2018 at 07:52 PM..

Old 10-14-2018, 09:04 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Sounds like the Democrats are helping you immensely, not holding you down.

So to recap, you are whining about subsidizing other Americans while taking full advantage of the subsidies yourself.

Why not stand on your principles and just go it alone instead? No one is forcing you to make use of Obamacare. Admit it, you're going through the exchanges for your insurance because you like the subsidies.

I don't know what you're talking about. I earn too much to qualify for subsidize for anything I buy. I play by the rules and live by the free market, but am coerced in to subsidizing everyone elses bloated lifestyle. Soda is the number one item purchased with food subsidies for the poor in America. After these folks destroy their health with their poor dietary/lifestyle choices, I am then forced to subsidize/pay for their healthcare. Meanwhile, I can't afford to get sick because it could literally destroy me financially.

You obviously have no clue how the rest of us are forced to live so that parasites can get fatter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies